DCE KICKING GAME

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
DCE’s long kicking game is still good, he was close to getting a few 40/20s against the Broncos. However, his bombs lack some hang time and his short grubbers can be hit & miss.
Yeah why does Chez never put up a monster bomb. They are always a little 9 iron on to the green often falling short

He used to be the best tactical kicker in the game and he was so good at repeat sets... now well..... he cant read the game any more.
Last 2 weeks. Turbo kicks dead on last. Siro kicks dead on last. Jake kicks dead on last. Why are these players kicking on the last? Dce just cant make the right decisions anymore.. always hits the legs whereas other halfs kick it through. Its really not hard to do that.. iv played footy its really easy actually... especially for the "best half" in the comp.
We need to use turbo for the lyon Esq tap back to the winger or center and kick behind a rushing defenses. Walker did one and it put them in 2 minds and we scored soon after. Dce does the same thing every time he is so predictable that walker has outplayed him last 3 games and will next week at this rate. Walker 3 dce 0

Great thread. 4 years on and nothing has changed.
Bingo... though when we had blake green he was great as he didn't have to do much and green ran the show and controlled the games.. remember how many repeat sets he got us? I believe he was 1st in the league that year for repeat sets. With our pack and go forward dce should be able to execute them like green but doesnt

Bingo... though when we had blake green he was great as he didn't have to do much and green ran the show and controlled the games.. remember how many repeat sets he got us? I believe he was 1st in the league that year for repeat sets. With our pack and go forward dce should be able to execute them like green but doesnt
Mate your on the wrong horse in the wrong race.

Im happy to admit that DCE is off the pace for whatever reason at the moment but so is the team in general.

The Guy doesn't stop trying and i think that's the problem. As much as i would like to wax Lyrical about our side and how good they are a bit of perspective in a large dose is needed.

We have a pretty decent starting forward pack when they decide to turn up.
We have the Turbo's, DCE and to an extent Walker playing out of position. And thats it really.

Tell me of the top sides who would have our 2,3,4,5 ? Not many decent sides.

Who would take Sirro? He just never quite makes it before breaking down again.
Thompson is a leader but again just solid and not really rep standard.
We have no NO.9 now thanks to gangsta boy.
We don't have a 5/8.....

Why don't people see the facts in front of them?

Des has an ability to get more from lesser players which he's doing now but our backline won't win us a comp.

So back to DCE and his inability to do the job. He has to do too much most of the time and has done since 2014. Has that destroyed his game? Perhaps.... can he get back to where he needs to be? who knows.

Sure he's playing like a busted arse at the moment but so is most of the team.

Mate your on the wrong horse in the wrong race.

Im happy to admit that DCE is off the pace for whatever reason at the moment but so is the team in general.

The Guy doesn't stop trying and i think that's the problem. As much as i would like to wax Lyrical about our side and how good they are a bit of perspective in a large dose is needed.

We have a pretty decent starting forward pack when they decide to turn up.
We have the Turbo's, DCE and to an extent Walker playing out of position. And thats it really.

Tell me of the top sides who would have our 2,3,4,5 ? Not many decent sides.

Who would take Sirro? He just never quite makes it before breaking down again.
Thompson is a leader but again just solid and not really rep standard.
We have no NO.9 now thanks to gangsta boy.
We don't have a 5/8.....

Why don't people see the facts in front of them?

Des has an ability to get more from lesser players which he's doing now but our backline won't win us a comp.

So back to DCE and his inability to do the job. He has to do too much most of the time and has done since 2014. Has that destroyed his game? Perhaps.... can he get back to where he needs to be? who knows.

Sure he's playing like a busted arse at the moment but so is most of the team.
Wax lyrical haha you got that from ben iken.
Jorge Parker suli garrick would make lots of teams are you kidding me? Same as siro.. i agree with thommo we need better he offers little in attack but we dont do much for him either... garrick and suli are great players.. see garrick score that game winning try against parra he's a beast! Had a great year last year, its not his fault myth boy cant get the ball to him.
Agreed with gangsta boy comment he really screwed us.. we play very different now. We used to terrorise opposition rucks, not anymore. Dce needs to try harder he just lets walker do most of the work. He needs to watch his 2013 games so he can see how good he is

This is our great weakness. All the top teams can get repeat sets and build pressure. Moses, Cleary, Reynolds, keary, Smith to name a few. I can only remember a few repeat sets for us all year, where other teams can do that within 1 game. No doubt Walker is playing well and Chez probably is too, im just not sure they compliment each other. Chez played his best footy with Foran and Green, both who have great short kicking games. This is certainly an area of concern

This is our great weakness. All the top teams can get repeat sets and build pressure. Moses, Cleary, Reynolds, keary, Smith to name a few. I can only remember a few repeat sets for us all year, where other teams can do that within 1 game. No doubt Walker is playing well and Chez probably is too, im just not sure they compliment each other. Chez played his best footy with Foran and Green, both who have great short kicking games. This is certainly an area of concern
Munster got more in tonight's game then dce has last 3 games. Its a massive area of concern. Watching other teams play it looks so easy yet our man always finds the legs

His long kicking game is as good as any
His short kicking is awful atm

This main reason is obvious. Lack of options for years and years. It may surprise some but in one Barrett year ( other than JH who had his cards marked) he was the ONLY kicker in the 30.Api could t kick either.

