Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
As far as I'm aware Ferris is contracted till the end of next season. If he goes then it has to be agreed to by him as well. I know it's not easy to stay somewhere you feel unwanted, but he has the right to stand his ground if he really wants to.

Just to play devils advocate for a second - Buhrer has had two knee reconstructions in three years along with a number of injuries from getting steamrolled (which credit to him is from putting his body on the line defensively). Manly has been pretty good of late at recognising when our injury prone guys haven't got a lot left. Maybe this is another case of that? Dunno.

Just to play devils advocate for a second - Buhrer has had two knee reconstructions in three years along with a number of injuries from getting steamrolled (which credit to him is from putting his body on the line defensively). Manly has been pretty good of late at recognising when our injury prone guys haven't got a lot left. Maybe this is another case of that? Dunno.
That's a fair point,i know they played different positions,but using that theory,should they of got rid of Brett Stewart in 2010?

He has a year left on his contract, loves the club, tries his guts out, and was one of our best when he returned this year.
I'm really over it with this one.
I hated, hated, hated them sacking Tooves but at least I could see that it was some insane political agenda that he was never going to win.
I was very sad to see Matty B go, especially when they'd signed him to an extension only moments before but again, I could see that he was a Tooves man .... new broom etc.
I was astonished at them letting Gutho go, a local boy with massive potential who had just been trotted out with the Turbos as a big three resigning. And don't give me that BS about he wanted to play fullback, he was standing beside Tommy T for the announcement ffs.
I was completely perplexed at them dismissing Hiku after so much work had gone into making him the great, young utility he was, and don't tell me about the season ending injury, they couldn't have seen it.

The culmination of all of these with the letting go of Jamie Buhrer is that I'm done.
See you again when we have new owners.

He has a year left on his contract, loves the club, tries his guts out, and was one of our best when he returned this year.
I hated, hated, hated them sacking Tooves but at least I could see that it was some insane political agenda that he was never going to win.
I was very sad to see Matty B go, especially when they'd signed him to an extension only moments before but again, I could see that he was a Tooves man .... new broom etc.
I was astonished at them letting Gutho go, a local boy with massive potential who had just been trotted out with the Turbos as a big three resigning. And don't give me that BS about he wanted to play fullback, he was standing beside Tommy T for the announcement ffs.
I was completely perplexed at them dismissing Hiku after so much work had gone into making him the great, young utility he was, and don't tell me about the season ending injury, they couldn't have seen it.

The culmination of all of these with the letting go of Jamie Buhrer is that I'm done.
Most of those guys you mentioned were let go to fit in Walker and big Marty. Sorry but you make those moves every day of the week of your concerned with getting better. Did everything come off as planned? No but I'd rather they try and improve the team than remain static.

Face it - same moves and we had a winning season all the whingers here would be very quiet.

Stick with us at least!!

I hope Jamie stays but if he goes so be it. He is a solid consistent player who gives away the odd penalty, but, he is not the player we look to to lift when our forwards are being pumped, he isn't the guy that will produce the match winning play. He is a no nonsense player which every team needs, but there are plenty of others out there. I hope he stays but I understand it's not the end of the world if he doesn't.

As far as I'm aware Ferris is contracted till the end of next season. If he goes then it has to be agreed to by him as well. I know it's not easy to stay somewhere you feel unwanted, but he has the right to stand his ground if he really wants to.
They are basically forcing him to go, believe they have said to him "If you stay you'll be playing for Blacktown" or something along those lines.

There is only one person that should be shipped off to make way for Bird...Bozo
How 'bout both of 'em?

What we have 'ere folks, is a phenomenon known as "SHOTGUN RECRUITING".
Unlike Cronulla, who targeted the positions that they wanted to fill (9, 6 and1), Fulton's approach seems to be grab fourteen or so discards at random each year and hope that one or two work out. Then, do the same next year...

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12