Cartwright Goooorne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There is no real sense of identity with the Giants and Titans. I don't get why they don't go all out with incorporating with the Burleigh Bears.

Someone with history and local presence.

The AFL hired the highest profile Player in the game, Ablett, so the locals naturally felt validated.

The falling out between Carty and Prince was also polarizing for the Fans.

I am really worried about the competition next year, as having a quarter of the Teams playing as easybeats will be detrimental :s

But, its still 2014 and we have to skin some rabbits :)

HoldenV8 said:
@HappilyManly is right, a lot (not all) of Gold Coast residents are retirees from around the country. And most of them would still support whatever team they have done for most of their lives before they even thought about retiring there. A life long Manly or Collingwood fan isn't suddenly going to become a Titans or Suns fan just because they live there. They may go to the odd game, but mostly will only attend games involving their club, and the way both the NRL and AFL are with so many teams playing, teams like Manly and Collingwood might only play there once every two or three years. Not good for bringing more people through the gates. Its a lot different to having a start-up team somewhere like Brisbane or Newcastle where the fans got behind their team f

The Gold Coast is not so full of retired people. It is a myth.
From 2006 to 2011, Gold Coast City's population increased by 60,618 people (14.0%). This represents an average annual population change of 2.65% per year over the period.

The largest changes in the age structure in this area between 2006 and 2011 were in the age groups:

Parents and homebuilders (35 to 49) (+12,306 people)
Empty nesters and retirees (60 to 69) (+10,741 people)
Young workforce (25 to 34) (+8,637 people)
Tertiary education and independence (18 to 24) (+5,753 people)

The hype of a Gold coast team has ended and now the reality has been setting in.

There performance over the last few years has been poor and that will take its toll.

QLD traditionally loves its NRL so its surprising they have done poorly in crowd numbers.

Eagles2nv said:
The hype of a Gold coast team has ended and now the reality has been setting in.

There performance over the last few years has been poor and that will take its toll.

QLD traditionally loves its NRL so its surprising they have done poorly in crowd numbers.

Well, if you look @Snake's post (on the previous page) showing the steady decline, it's not surprising at all.

They started very healthy, and dwindled away year by year as the losses grew, and the fickle fans gave up.

It coincided with the launch of AFL's GC Suns and there'd be a chunk of the "swinging sport fan" that would've defected there, too.

I still say, if the Titans were winning more games now they'd have better crowds.
If they made the finals a few years in a row, that's how you generate passion and loyalty for your brand.

Success breeds belief and longterm support.

manlyfan76 said:
wombatgc said:
dowdz said:
Paul Kent reckons cap abusers are behind Cartwrights demise.

Not usually a fan of Kents, but he's spot on here.

"I believe some clubs are cheating the cap."

We all know it. And Kent comes up with at least some measures to stop (or at least curb) the farcical accounting tricks that are being used.
They (the Titans) were hamstrung by Searle, and his egotistical blinkered actions in the past. Another example of what happens when one person has the final say on money matters (eg Tinkler). As much as a board will fight and thrash (Manly win this one), it keeps massive ego's in check, and does its best to keep accountability.
I believe the Titans can be a force with Searle gone. The sponsors will come, and soon enough the new coach will be able to buy up like the rest.

Their major sponsor left last week. iSelect.

Yep. I'm getting my info from a cashed up member at the Titans. He was doing backflips when Searle pulled the pin. He has huge respect for Annesley, and believes he is the guy that will bring top shelf sponsorship, using his former political nouse to do this. The Titans need to work out a better deal with stadium costs, and also the catering rort they have been locked into . For some reason the coast likes handing out five-year contracts to coaches, players, rorting caterers, and then be bent over by the qld state govt for massive stadium coasts.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6