Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[QU

I found this astounding...
Toovey on NRL360 about what contracts mean:

"What about (a contracted player) comes to the club and says, 'Look I want out of the club otherwise I won't perform well"

Must be my naivety to be surprised this could actually happen, but I can't imagine Toovey plucking this hypothetical out of thin air for no reason, it must have happened (or be happening) at Manly. Hopefully it was just a reference to Watmough but it is a rather damning allegation. Watmough however did continue to play hard all year despite that arm injury, so hopefully it was just an empty threat said in the heat of the moment.

It was probably said after the season when Watmough wanted the release hopefully it isn't a current player.

Thats what you have the little bloke with the water bottle running around on the field is for.
Do you think he's delivering water? Toovey was good at it - perhaps he will be again.
Are you kidding , the guys out on the field are responsible for there own
actions , you can't make excuses for them..... And there actions to date have us currently sitting dead fu$ken last.......ATTITUDE is one of many issues at the moment.......

Are you kidding , the guys out on the field are responsible for there own
actions , you can't make excuses for them..... And there actions to date have us currently sitting dead fu$ken last.......ATTITUDE is one of many issues at the moment.......
And I thought it was the coach / managers job to motivate his team. Bring them together, Instil pride and create a bond. Create the culture a form the game plans. Adjust the plans when things change.

I didn't realise this was snakes job.
He needs a rocket then.

Do we need a coach. What does he do.

These guys aren't school kids, the coach doesn't spoon feed them everything. A guy that's played for Manly for 10 years doesn't need the coach to take him aside and tell him the score...he is 30 years old, a grown man, and he is being paid 600k a season to be motivated. When I go to work, I don't need the manager to come and rev me up, I read between the lines like a normal human being...the job has to be done, and you do it well.

Snake has no idea how to rebuild the culture and he is a senior player that's a worry.
Got beaver on fox saying they need some more passion wtf is going on?
As a senior player he should be involved in setting the culture and passing it on 2 the young players coming through.
Snake wants to rebuild and knows how. Its probably just that the main element of his rebuild stategy he cant say on television. Its " No Toovey "

I agree with your sentiment. It would be uplifting to hear one of our senior boys speak like this.
I'm not going to join in the Snake hate that's been going on here lately. Our fans seem to be like the team are reported to be. There's the DCE camp and the Snake crew. It's weird for me as I'm in both.
If I was a player who'd busted his gut for our team and read some of the criticism and negativity on this forum I might want to leave Manly too. Many of us are not being loyal to our players at all during this tough time but we expect them to be.

Hey @niccipops....! I do not hate anyone at all........not my style, I may dislike some people... a lot, but I am not a hater...! I really, really dislike every other team besides the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles for instance. :)

As far as Snake goes, I am just disappointed with his attitude at the moment, I have had such a respect for Brett for so long and to hear how he speaks about his team at present feels like a bit of a kick in the guts. It would show great character for him to step up and speak out in interviews in obvious support of the team he has been at for a number of years.

We have been there all through his career and supported him and stood up for him and cheered him on. Is it too much to ask for some love from him? I don't think so and whilst I appreciate what he has given to our club, the club including the fans have giving so very much to him as well.

Some of his performances in some recent games have been less than good, I have seen the lacklustre attempts he has made to get to the ball or defend etc, this hurts because I know he is capable. And as a passionate supporter...I take this personally....!!

I do think things will improve but IMO we need some of the seniors to really have a good look at themselves and shape up or shift out. We also need our management to manage the players effectively and identify what is going on and sort it out quick smart, whatever that means.....but do it for the better of the club and not for self serving motives. Attitude is incredibly important in any sport and it is something that is in the building blocks of success.

Go the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles......!! :)

Furthermore, the culture will come back, the crowds will come back when MWSE START WINNING. Thats what it is : " A culture of Winning "

And the sooner we find that new high quality coach, the sooner that will be Toovey could step down for the good of his club BUT WHO SHOULD REPLACE HIM ? It aint gonna be until next year . . . .

These guys aren't school kids, the coach doesn't spoon feed them everything. A guy that's played for Manly for 10 years doesn't need the coach to take him aside and tell him the score...he is 30 years old, a grown man, and he is being paid 600k a season to be motivated. When I go to work, I don't need the manager to come and rev me up, I read between the lines like a normal human being...the job has to be done, and you do it well.
Well obviously you don't need a boss. Start your own company and see how you go. People always need motivating and nuturing. Otherwise you end up with a bunch of prima donas who coast along thinking they know it all. Sound familiar. That's what happens when you have poor leadership and a lack of direction.

