DCE KICKING GAME

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
DCE kicking game will not win us a premiership ! This area of his game needs to improve ( if possible), his next half pairing will need to have a better kicking game than DCE, if we are to ever be top four contenders again

This will be a huge test for him to see if he can take his game to the next level, regards to playing for field position and placing himself in the right positions to get good kicks away !

There is heaps of room for improvement

I hope staff and players can turn this aspect of the game into our strength and not weakness

I thought it already has.
You beat me to it. His kicking game was awesome in 2011-2013. In late 2014,2015 and this season it has been average. He needs to recapture that earlier form or hand it over to the 5/8th, whoever that will be next year.

Didn't see much wrong apart from a miss kick trying to get in behind Burgess.

The bombs to Burgess allowed pressure and paid dividends, another landed one metre out allowing us to keep them in their 20 for 4 tackles until Brown knocked the pass down.

DCE kicking game will not win us a premiership ! This area of his game needs to improve ( if possible), his next half pairing will need to have a better kicking game than DCE, if we are to ever be top four contenders again

This will be a huge test for him to see if he can take his game to the next level, regards to playing for field position and placing himself in the right positions to get good kicks away !

There is heaps of room for improvement

I hope staff and players can turn this aspect of the game into our strength and not weakness
I'll take it, a month ago we were looking at a spoon, now we should be happy to see the team evolving and let it continue to evolve
My only real criticism is to keep brown away from a football field

Didn't think it was that bad last night. Lyon offers a good alternative as well. DCE has a far better kicking game than a lot of other halves. The reality is we are still very clunky and lack cohesion and this impacts all parts of our game, DCE kicking included. We should have won by 30plus last night and ended up getting home in a close one.

Better service from dummy half will see better kicking from DCE (it isn't that bad anyway). The other issue was that Api chose to give him the ball on a couple of occasions when the attacking line was set for Lyon to get the ball - DCE looked surprised to get it.

Not trying to rip on Api as he also does some excellent things (that's for sure), but this area of his game is a worry and it is impacting DCE. Look at Smith in Melbourne and how well he gets the ball out to Cronk when it's time to kick - he gets way more time and if it isn't on for Cronk, Smith get's it to Green.

He never had a bad kicking game with Ballin delivering crisp ball!

Ballin could read a game very well and when we had options on either side of the ruck 9 times out of 10 he would choose the best side to go down based on numbers and body language of the defence.

The defenders know that DCE will be getting it and at the moment and with the quality on his outside he is reluctant to run or pass it on the fifth.

In better days he had Killer and Gift on his outside. That makes the defence be very cautious about rushing DCE as there would always be the chance he would throw one.

Also the short kicking game for attacking plays is not what it once was. Snake charging through at 100miles an hour also keeps the defence just that little bit reserved in charging at the kicker. This play will work again when TT gets to full fitness and we practice it at training more.

Bottom line is our attack is just too predictable at the moment due to the quality that is on his outside.

I think DCE has a great kicking game but it's the injuries (leg injuries) of the last couple of seasons that hasn't allowed him to go for the odd 40-20 that he used to pull off.

Needs some good rehab in the off season and once he is confident he is over his injuries he'll be back to his usual self. He came back 4 weeks earlier than expected remember as we desperately needed him back.

Notice he isn't taking any goal line drop outs or anything and i think it's all due to managing that injury he suffered earlier this season.

Chez's dud kicking won Manly a Golden Point match a fortnight ago :wasntme:

His syndesmosis is still a huge issue so the kicking duties are being shared with Killer.

Api is still deciding who to pass to after he picks up the ball from dummy half. :confused:Last night there was another of his wasteful double pumps from dummy half :banghead:

WIP - just keep winning :wait:

At one stage in the 2nd half last night, DCE was hobbling in the back play and then it appeared that Lyon & others took on the kicking duties.

The problem we have is that the onus is always on DCE to get kicks away when we are in our own half and we need another 2 options who can do that so he is not always under the pump to get the kick away. We do look clunky in attack and I would like to see some more cohesion with the ball when we are attacking. Remember is early in the season and we are a long way from the finished article.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7