And now it is the same. Week in week out opposition teams knows exactly where it’s going.Every single time.Its the same with his red zone playmaking. They KNOW where it’s going. I’ve said this numerous times but Corey Parker told me he rated DCE incredibly highly but when Foran went it was so much easier to simply target him. Goal one defence was easy.
Roosters and Melb have three guys so you can’t double team.
It is incredibly unusual that a side has only one kicker of note.I suggest every playmaker on his own would struggle.We need to fix this.DCE is simply being worn down. He has showed he has the skill , it’s about finding a partner. His form is awful, his effort is great. We need a circuit breaker.

I have seen Schuster play a few times but have not seen enough. Anyone know if he has good kicking game? If he has he needs to be given game time.Croker ok and can kick buts hard to see he’s our future.

Last edited:

This main reason is obvious. Lack of options for years and years. It may surprise some but in one Barrett year ( other than JH who had his cards marked) he was the ONLY kicker in the 30.Api could t kick either.

And now it is the same. Week in week out opposition teams knows exactly where it’s going.Every single time.Its the same with his red zone playmaking. They KNOW where it’s going. I’ve said this numerous times but Corey Parker told me he rated DCE incredibly highly but when Foran went it was so much easier to simply target him. Goal one defence was easy.
It is incredibly unusual that a side has only one kicker of note.I suggest every playmaker on his own would struggle.We need to fix this.DCE is simply being worn down. He has showed he has the skill , it’s about finding a partner. His form is awful, his effort is great. We need a circuit breaker.

I have seen Schuster play a few times but have not seen enough. Anyone know if he has good kicking game? If he has he needs to be given game time.Croker ok and can kick buts hard to see he’s our future.

So whats the answer. The type of foil cherry needs is not cheap and rarely a developement player. What part of our team do we let go to afford the other part of the jigsaw.

We cant let go of jorge and expect to replace him with a 700 k thinker, kicker, and boss man

We have to let go of 2 estabished footy players like afb, walker, thommo or sirro

Not demanding answers as such, just going with whats next

I find he does himself no favours with his positioning for long kicking sometimes. Stands too close to ruck and not deep enough, allowing markers to pressure him too easily. He can kick 40-20's and that's a great skill, but long kicking game is as much about finding the grass and corners.

His short kicking game almost looks like an afterthought most times. Goes to the line runs out of options, tries a grubber that doesn't work. You need to have a Plan A and a Plan B for your 5th tackle and make the decision early enough so that one of them is executed to a reasonable standard.

Its one of the reasons ive been wanting Croker to start at 9. At least he offers a kicking game.
If not at 9, I'd be starting Croker at 6 and use this opportunity to push Walker back to centre, Schuster or Cust for a bench spot and push Croker to 9 when they come on.
On a side note I still think Suli should be a winger, he would be a sivo type winger.
Fullback: Turbo
Centres: Walker Parker
Wingers: Suli Garrick
Halves: Chez Croker
Utility: Schuster
Unlucky for Jorge but in my opinion this is our best backline and gives us that all important 2nd kicker
The forwards basically pick themselves

Just looked up the stats. DCE is averaging 450 kick metres a game.
Walker only 55m a game
Add to this Levi does no kicking its quite obvious its a lot for DCE to take on.

Doesn't help when Levi is also passing to the wrong player on the 5th, especially close to the line. Take Thursday night when Jake kicked one dead. Instead of passing to DCE or Walker (Chez was closer and in better position), Levi passed to a shallow standing Jake who basically had two options - get tackled and cause a handover or kick and hope for the best.

Yet somehow that was DCE's fault for a poor 5th tackle option. But its not the first time Levi has passed to the wrong player on the last when we are attacking the opposition line.

Doesn't help when Levi is also passing to the wrong player on the 5th, especially close to the line. Take Thursday night when Jake kicked one dead. Instead of passing to DCE or Walker (Chez was closer and in better position), Levi passed to a shallow standing Jake who basically had two options - get tackled and cause a handover or kick and hope for the best.

Yet somehow that was DCE's fault for a poor 5th tackle option. But its not the first time Levi has passed to the wrong player on the last when we are attacking the opposition line.
Agree. I think Levi is best suited to just provide a nice crisp pass and feed the ball to the players who need it. He also ran himself instead of passing to Turbo in space. He is maybe trying too hard to make a break or create something where he is best served keeping a very simple game

Agree. I think Levi is best suited to just provide a nice crisp pass and feed the ball to the players who need it. He also ran himself instead of passing to Turbo in space. He is maybe trying too hard to make a break or create something where he is best served keeping a very simple game

That was part of the beauty of a dummy half like Matt Ballin. Matty barely ran from dummy half because he knew his role was to give good ball to his forwards, the halves and Snake. Levi hasn't got it yet and its not helping our attack. Hopefully he'll get it sooner rather than later.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8