Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Zorba says a lot of garbage but he never actually said that. It got spun a little to suit aganedas. His comment was on fans speculating on signings or player positions or something like that - that their thoughts on where Walker should play is irrelevant, which they ultimately are. God help us if they are never not or @Mark from Brisbane would have had Leary as captain/coach @:D

Is Nate Myles and Lewis Brown just some spin/agenda as well ?:)

There have been some good signings i will agree but some poor signings which cancel out the good signings.

By the time the team builds culture/chemistry/bonds/combinations + baz learning to coach, then you have Bozo and his agenda , there will be another 3 clean outs with Nate Myles and Lewis Brown left as the nucleus of the side.

There is many reasons for fans disconnecting from the brand

Last edited:
DCE was easily shut down this year, one because he didn't have a foil at 5/8th until killer wore the no6, and two our pack didn't have the go forward to provide a bit of space.

Myles and Brown are dud buys even though Brown played the majority of games but we didn't need to buy him because Buhrer could have filled in at hooker, centre or second row and I believe Buhrer is a much better footballer than Brown.

The money used for Brown should have been targeted to a go after a better prop.

I think I saw a guy who looked like Jamie driving around in a Brookvale Mazda car the other day. I think from his Instagram he was at Woolgoolga on holidays

Turned up for 2008, played maybe 2 games and then left with the clubs blessing.

Have a premiership scarf that has all the players names on it that featured in our 2008 campaign....except for Vaileki!
I got a pic with the team at the 2008 season launch and he's in it. Can't say that cutting him loose hurt us too much that year...

I'll be extremely disappointed if Jamie is not with Manly next year. He's been one of the better players this season and was in line for the Manly captaincy next season. How could he fall out of favour so quickly?

It would be interesting to see how many players are still left from the list Bozo compiled before this season that were not in Manly's future plans.

I think I saw a guy who looked like Jamie driving around in a Brookvale Mazda car the other day. I think from his Instagram he was at Woolgoolga on holidays
He's been poached by the seahorses, after being most impressed with curryfest.

the only thing i can think of is Manly are preparing to extend his contract in advance. maybe he was instructed by his manager to test the market by talking to Newcastle to determine his market value.

This would help him negotiate a new deal with Manly.

I got a pic with the team at the 2008 season launch and he's in it. Can't say that cutting him loose hurt us too much that year...

Not 100%, but I think his name is on the back of the Premiers t-shirts. First print run also had Steve Matai's name spelled wrong (two Ts in Matai I think).

Manly are reportedly ready to swoop on the troubled Greg Bird who is under investigation by the NRL Integrity Unit for two of off-field incidents.
Bird is on the nose of Titans supremos after several off-field misdemeanours throughout his seven seasons on the glitter strip.

Bird’s signing on the Northern Beaches would likely come at the expense of Manly veteran Jamie Buhrer.

Bird, 32, was on his last warning before this month’s incidents that involved him being asked to leave and refused service at a Byron Bay night spot.

Buhrer is reportedly in the sights of cellar dwellers Newcastle.

Buhrer, 26, was one of Manly’s best in 2016 after battling injuries the past few seasons.

Buhrer was part of the Sea Eagles’ 2011 premiership-winning team.

If this happens I'll be pretty angry with our recruitment strategy. Look I like Bird as a player and I'd like him at Manly but they are moving Buhrer on for him. Buhrer is a 26 year old clean player who is in his prime. Bird is 32 years old and his off field stuff is just sad, but Bird can kick goals very well and is a ball playing backrower who hits hard in deface but surely Buhrer is a better option.

Peters as well

Why sign a 32 year old has been ****witt and release Bhurer?
Absolutely got me beat mate. Bozo must have switched his meds. It makes me cringe because the way we've treated our own over the last few years (Toovey, Stewart, Buhrer, Gutherson, Hiku to name a few) may come back to bite us when we go to resign the Trbojevic brothers. If you saw all this crap going on would you resign? I wouldnt. Manly will reap what they sow.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11