Broncos want active supporters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

smirny

The Broncos want to inject life into their "comatose" supporters and have called on them to take up the chant to make Suncorp Stadium a fortress.

I firmly believe all clubs should be doing this type of thing. It would create a much better atmosphere, result in higher crowds and make fans feel more connected with their club. Who is interested in doing this for Manly?

And yes I know the MWTS does things for away games but I'm talking about home games.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/brisbane-broncos-plead-with-fans-to-fire-up/story-e6frf3ou-1226767028401

It's funny...at Brookie, the fans spark up great chants, but they die off in seconds....in the UK soccer, the chants go for minutes

It would be good if we had a specific membership for that kind of stuff. I suppose it would be easier at grounds that are all seaters.

I hate how the chants and crowd in general die off when the team is under pressure, or behind on the score board. Isn't that when the team needs it the most??

mozgrame said:
I hate how the chants and crowd in general die off when the team is under pressure, or behind on the score board. Isn't that when the team needs it the most??

In soccer, that's when they chant even louder.

Anyone who was at the GF would know Manly has the most vocal chanting supporters of all. At 18-8 the Maaaannnnlly chant was spine tingling just a pity it didn't get us home.

smirny said:
mozgrame said:

In soccer, that's when they chant even louder.

Yep. That's about the only thing I like about soccer. Their fans are die hard passionate.

I think their supporters should stick with their classic rally towel experiment, that way the opposition fans will not be able to chant because they will be laughing at them too much

MissKate said:
I think their supporters should stick with their classic rally towel experiment, that way the opposition fans will not be able to chant because they will be laughing at them too much

That was a classic wasn't it lol. :)

You have to give the Broncos their due, after all the success they had with the swirling face washers against Manly at Suncorp last year, this too will be hilarious for Opposition Fans :D

HappilyManly said:
You have to give the Broncos their due, after all the success they had with the swirling face washers against Manly at Suncorp last year, this too will be hilarious for Opposition Fans :D

The towel waving issue both saddens and delites me.

Saddens as it is such a big part of the canucks (vancouver canucks ice hockey) dna and history (screw you refs and black hawks)....

but it delights me that it hasn't been successfully stolen.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp8XOv3gOtk[/video]

edit: Prob a better vid and only 19 seconds for you adhd peeps.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSlbfueKikM[/video]

With the Barmy army, Fanatics or the supporters in the Cove they have a couple of fanatics spurring on the other fans with chants songs etc its organised chaos but they keep everyone going. Maybe that's what we need.

we've been trying this for the past 4 years. If you hear the drum at Brookie games, that's me. You just need to join us at the 40 m line, Northern end to see what we are trying to do.

As stated before by someone, though we make noise, it dies off pretty quickly because Manly fans/Rugby League fans are fickle with this sort of stuff.

Jono said:
we've been trying this for the past 4 years. If you hear the drum at Brookie games, that's me. You just need to join us at the 40 m line, Northern end to see what we are trying to do.

As stated before by someone, though we make noise, it dies off pretty quickly because Manly fans/Rugby League fans are fickle with this sort of stuff.
Not when I'm on the hill after a few hours on the turps Jono :)

Active supporters? Who wants to do exercise at the footy?

Dan said:
Active supporters? Who wants to do exercise at the footy?
When I read the thread title I thought it was about some kind of boot camp for unfit Broncos fans.

globaleagle said:
The towel waving issue both saddens and delites me.

Saddens as it is such a big part of the canucks (vancouver canucks ice hockey) dna and history (screw you refs and black hawks)....

but it delights me that it hasn't been successfully stolen.
GE my kids and I have canucks hoodies, from good old ebay. Eldest likes ice hockey and is totally obsessed with Orcas so decided to follow that team. Cool logo and colours.

mozgrame said:
Absolutely agree. Maybe this is something Manly fans can start. Cheer/chant for our team just as loudly when we're behind. Might just be the spark they need to get them across the line.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8