Curtis Sironen & Dean Whare to Manly??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sironen, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak & Tupou would round out or signings nicely. Forget all the rubbish signings like Winterstein, Wright, Cullen & other depth players, the key signings would be:

Ins vs Outs:
Daniel Tupou vs Jorge Taufua (upgrade) - spend $100k more
Curtis Sironen vs Tom Symonds (upgrade) - spend $50k less
Blake Green vs no-one (upgrade) - spend $350k more
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak vs Steve Matai (downgrade) - Spend $100k less
Shaun Lane vs Feleti Mateo (even) - spend $150k less
Akuila Uate vs Brayden Wiliame (to NSW CUP) (upgrade) - spend 100k more
Suaia Matagi vs Siosaia Vave (upgrade)

Total spend difference: $250k more

Brett Stewart ($700k) + Jamie Buhrer ($350k) + Jamie Lyon ($600k) + Tim Moltzen (120k) + Josh Starling ($100k) to make room for these extra signings.

That's about $2M to upgrade the Trbojevic's, buy some garbage, and make up the difference in my estimates.

ROSTER:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Daniel Tupou
03. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak OR Steve Matai
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fanua-Blake
11. Marty Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (c)

14. Lewis Brown OR Apisai Koroisou
15. Suaia Matagi
16. Nate Myles OR Brenton Lawrence
17. Shaun Lane OR Jamil Hopoate

18. Apisai Koroisou
19. Brenton Lawrence
20. Jamil Hopoate
21. Willis Meehan
22. Jonathan Wright
23. Matthew Wright
24. Brayden Wiliame
25. Frank Winterstein
26. Cameron Cullen
27. Pita Godinet
Agree if we get 02 and 03 you mention I think we will be ok, hate to say it but we will be better off without snake.

I thought Siro looked good a few years ago.. Never seemed to deliver on his potential and wraps he had coming thru the grades. It's a bit of a worry that at 23 he has not even put 3 consistently good games together. The kind of signing where the amount of the contract matters, as paying for potential at his age is dangerous as it could be a mental/attitude thing we can't fix that has stopped him progressing before this.

Dwz while a good player, doesn't really provide the grunt or the X factor wingers these days need to possess. He is merely solid and again seems to have more potential than actual.

Wrong kind of signings I believe. And the kind that get overs when there is better value elsewhere.

Wait and see if they come. Glad the Greg bird chat seems to have died down.

Well that took all the fun out of it.

1) Blue Pill, I have no opinion on him/her. Doesn't bother me.

2) Ferris, (a) Injuries. It is drawing a fairly long bow blaming the large injury toll to the wrong type of preseason training and conditioning. My limited knowledge of the science precludes me from having a definitive view. from the little knowledge I do possess I do know that nearly all the sports doctors, physio's and strength and conditioning staff exchange information and generally adhere to the best practise principals. A grey area would be the handling of specific chronic injuries to some players. If anyone with greater knowledge ( maybe @yokahontas ) can shed some light I would be interested in learning more.

(b) Conditioning. From early in the season, players such as Snake, Matai, Lyon, Tom, Jorge, DCE, Parcell, Lussick were all carrying injuries that inhibited training during the week, and were never going to attain peak condition. The number of reserve graders drafted in were also never going to be as match fit as regular Fg'ers.

I don't have any in-depth knowledge of how individual clubs are doing their conditioning, but you'd be pretty right in saying there are accepted industry standards/paradigms that would all be broadly similar across the clubs. The other thing is, we had a horrendous injury toll last year as well, so I don't think you can blame Dan Ferris (or Donny Singe, for that matter - we had good runs and bad runs with injury under him as well).

There are some injuries that are pretty clearly traceable back to training/overtraining - the torn pec/ bicep type injuries tend to happen when you train one muscle too much and it basically outgrows its 'partner' - so you flex the wrong way and tear it off the bone (can also be a dead giveaway that 'roids are in the mix, with that injury in particular). But impact injuries like broken bones, sprains/strains and ligaments that happen when someone falls awkwardly - they're just plain old bad luck.

This may explain why we're chasing him and have chased him in the past. Seems Bozo really rates him. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-says-bob-fulton/story-e6frexs9-1226636325071
That's a pretty glowing endorsement, based on that I'd say he'll be kitting up for us. Hopefully he'll live up to some of that praise Bozo has heaped on him. A ball playing second rower / lock would be a great addition to our squad. Haven't had a decent one since Gifty left.

Wow, Finally people waking up to Blue Pill. :)
Happy to read the posts no matter how opinionated and sometimes petty, if not bizarre, of real supporters.
Trolls just ruin the authenticity of the forum though I admit some are hilarious.
Here's to the off season.
PS. Looking forward to reading more dribble from passionate supporters unitil the 2017 season begins.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2