Blake Green Signs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The thing is he doesn't need to be a star. His job will be to act as a foil and let DCE do his job of being a star. That's the same thing he is doing at Melbourne. Letting Cronk and Smith do their job and taking the pressure of them when needed.
Same as Cronk my arse, he runs the show for the storm. It doesn't matter who he's partnered with, he's still pulling the strings. It's the reason Cronk is on more money than Green. So at Manly, the guy who runs the show gets $350k, so that the player who's on $1.2 mil, can have a run around????

Same as Cronk my arse, he runs the show for the storm. It doesn't matter who he's partnered with, he's still pulling the strings. It's the reason Cronk is on more money than Green. So at Manly, the guy who runs the show gets $350k, so that the player who's on $1.2 mil, can have a run around????

Well Bellamy must be a dope ... or is there a reason why he has partnered Cronk with players like Widdop and Green?

Essentially yes, that's what he's being employed to do, run the show whilst Cherry ( hopefully) gets back to pulling those magical plays out of his backside!!

If Green is good enough to retain his place in this Melbourne side, which should win the 2016 premiership, then he is certainly good enough to play in our top side, given our performances this season.
Coming from Melbourne he will also know what it takes to win, and you need belief to have continued success.
However, I'm fearful of a team without the great Jamie Lyon. Very few players could replace what he gave Manly.

If Green is good enough to retain his place in this Melbourne side, which should win the 2016 premiership, then he is certainly good enough to play in our top side, given our performances this season.
Coming from Melbourne he will also know what it takes to win, and you need belief to have continued success.
However, I'm fearful of a team without the great Jamie Lyon. Very few players could replace what he gave Manly.

Yes he will be missed BUT we do have Williame coming through to replace......lol

The reason why DCE and Foran were such a great combo was because they complemented each other and were able to work as a team. Jamie Lyon was the same. When Jamie played five eight we started winning games and when he got injured we weren't the same team.We need a five eight who can do the same next year. Blake is a player who is used to being a team player not a star player. He will take the pressure of DCE just like Foran and Jamie did. It will allow DCE play the star role he is paid to do.

If all goes to plan we will have Walker and Matai next year though and Walker and a top shelf replacement in 2018

Now I know no one here is high fiving each other and doing cartwheels in excitement over this signing but gee if we're only paying $350k per season for him that's a great deal for us. Obviously wasn't a massive bidding war lol

I have seen posts claiming we are paying massive overs to get him at 350K for a starting 5/8 for the premiership favourites.

I think these posters may not understand the salary cap has increased and is not longer 2.5 million

I have seen posts claiming we are paying massive overs to get him at 350K for a starting 5/8 for the premiership favourites.

I think these posters may not understand the salary cap has increased and is not longer 2.5 million

I think this is because reports were $700K for 2 yrs and ppl thought $700K per yr as opposed to 2 yrs at $350K. $350K for him is cheap

I think this is because reports were $700K for 2 yrs and ppl thought $700K per yr as opposed to 2 yrs at $350K. $350K for him is cheap
Blake Leary came to Manly on a MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT*

(*$100k a year, and if he stayed for 10 years on the same contract he would have been paid $1M)

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8