Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My eyes just glaze over reading repeat after repeat after repeat of fans trying to figure out what went wrong. Don't bother, it will do your collective heads in.
Next game, let's see what our boys dish up on Anzac weekend...the mind boggles, seeing as though " mateship" seems to be a thing of the past around the club lately. Dear oh dear
In many ways it's the mateship is the reason it all fell apart. Gift got cut and the tight group of senior players were shattered resulting in them disbelieving that the club offered any loyalty for their years of service. In many ways I understand the tightness of this group and how affected they were by this. Of the group Watmough has outspokenly bagged the club. This is a sad mistake by him and a kick in the teeth to those who were his fans for years.
Of the remaining crew I might be among few but I really don't believe that any players deliberately under perform. Foz has been playing busted for years. Parra are nuts throwing millions at him.
Our team is smashed to pieces with injuries atm and this is the main reason we suck on the field despite some players and club factions not being the best of friends.
We will win games when we have healthy players and can field a competitive team.

Apparently Snake was on channel 9 news tonight. Anyone get to see it and what he said?

Apparently Snake was on channel 9 news tonight. Anyone get to see it and what he said?
Yeah he spoke about DCE contract, said that contracts signed before the June deadline are not worth anything. Spoke about all the experience Manly lost this year and how it felt like 2003 when he was coming through as a young guy and how he and the other senior players need to step up in this rebuilding period.

Yes, I saw it.

It was Wielder so you can guess he was throwing the leading questions in and tossing up his own ideas about what's going wrong, without any substance.

According to Wieldler, we are at the bottom of the table because Choc, Gift, and Kingy left. Snake was heard to say "they've left a big hole", and "there was something like 750 first grade game experience between them". Snake was then asked about the diminishing culture at the club and how to fix it, to which Snake replied "I don't really know the answer". He also said that this season has a 2003-2004 feel about it, and that he was a young guy coming through at that stage, and the younger guys now, need him to lean on.

He was also quizzed about being on the bottom of the ladder, to which he replied "not too happy about it, to be honest".

Cringeworthy.

Weidler has moved on from Choc and is still fixated with Manly's problems :mad:

Snake lacks the animation required by TV@:cool:

Lets hope someone finds the spark required to ignite the Manly Spirit @:)

Beaver on Fox reckons all Manly lack is the passion. Once they find it, the wins come @:cool:

Cringeworthy.

Beaver on Fox reckons all Manly lack is the passion. Once they find it, the wins come @:cool:
Everything about weidler is cringeworthy. Notice how he needs to be in every shot.

Thanks for the replies guys. You would think though, after being at Manly for so long, and knowing what the culture has been, he would have some answers on how to get it back.

He may well know, but it's probably all be a bit too hard for him.

Yes, I saw it.

It was Wielder so you can guess he was throwing the leading questions in and tossing up his own ideas about what's going wrong, without any substance.

According to Wieldler, we are at the bottom of the table because Choc, Gift, and Kingy left. Snake was heard to say "they've left a big hole", and "there was something like 750 first grade game experience between them". Snake was then asked about the diminishing culture at the club and how to fix it, to which Snake replied "I don't really know the answer". He also said that this season has a 2003-2004 feel about it, and that he was a young guy coming through at that stage, and the younger guys now, need him to lean on.

He was also quizzed about being on the bottom of the ladder, to which he replied "not too happy about it, to be honest".

Snake was then asked about the diminishing culture at the club and how to fix it, to which Snake replied "I don't really know the answer".

Hmm that answer is a slight worry........!!

Hey what about this as an answer???........"The culture is not diminishing, it is still here. We just have many injuries at the moment and are going through some major changes. We are Manly and we do not lay down, we will be back."

Or

"Manly is strong and I along with every single person in our team will not ever give up, we will make it happen."

I could actually think of many things a senior player might want to say in front of a camera to show commitment, focus and give off a united/strong image. A bit disappointing to hear of this pretty pathetic attitude from Snake.....!

Snakes attitude towards this interview has be exactly the same on field , for him to say I don't know how to fix it speaks volumes..... He is a senior player on good coin, now more then ever he needs to stand up and drive this side along with the rest of the senior playing group.... If not , if he's not happy he should go elsewhere so he can be.

Cringeworthy.

Mate, I beleive the key is DCE signature ...... Toovey has said again tonight we have under the rules until round 13 to sign both DCE and Foran, so I'm guessing they are still trying to right this wrong the club has made..... With DCE and the young blokes coming up we can turn this around pretty quick...... If no DCE I think we are in a world of pain.

It may just be he's not much of an interview. He always comes across that way so I don't know why you'd expect different now. Remember with footballers - assume they'll give duhhh meathead clichéd responses ALL the time so when they don't you are pleasantly surprised.

Mate, I beleive the key is DCE signature ...... Toovey has said again tonight we have under the rules until round 13 to sign both DCE and Foran, so I'm guessing they are still trying to right this wrong the club has made..... With DCE and the young blokes coming up we can turn this around pretty quick...... If no DCE I think we are in a world of pain.
I think there is no DCE and we are in a world of pain.

I felt for 2v on NRL360 when he said that a Player can reneg a contract by saying 'I'll deliberately play badly if you don't release me' @:cry:

He was obviously refering to Choc and you could see how hurt he still feels about that :(

Chez is gone along with Foran - Snake is staying so let him rebuild Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4