Thank god for the HIA

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Problem is atm, who do you recruit??

The hookers off contract are Berrell, Simpkin, Docker-Clay, Granville and Woolford.

Now sure it is easy to say, contracts mean little but who do you think we could realistically get out of their current club.

Dont see us getting a Grant, Robson, B Brailey, Egan, Mahoney and there club to agree to them coming to us.

Would live to tempt Mozer but Broncos would be that silly.

Mamazoulos just signed a 3 year deal but posdibly pending new coach. Or Cook but how long does he have left as an effective hooker.

Da Silva could be a shout stuck behind Api
We have a hooker - he just isn't getting selected - another club that will give him a run will snatch him away ...

I would drop Lawton for either Humphries or GCKT. Lawton has been very average the last fortnight and making to many simple errors. We also need to look to the future and fast track one of these 2 young hookers.
Maybe Seibold is bringing Lawton on too late in tight games? Lawton is thus trying too hard and is making mistakes. We all know he is a better player than that.

Similar things used to happen with Lewis Brown and he was castigated by forum members as a result.

There seemed to be a long interval between Croker’s initial head knock and his ultimate replacement. However he was already looking gassed before halftime.

Croker has gone unmentioned in the many times we've piled on points in the last few years, but when we lose he always gets blamed.

Strange phenomenon.
Yes but ... how many of the wins has he had a decisive part in ?....... with a more creative dummy half could we have won more ?.... and with a lesser defender we may have lost more .... I love Froggy but his use by date as starting 9 is over ... imho We have Gordy & Humphries both off contract at the end of 24, and Jersey Flegg hooker/captain Nicholas Lenaz.

Maybe Seibold is bringing Lawton on too late in tight games? Lawton is thus trying too hard and is making mistakes. We all know he is a better player than that.

Similar things used to happen with Lewis Brown and he was castigated by forum members as a result.

There seemed to be a long interval between Croker’s initial head knock and his ultimate replacement. However he was already looking gassed before halftime.
Lawton was only brought on once crocker was injured with about 20 to go i believe?
Surely he should have been on earlier to give crocker & spell & have the option to bring him back on late should we require his defence?!

Interesting that Jamie played NSW Cup yesterday but Gordon didn’t. I’m assuming Gordon was rested to prepare for next week’s NRL game.

One of them is another converted half and the other is about 4 foot tall.

Would I be right in saying that more than 50% of current day hooker forwards are former halfbacks?

And wasn’t Cameron Smith a former half? We might not like him for various reasons. However he was a very clever player.

Last edited:
So?

Would I be right in saying that more than 50% of current day hooker forwards are former halfbacks?

And wasn’t Cameron Smith a former half? We might not like him for various reasons. However he was a very clever player.

You are 1000% correct but would say at least 70% are former halves. The argument that croker is a converted half doesn’t wash with me. Not sure if it’s coaching but he just doesn’t run but when he does he is effective. Could be fatigue. He has a fair kicking game as well and should do it more often. There is a big advantage having a dummy half that can kick.

You are 1000% correct but would say at least 70% are former halves. The argument that croker is a converted half doesn’t wash with me. Not sure if it’s coaching but he just doesn’t run but when he does he is effective. Could be fatigue. He has a fair kicking game as well and should do it more often. There is a big advantage having a dummy half that can kick.
He did take off for a good run in the first half. I wish he would do it more often.

He did take off for a good run in the first half. I wish he would do it more often.
If only our 7 played with such control and discpline. We are unbalanced in the spine where we need a blend of control and instictive play. Unfortunately its not a balance for indivual players / positions where Croker is not creative at all and DCE too creative and instinctive most of the time Striking a balance would see the team improve.

If only our 7 played with such control and discpline. We are unbalanced in the spine where we need a blend of control and instictive play. Unfortunately its not a balance for indivual players / positions where Croker is not creative at all and DCE too creative and instinctive most of the time Striking a balance would see the team improve.
Stop doing rediculous headless chook plays and impossible passes to players shoulders from the #7 & #9 might help. We gave them 2 tries. Add in Turbo's no show in defence at the back which gave them another 2 tries. It was the senior players inability to control, manage and make decisions that cost us.

We need to buy a future bluechip hooker .
Tyson Smoothy or Blake Mozer ,get it done.

Last edited:
Don't we have Ennis there as the coach. Shouldn't he be having a say to Seibold on who he thinks should be playing hooker or who we should be targeting?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14