Curtis Sironen & Dean Whare to Manly??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"We trust Manly is doing their due diligence around Curtis Sironen before they consider making him an offer for next season.
While there is no doubt 'Sirro' is a quality player on his day, his loose ways have not endeared him to many at the Tigers.
The fact they may consider granting him a release just months after extending his contract says it all.
But the Sea Eagles are fast becoming the club of choice for those seeking redemption and a second shot, so Sironen will fit in nicely if he lobs at Brookie.
This Scott Penn parody Twitter account laughingly compares Sironen to former Manly back rower Nik Kosef, but it's not that far off the mark if the Tigers back-rower can get his act together after spending a large chunk of 2016 in the NSW Cup".

Not sure what to make of the statement above, however with all the players being linked to Manly for 2017 I'm kinda hoping this is one player we do get......along with Matagi!! Would be great to see players like Uate, Sironen, Lane get their acts into gear & really power on at Manly!

What if we could get Roach Jr, Sirro Jr and Pearce Jr all in the same team? We'd win the drinking comp at least.
Is luke brooks the son of David brooks?

Do Kevin Hardwick, Jamie Davidson, Kerry Hemsley et al have sons for manly? Is bozo a mad collector of sons? Moses is Benny's nephew.

From What's the buzz - Sunday Telegraph

SIRONEN SHOWN WESTS TIGERS DOOR
WESTS Tigers’ Curtis Sironen is on the lookout for a new club and is most likely to join Manly after falling out with coach Jason Taylor.

The 23-year-old backrower is extremely close to young Tigers halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks, who are not happy about the situation their mate finds himself in.

The three all attended the same school, Holy Cross College at Ryde.

One Wests Tigers insider told me: “If you thought Robbie Farah was treated badly, wait until Curtis tells his story.”

While Taylor did a solid job towards the end of the season to get Wests Tigers so close to the finals, his relationship with players is causing serious concern. His strongest supporter, chair Marina Go, no longer has any power on a board controlled by the five directors from majority shareholders Wests Ashfield. Interestingly, Go has left her job as an executive at Bauer Media.

From What's the buzz - Sunday Telegraph

SIRONEN SHOWN WESTS TIGERS DOOR
WESTS Tigers’ Curtis Sironen is on the lookout for a new club and is most likely to join Manly after falling out with coach Jason Taylor.

The 23-year-old backrower is extremely close to young Tigers halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks, who are not happy about the situation their mate finds himself in.

The three all attended the same school, Holy Cross College at Ryde.

One Wests Tigers insider told me: “If you thought Robbie Farah was treated badly, wait until Curtis tells his story.”

While Taylor did a solid job towards the end of the season to get Wests Tigers so close to the finals, his relationship with players is causing serious concern. His strongest supporter, chair Marina Go, no longer has any power on a board controlled by the five directors from majority shareholders Wests Ashfield. Interestingly, Go has left her job as an executive at Bauer Media.
Good buy. Has plenty of potential and we are need of backrowers.

Curtis Sironen will be a good yet rather unexpected buy. Seems quite tough and has ball playing skills. Played halfback and lock I believe but should fit in at second row. Physically tougher than Buhrer, mentally, well very few are mentally tougher than Buhrer so no.

He's one of those players that gives off a vibe that he may have some potential to play a big part in our side of the future but will have to develop plenty. He can play a unique style in the 12, somewhat like Watmough and Glenn Stewart. It's just whether he can develop well alongside this quality forward pack we've got going.

Worth giving this a shot

Good buy. Has plenty of potential and we are need of backrowers.
Yes these are the types of signings I really like. Kids with ability with careers ahead of them - don't cost too much cause they're not established yet..And if they come on and fulfill their potential ure a great chance of keeping them cause u gave them the opportunity. More of this, less of the other thanks Eagles recruitment.

Both Sirro and Lane have showed glimpses of being very good first grade players so if we can get 1 of them to step up that would be great. Hoppa jnr and Bainbridge will also be adding competition for that backrowers spot

Sironen, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak & Tupou would round out or signings nicely. Forget all the rubbish signings like Winterstein, Wright, Cullen & other depth players, the key signings would be:

Ins vs Outs:
Daniel Tupou vs Jorge Taufua (upgrade) - spend $100k more
Curtis Sironen vs Tom Symonds (upgrade) - spend $50k less
Blake Green vs no-one (upgrade) - spend $350k more
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak vs Steve Matai (downgrade) - Spend $100k less
Shaun Lane vs Feleti Mateo (even) - spend $150k less
Akuila Uate vs Brayden Wiliame (to NSW CUP) (upgrade) - spend 100k more
Suaia Matagi vs Siosaia Vave (upgrade)

Total spend difference: $250k more

Brett Stewart ($700k) + Jamie Buhrer ($350k) + Jamie Lyon ($600k) + Tim Moltzen (120k) + Josh Starling ($100k) to make room for these extra signings.

