Brad Parker is a ginja-ninja machine!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have had a torrid injury toll, but a lot of other teams are starting to hit hard as well! Canberra have been smashed, souths will be without 8 players for this weeks match. Origin should be a stand alone game for the week. Its a real blight on the game. Parra play south's this week, normally would of lost but are playing a side without 5 origin players

We have had a torrid injury toll, but a lot of other teams are starting to hit hard as well! Canberra have been smashed, souths will be without 8 players for this weeks match. Origin should be a stand alone game for the week. Its a real blight on the game. Parra play south's this week, normally would of lost but are playing a side without 5 origin players
There seems to be a real disconnect between the media and the fans. For weeks, all the media has talked about is Origin like it's the most important thing in the game. When it comes to money and ratings, of course it is because it's the best vs the best and fans have to support one of only two teams. But I'm sure the majority of fans would rather they talk about the NRL teams for the weeks prior and would much prefer a stand alone Origin to losing their very best players.
And, I know it's great for Cherry, but I can't tell you how much it irks me that he puts so much effort into getting fit again - for Queensland!!!

There seems to be a real disconnect between the media and the fans. For weeks, all the media has talked about is Origin like it's the most important thing in the game. When it comes to money and ratings, of course it is because it's the best vs the best and fans have to support one of only two teams. But I'm sure the majority of fans would rather they talk about the NRL teams for the weeks prior and would much prefer a stand alone Origin to losing their very best players.
And, I know it's great for Cherry, but I can't tell you how much it irks me that he puts so much effort into getting fit again - for Queensland!!!
Chez is getting fit for footy, the SOO just happens to be coming up as his rehab time is up @:cool:

The only positive this week coming is that the Panthers will be without both of their starting centres in Whare and Waqa Blake.
What happened to Whare? Fisher harris copped a massive head knock, he could be in doubt and you would think Cleary will be out, maybe Maloney?

Wrong ... he was never a zero .... only the numbnuts thought that ... those with even a hint of nous backed him home from the beginning ....

The kid showed the right stuff when he debuted at 19yo ... and is still showing the right stuff now .....
Somewhat similar to the pelicanated, numb nutted, punchies who persisted with yabbering on about how Barrett had no chance for success because of the injuries he was forced to contend with.

Last edited:
Brad’s my fave player. I never doubted him, ever since the performance against the roosters at left centre a couple a years ago. Get well soon buddy.

Wrong ... he was never a zero .... only the numbnuts thought that ... those with even a hint of nous backed him home from the beginning ....

The kid showed the right stuff when he debuted at 19yo ... and is still showing the right stuff now .....
I guess those enlightened ones were due a good call at some point.
The same people backing Parker generally (this is saying some not all) also thought TBaz would come good as well.

This is a great thread.

Zero to hero type stuff. Just read the first page and it was shoot him at sight he's so crap. Now he's ok.
Hand up I used to question his FG credibility but under a new coach he's probably our most improved player.
That’s one of the great things about sport... it makes
You seriously need to move on from your Barrett fixation .... it is sooooooo last year ....
mate... I have to agree with you there.

Justin Hodges was a dick of a guy but was a pretty handy footballer. His first few seasons he had some epic bad games but turned out pretty good when he was coached well and grew into a better player.

With Brad having a broken jaw (back round 18), who replaces him in the centres on Thursday

The options as I see it.

1. Croker to centre
2. Garrick to centre and Miski or Anderson to wing
3. Elliott to centre and Anderson to full back.
4 Biggest shock would be Elliott to centre and Tom T. to full back

Will be interesting.

The options as I see it.

1. Croker to centre
2. Garrick to centre and Miski or Anderson to wing
3. Elliott to centre and Anderson to full back.
4 Biggest shock would be Elliott to centre and Tom T. to full back

Will be interesting.
Option 4 preferred but I'm guessing option 2 most likely... Elliott has been too good at fullback to waste him in centre imo (I know hes made a couple of errors but mostly good and at times against Cronulla he was exceptionally safe)...
When is Suli back? Was only a broken finger wasn't it? Was it a compound fracture or something?

Worst possible time for poor Brad to get hurt, because he's been a rock on our left side defence. The couple of times we've looked shaky this season - first half vs Chooks, then last Friday - most of the damage has been done on the other side, not Parker's side.
I'll be fascinated to see how Des plugs the gap, I don't think there is any obvious fix.

It’ll be Tom t to fullback and Elliot to the centres. Where he has played a lot of footy, if Tom is picked for origin the Elliot to fullback Garrick in to centres and miski to a wing, until sulu is fit.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8