Dear Parramatta

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nope. A club can act on a contract in the event of a negative incident involving the player (ensuring the NRL supports it...most likely), but an injury is something they'll have to wear.

And if said hip injury saw Foran retire early, the Eels will be forced to pay out his entire agreed salary for that four year period. Won't count to their Cap for subsequent seasons after the retirement announcement, but a lot to handover for nothing. (Which perhaps is how they're already feeling about Watmough at about this time).
Not too sure about that HH, I don't think the club is liable for the full duration of the contract if he's injured early into the contract, they certainly are liable for the full season he commenced,but if he cannot commence the following season, and subsequent seasons, then I don't think they are liable.
I think the contract only protects his tenure and salary only.

Not too sure about that HH, I don't think the club is liable for the full duration of the contract if he's injured early into the contract, they certainly are liable for the full season he commenced,but if he cannot commence the following season, and subsequent seasons, then I don't think they are liable.
I think the contract only protects his tenure and salary only.

G'day Peter. It is definitely the case. It's inclusion was discussed at length between the NRL, RLPA and clubs. The clubs eventually agreed to it, but the catch was we were now unlikely to see long-term contracts offered to older players. That's why Manly have seen some of their older warriors leave to take up more lucrative contracts, generally for longer term than we were prepared to offer/risk.

What hasn't been sorted is the issue of player insurance, and in particular a blanket policy across the code to support players financially in the event of a career-ending injury. So while somebody like McKinnon was assured of a payout of his then contract value, it was only the further actions by the NRL to fund his ongoing, lifetime medical costs that prevent him to having to somehow finance it himself.

While the agreement is a step forward, the amount varies significantly based on contract amount and length of time left to serve. It is now a priority for an insurance policy to be put in place so that when Foran has a career-ending hip injury, he isn't reliant on Parramatta to stump up for his ongoing bills, as well as paying out his full contract value.

G'day Peter. It is definitely the case. It's inclusion was discussed at length between the NRL, RLPA and clubs. The clubs eventually agreed to it, but the catch was we were now unlikely to see long-term contracts offered to older players. That's why Manly have seen some of their older warriors leave to take up more lucrative contracts, generally for longer term than we were prepared to offer/risk.

What hasn't been sorted is the issue of player insurance, and in particular a blanket policy across the code to support players financially in the event of a career-ending injury. So while somebody like McKinnon was assured of a payout of his then contract value, it was only the further actions by the NRL to fund his ongoing, lifetime medical costs that prevent him to having to somehow finance it himself.

While the agreement is a step forward, the amount varies significantly based on contract amount and length of time left to serve. It is now a priority for an insurance policy to be put in place so that when Foran has a career-ending hip injury, he isn't reliant on Parramatta to stump up for his ongoing bills, as well as paying out his full contract value.
Thanks HH

Worth posting this twice.
FB_IMG_1431772286382.jpg

Brad looks quite handsome in the early phase of his transformation. Almost leading man-like. Or a younger version of Nick Politis. Then he evolves into a hobbit at the end. Poor guy. ;)

The eels forum keeps throwing up gems like this;
" Reply by Rosemont 8 hours ago
That will be the day Frank, these Manly boyz are tight. Totally agree mate, The longer B.A. Coaches the worse he is but hey they all love B.A. He's a good bloke on target for a spoon.
Its no secret Arthur is pissed at Sandow for not following his game plan to a tee. However he ain't the only one.
Rumblings are he is losing some players as we speak.
I wish B.A. Could be dropped for a few games."

The thread is called Swallow your pride BA.......

He looks like a guy I'd hire as...hmmmm..... I dunno maybe the defensive coach? Then let him go onto bigger and better (snigger!!) things ;)

Nope. A club can act on a contract in the event of a negative incident involving the player (ensuring the NRL supports it...most likely), but an injury is something they'll have to wear.

And if said hip injury saw Foran retire early, the Eels will be forced to pay out his entire agreed salary for that four year period. Won't count to their Cap for subsequent seasons after the retirement announcement, but a lot to handover for nothing. (Which perhaps is how they're already feeling about Watmough at about this time).
Choc was like a Trojan horse

I actually feel sorry for Tim Mannah. Nice bloke and a good player but he feels obliged to be loyal to that ratshthole club. Then at the end of his career they'll shaft him like Fui Fui.

@Mavin does it make you feel big going through threads I've posted in and rating them troll? cause it seems a little bit juvenile. Kind of also seems like trolling?

It's an option and why's it upset you so much? precious you don't respond when people like your post so why get upset. Juvenile would be you 2 become upset about a rating on a forum lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4