That's about $2M to upgrade the Trbojevic's, buy some garbage, and make up the difference in my estimates.

ROSTER:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Daniel Tupou
03. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak OR Steve Matai
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fanua-Blake
11. Marty Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (c)

14. Lewis Brown OR Apisai Koroisou
15. Suaia Matagi
16. Nate Myles OR Brenton Lawrence
17. Shaun Lane OR Jamil Hopoate

18. Apisai Koroisou
19. Brenton Lawrence
20. Jamil Hopoate
21. Willis Meehan
22. Jonathan Wright
23. Matthew Wright
24. Brayden Wiliame
25. Frank Winterstein
26. Cameron Cullen
27. Pita Godinet

Both Sirro and Lane have showed glimpses of being very good first grade players so if we can get 1 of them to step up that would be great. Hoppa jnr and Bainbridge will also be adding competition for that backrowers spot

Barrett said Bainbridge is a few years away last season in the post game video after he made his debut.

Sironen, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak & Tupou would round out or signings nicely. Forget all the rubbish signings like Winterstein, Wright, Cullen & other depth players, the key signings would be:

Ins vs Outs:

Brett Stewart ($700k) + Jamie Buhrer ($350k) + Jamie Lyon ($600k) + Tim Moltzen (120k) + Josh Starling ($100k) to make room for these extra signings.

That's about $2M to upgrade the Trbojevic's, buy some garbage, and make up the difference in my estimates.

ROSTER:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Daniel Tupou
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fanua-Blake
11. Marty Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (c)

15. Suaia Matagi

18. Apisai Koroisou
19. Brenton Lawrence
20. Jamil Hopoate
21. Willis Meehan
22. Jonathan Wright
23. Matthew Wright
24. Brayden Wiliame
25. Frank Winterstein
26. Cameron Cullen
27. Pita Godinet
How is buying DWZ a downgrade?

How is buying DWZ a downgrade?

Because he isn't Steve Matai, who played 100% until the day he couldn't play anyone. He doesn't have Matai's leadership, intimidation, experience, technique, chemistry with Taufua / our backrowers, grit, dummy half presence etc etc etc.

DWZ is a different type of player with a whole of potential, but he sure as hell ain't no Steve Matai - not by any stretch of the imagination just yet.

Ins vs Outs:

ROSTER:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Daniel Tupou
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fanua-Blake
11. Marty Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (c)

15. Suaia Matagi

18. Apisai Koroisou
19. Brenton Lawrence
20. Jamil Hopoate
21. Willis Meehan
22. Jonathan Wright
23. Matthew Wright
24. Brayden Wiliame
25. Frank Winterstein
26. Cameron Cullen
27. Pita Godinet
Snake, Skivvi and Horhay are under contract for next year. So unless we get some miracle medical retirement for one or all of them then we will be paying their salaries next year. Unless we can get someone to take them off our hands (unlikely with Brett and Stevie) but even if we do we will still be paying part of their salaries. So they aren't making cap space for anyone.

Ins vs Outs:

ROSTER:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Daniel Tupou
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fanua-Blake
11. Marty Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (c)

15. Suaia Matagi

18. Apisai Koroisou
19. Brenton Lawrence
20. Jamil Hopoate
21. Willis Meehan
22. Jonathan Wright
23. Matthew Wright
24. Brayden Wiliame
25. Frank Winterstein
26. Cameron Cullen
27. Pita Godinet
That's a very good squad - I really hope we sort out Matagi too...Some hard running venom off the bench would be great. I just don't see many minutes in AFB though no matter how fit he gets. I'd be inclined to use him as a Kasiano type impact bloke off the bench. Get quality out of him rather than quantity.

That's a very good squad - I really hope we sort out Matagi too...Some hard running venom off the bench would be great. I just don't see many minutes in AFB though no matter how fit he gets. I'd be inclined to use him as a Kasiano type impact bloke off the bench. Get quality out of him rather than quantity.

Dan Ferris will whip him into shape. Well, the below IS a shape right?
latest

Because he isn't Steve Matai, who played 100% until the day he couldn't play anyone. He doesn't have Matai's leadership, intimidation, experience, technique, chemistry with Taufua / our backrowers, grit, dummy half presence etc etc etc.

DWZ is a different type of player with a whole of potential, but he sure as hell ain't no Steve Matai - not by any stretch of the imagination just yet.
DWZ is 11 years younger, a lot faster. At this point in time DWZ is an upgrade.

I tend to agree. Would be a miracle but Ben Matelino in that starting front row and AFB off the bench would make a huge difference.

Don't see DWZ as a center - but he could possibly turn into one?? Such an important defensive position. Still rather Whare, one of the best defensive centers going around.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8