Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah just heard on 2gb news that Manly was expected to be boosted by the return of Snake this weekend vs Storm.
I guess you can get over a season ending injury in a couple of weeks these days.

Well obviously you don't need a boss. Start your own company and see how you go. People always need motivating and nuturing. Otherwise you end up with a bunch of prima donas who coast along thinking they know it all. Sound familiar. That's what happens when you have poor leadership and a lack of direction.
I understand where you are coming from Jerry, but in our Organisation we have the CEO and then three Senior Managers that report to him. The three Senior Managers are expected to be self motivated leaders, who along with the CEO sets the example for the remainder to follow.

I see the player leadership group as akin to those three Senior Managers. Snake and the others know they are the Leaders and the custodians of the culture. If they need Toovey to massage their egos then they are not leaders and it is time for them to go.

For what it's worth, I don't subscribe to the view that Snake has been dogging it or that he doesn't care.

I understand where you are coming from Jerry, but in our Organisation we have the CEO and then three Senior Managers that report to him. The three Senior Managers are expected to be self motivated leaders, who along with the CEO sets the example for the remainder to follow.

I see the player leadership group as akin to those three Senior Managers. Snake and the others know they are the Leaders and the custodians of the culture. If they need Toovey to massage their egos then they are not leaders and it is time for them to go.

For what it's worth, I don't subscribe to the view that Snake has been dogging it or that he doesn't care.
Snake cares, he cares a lot.

Usually I'd feel that I wouldn't want Snake to play SOO. But if he gets selected this year then I will be very happy for him.

Regardless of our current form and run with injuries, while I'd be happy for Snake if he did get selected for NSW, I seriously can't see it happening. I think Dugan is probably the leading contender right now.

I'm so bored with DCE...he is a good footballer, but that's it. He is not one of the greats, never has been, never will be. He WAS a media darling for a time, and that's why he has a massive profile, but even they are waking up to him. He will fly off the GC at the end of the season and play 4 years of average football up there, and wind up as just another first grader. Yawn!

Snake isn't on the field yet, let alone putting in a decent performance. Let's wait and see? :)

I hope that resolves it for anyone here who doubted his commitment.
Well he is commited to coming back early from an injury as the Rep Game selections are coming up :mad:
This is the same line that Foran trotted out.:cool:

Lets hope that they both play well to impress their Selectors and do not inadvertently add to their injuries @:cool:

what the f==k you guys do nothing but whinge and whine give it a break this forum used to be good humour and fun to read now all it is doom and gloom, take a concrete tablet, build a bridge and get over it, this great club will survive this hiccup, our injury list is unreal and frustration by the players coming back one week early from injury and then reinjuring during the game does not help, I cannot remember a start to a season as bad as this in my 60 years of support some have gone close, we have had it good for too long winners are grinners but some of you have to learn to take the losses as well, but it appears to me that you all want to be grinners, stop the negative attitudes or there will be more exiting this site. every one is entitled to an opinion but to keep flogging a dead horse over and over is depressing, just remember we could still be the northern eagles, then you all would not be supporting anyone, if you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen. I for one am leaving due to this constant negativity and will not be back until it improves, farewell feathered friends it has been fun until now
but I will always follow my beloved team through good and bad times as always . go the mighty eagles rebuild and show all that we are the best

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8