Could it be true?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can see your point but he also has been a match winner for all the clubs he has played . He has improved from his earlier indiscretions as he is maturing

He may have been a match winner at times Boze, but not a premiership player. There is a very good reason for that. ‘The whole is greater than the sum of its parts’ sums up players like Roberts and Walker. Through all their elite talent, they bring their clubs to their knees when it most matters.

He may have been a match winner at times Boze, but not a premiership player. There is a very good reason for that. ‘The whole is greater than the sum of its parts’ sums up players like Roberts and Walker. Through all their elite talent, they bring their clubs to their knees when it most matters.

Players like Steve Rogers also did not win a premiership and he was one of the best centres in the game .

I would be thrilled to have Walker and the Jet firing up our back line .

I have very mixed feelings about Roberts. No question he has outstanding speed, and those questioning his defence surprise me. I was looking at his missed tackle rate last year comparing to our blokes and he was consistently missing very few tackles. But what worries me about him is attitude, consistency and team compatibility. Not sure there. Gutherson isn't as fast, but he makes things happen himself and is an outstanding playing at setting up other players. Defence is pretty good. And he's very much a team player. I'd have him before Roberts in my centres.

I have very mixed feelings about Roberts. No question he has outstanding speed, and those questioning his defence surprise me. I was looking at his missed tackle rate last year comparing to our blokes and he was consistently missing very few tackles. But what worries me about him is attitude, consistency and team compatibility. Not sure there. Gutherson isn't as fast, but he makes things happen himself and is an outstanding playing at setting up other players. Defence is pretty good. And he's very much a team player. I'd have him before Roberts in my centres.

Roberts doesn’t miss that many tackles because he doesn’t get close enough to miss them

Discussions like this are heathy so I pose the question of our future. We have quite a few awesome youngsters worthy of 1st grade in next 2 years, but where do we put them, ie Cust, Hoppa, Schuster, Ben T, Metcalf, Mitski. We already have TT, DCE? Could it be we have fill in players awaiting the arrival of these players?

It is a dilemma, nice one to have, put I fear the worst as other clubs will poach.

I’d probably take Roberts for the rest of the year if the Broncs paid most of his salary and see if we can turn him around, but I wouldn’t have high hopes and I’m not particularly fussed either way.

I’d put Roberts is in the same category as Michael Jennings. Both fast players but lazy ones who don’t get involved enough.

If it’s a case of Roberts v Walker, I’d rather a Walker. Better the devil you know. He has speed to burn and can set up his outside men as well.

Roberts always seems to find trouble....nothing major but there’s usually alcohol involved and he doesn’t seem to learn his lesson.

He can find his way at another club.....I’d rather sign the young ones up instead.

I’d put Roberts is in the same category as Michael Jennings. Both fast players but lazy ones who don’t get involved enough.

If it’s a case of Roberts v Walker, I’d rather a Walker. Better the devil you know. He has speed to burn and can set up his outside men as well.

Roberts always seems to find trouble....nothing major but there’s usually alcohol involved and he doesn’t seem to learn his lesson.

He can find his way at another club.....I’d rather sign the young ones up instead.

Neither were as lazy as the Hayne plane

Roberts doesn’t miss that many tackles because he doesn’t get close enough to miss them

MM I'm almost not going to answer to that one. I suggest you look at last years tackling. He tackled just as many if not more than our players but missed less. But I'll leave that to you to check up. I remember being surprised at how effective he was. But again that doesn't mean I would want him at Manly.

All the players looked lazy last year and now they’re world beaters. Imagine what that type of guidance and coaching does to SOO grade player. What if he gets even better?

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
MM I'm almost not going to answer to that one. I suggest you look at last years tackling. He tackled just as many if not more than our players but missed less. But I'll leave that to you to check up. I remember being surprised at how effective he was. But again that doesn't mean I would want him at Manly.

Its not really fair comparing him to players defending under a Barrett defensive structure though is it? They weren’t missing tackles because they were even further away than where Roberts would’ve been!!

Those saying no to Roberts must remember that the quality of a player also depends on the quality of coach. Roberts and Seibold obviously don't gel. If Des were to get a hold of him you'd see a very different player just like most of our squad are compared to last year

Those saying no to Roberts must remember that the quality of a player also depends on the quality of coach. Roberts and Seibold obviously don't gel. If Des were to get a hold of him you'd see a very different player just like most of our squad are compared to last year
There is only a handful of coaches that coach the player and team. Sooky Seibold is not in that handful so Roberts would improve dramatically, especially his defence under Des. In saying that, we should save our coin.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8