Cartwright Goooorne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Cartwright Goooorne - 4pm Presser

Hope it's this week and not next. Hate it when Manly plays against a team in their first game with a new coach.

BOZO said:
who will take over ?

Probably that guy that the Cows sacked last year, Henry.

87/191 win ratio and still 2 years left on a huge Contract that they now have to pay out :cool:

Also reported that Michael Searle has resigned from the board. About time too......

Normie said:
Also reported that Michael Searle has resigned from the board. About time too......
The only Crisis that we hear is only at the Sea eagles LOL :p

Feel a bit sorry for Carty, he tried hard but they just didn't have the cattle to compete!!

Yes you can bet Neil Henry to take over

Reports are that Carty stepped down, so therefore no payout???

Apparently he has been there since 2007 :huh:

They must have been waiting for the coaching caper to 'take' - and it didn't :)

This is yet another example of the RICKY RULE.
You fail to produce, get sacked, and still get two years salary.
Then you get an even higher paid job at a place who sacked their last coach for failure.
No wonder everyone wants to be an NRL coach.

Normie said:

This is the real cancer that should've been cut after he sttiffed all the tradies and sent businesses broke building that white elephant excellence piece of crap joint next door.

Cartwright has done his best with what he's got.
I don't reckon Henry will touch it without guarantees of a buying spree.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Feel a bit sorry for Carty, he tried hard but they just didn't have the cattle to compete!!

Yes you can bet Neil Henry to take over

State of Origin/test players Bird, Myles, Taylor, Harrison. Then some handy backs in Mead, Gordon Seizer, Kelly etc. I think they 'had the cattle' but injuries and the Gold Coast culture were more the problem.

The problem is how often are the likes of Bird, Myles, Tayler, Harrison, Mead, Gordon, Kelly etc all on the park at the same time for the Titans? If players aren't out because they're playing Origin, others are out either through injury or suspension.

I honestly don't think Cartwright is as bad a coach as he's been portrayed. But as per normal, when a team, talented or not, under performs its the coach that is the first to go.

I don't think Carty is a terrible coach, but he is not a fabulous coach either. The problem was keeping him around for too long. No coach should hang around for 8 years without a premiership or at the very least a couple of GF appearances.

Bird and Myles are good origin players, but they turn it up at club level quite a bit, and Dave Taylor is ordinary. Outside of that, Mead, Gordon, Zillman, Kelly, and co. are decent first grade footballers, but they're not out and out stars. I think they had average playing ranks most of the time, and why they ever let Travis Friend leave is beyond me....I think they thought Srama was going to be something haha.

http://www.nrl.com/cartwright-quits-as-titans-coach/tabid/10874/newsid/80780/default.aspx
A "numb" and downcast Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright has quit his post with two years left to run on his contract, with the Titans' clash against the Roosters on Monday night set to be his last in charge.

At a press conference on Tuesday afternoon Titans CEO Graham Annesley announced the resignation of Cartwright and also that of former CEO Michael Searle from the Gold Coast board.

Annesley said assistant Neil Henry would become the interim coach from Round 23, with the selection process for a new coach from 2015 to start immediately.

Annesley said that process was not expected to take long - suggesting either Henry or another candidate were already firmly in the frame.

In his eighth season at the helm of the Titans, Cartwright steered the team to the semi-finals in 2009 and the following year guided them to the grand final qualifier, where they were defeated by the Roosters.

Titans playing the Rorters this week - Do It For Carty :idea: :D

Interesting that the former CEO and Coach quitting a Club, is not deemed to be a crisis by the DT :huh:

You can bet they were both told that if they both leave on their own terms this week they won't be sacked next week. The Titans operation is under an external review at the moment, bought on by the major steak holders.
Carty and Searle didn't just quit for giggles, the writing was on the wall.

#crisis

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8