Fa
Hey @niccipops....! I do not hate anyone at all........not my style, I may dislike some people... a lot, but I am not a hater...! I really, really dislike every other team besides the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles for instance. :)

As far as Snake goes, I am just disappointed with his attitude at the moment, I have had such a respect for Brett for so long and to hear how he speaks about his team at present feels like a bit of a kick in the guts. It would show great character for him to step up and speak out in interviews in obvious support of the team he has been at for a number of years.

We have been there all through his career and supported him and stood up for him and cheered him on. Is it too much to ask for some love from him? I don't think so and whilst I appreciate what he has given to our club, the club including the fans have giving so very much to him as well.

Some of his performances in some recent games have been less than good, I have seen the lacklustre attempts he has made to get to the ball or defend etc, this hurts because I know he is capable. And as a passionate supporter...I take this personally....!!

I do think things will improve but IMO we need some of the seniors to really have a good look at themselves and shape up or shift out. We also need our management to manage the players effectively and identify what is going on and sort it out quick smart, whatever that means.....but do it for the better of the club and not for self serving motives. Attitude is incredibly important in any sport and it is something that is in the building blocks of success.

Go the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles......!! :)
Fair enough Eagleheart. Thanks for the explanation.

Very disappointing, and sadly not surprising, to see Snake publicly put the case that DCE shouldn't back out of the Titan's contract - as is DCE's right if he chose. Why say that?

Gives the appearance that Snake is no longer motivated to be a team player, a humble cog, and is instead motivated by politics and dramas.

Very disappointing in all this not 1 person (other than Tooves) has said they would like DCE to stay.
All these other people from other clubs are having their say and none of our players are saying anything in support.

No wonder they look like 13 individuals on the field.

Both Tommy Symonds and Jamie Buhrer have spoken out in support of DCE. I saw Peta Hiku say on the weekend he was excited to hear he might be staying.
If Snake said he should honour his Titans contract ( I didn't see the Wielder interview) that is sooo disappointing.

You would think , a team would love to stick together.This is just another hint that we are in trouble...

I love DCE , though i think he needs to go , if alot of the guys dont want him around and at the moment his playing with commitment & a trying attitude...

I cant believe what im seeing & hearing regarding the blokes on this team...

Foran ( money driven ) is worse but seems to be the golden boy within most team mates...

Good luck DCE , you deserve better than this.... Lets see when DCE is gone next year how many tries & heroics Snake will be able to do ?? thats if his on the field...

600K per year for an aged , injured & huge ego....... well over paid !!!

You would think , a team would love to stick together.This is just another hint that we are in trouble...

I love DCE , though i think he needs to go , if alot of the guys dont want him around and at the moment his playing with commitment & a trying attitude...

I cant believe what im seeing & hearing regarding the blokes on this team...

Foran ( money driven ) is worse but seems to be the golden boy within most team mates...

Good luck DCE , you deserve better than this.... Lets see when DCE is gone next year how many tries & heroics Snake will be able to do ?? thats if his on the field...

600K per year for an aged , injured & huge ego....... well over paid !!!
I actually question if the other guys don't want DCE around? Snake & Foran yes because of the old brotherhood click. Stevie possibly out of loyalty to the brotherhood. Stevie , would however know how important Chez is to the success of the team and Manly winning games.
The other guys I just can't see how they would not want a brilliant halfback like him around.

Last edited:
I actually question if the other guys don't want him around? Snake & Foran yes because of the old brotherhood click. Stevie possibly out of loyalty to the brotherhood. He however, would know how important Chez is to the success of the team and being the competitor he is.
The other guys I just can't see it.
it doesnt matter , once there is a player issue the team crumbles....

barba with bulldogs

benji with tigers...

if i was snake ( senior player ) i would be saying nothing at all unless it was " we want DCE to stay ".

it doesnt matter , once there is a player issue the team crumbles....

barba with bulldogs

benji with tigers...

if i was snake ( senior player ) i would be saying nothing at all unless it was " we want DCE to stay ".
Good points. I am just so gutted about losing DCE.

Both Tommy Symonds and Jamie Buhrer have spoken out in support of DCE. I saw Peta Hiku say on the weekend he was excited to hear he might be staying.
If Snake said he should honour his Titans contract ( I didn't see the Wielder interview) that is sooo disappointing.

The younger players in the year seem to want DCE there and have no problems with him. Its part of the long serving senior group (Snake, Skivy and Foran, but not Killer or Matty Ballin) who don't want him at Manly and that goes back to last year when he copped the blame for Gifty not getting a contract offer because the club was supposedly trying to keep as much money as they could to keep DCE. Funny, they were also trying to keep money to re-sign Foran but he never seemed to cop what DCE has.....

Problem is that who is more likely to be playing in 5-10 years time? Even 1-3 years? Not those in the senior group other than Foran. Losing DCE may make some happy but its going to hurt the club in the long term because halfbacks of his quality don't come along every year.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10