Ben Farrar

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Ben Farrar - Confirmed

wombatgc said:
EagleRock40 said:
First choice winger snext year should be Wolf and Oldfield - no questions!
Oldfield?...big question mark there. Speed means nothing, if you defend like a windmill.

I think Oldfield deserves his spot...yes he had a bad day against the broncs but he's only played half a dozen or so NRL games. Give the kid more experience in the top grade and we will see the best of him.

I would say Farrar just pips Oldfield but that may not be the case in a yr or two.
Ben's utility value is why the club are happy to have him back and he will be a most welcome addition to Dessie's squad.

Mr Fix it Farrer , full back, wing, 5/8 , handy acquisition . A versitile player with plenty of potential for Des to work on.

I thought he was one of more consistent backs in 2010. Did a pretty good job of filling in for Brett at the back, albeit having had a few dramas under the high ball. Looks like he has a few ball skills and might have some improvement left in him. With Hoppa and Robbo gone we need coverage for Brett.

Not an over exciting signing imo but with players dropping like flies sure to add utility value in 2012. This bloke runs angles & lines as good as any NRL player - just lacks some speed & size or would be near the top in linebreaks. The Seaeagle scouts usually get it right as proven in the past so maybe improved in a few areas.

Masked Eagle said:
Don't really see him as a winger to be honest, but with Snake likely to have knee problems for the rest of his career he will be more than handy back up.

agree.....he aint no winger but good for snake cover

It's good to see Farrar coming back but I hope Manly haven't signed him with money they could have used to keep Robbo. I think Robbo's a more a reliable and consistent player.

Farrar must have really enjoyed his time here just like it seems most of the guys do with our good player retention. If we could just sort out all the off-field crap then we would have one hell of a club.

How long's he signed for?

Fonz said:
It looks like Robbo wanted to leave.

Probably the old " 3 year deal V 1 year deal"...and it was thought at the time than Benie would return...he's a good utility player, I like what they have done but would love to have kept Mr Reliable another year!!

That goes without saying mate. But it hardly looks like he was pushed.

Robbo's not getting any younger (29?) and he needs one or 2 seasons of big paydays.

But he has been amazing for Manly since 2006 and top bloke too good on him!

He slotted in very well as a centre when he debuted for us in 2009. He had only played about 37 1st grade games when he joined from NQ. I first saw him playing in the flesh versus Newcastle (at Gosford) in 2009 and came away very impressed.

There were signs of further improvement over the subsequent season and a half. Now he's had some SL time under his belt. I think by 2013 we will be talking about this guy as being of similar value to the Club as players like Owen Cunningham or Luke Williamson. Low key, with talents unrecognised in some quarters, but never underestimated by his teammates or opponents.

Good bloodlines too. His Uncle Andrew was an excellent centre.

My 2012 team:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Ben Farrar
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Joe Galuvao
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. George Rose
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Tony Williams

Mark from Brisbane said:
Fonz said:
It looks like Robbo wanted to leave.

Probably the old " 3 year deal V 1 year deal"...and it was thought at the time than Benie would return...he's a good utility player, I like what they have done but would love to have kept Mr Reliable another year!!

We don't know how much they were offering Robbo though. It could have been something that we would struggle to match and the ESL is a good option for players with a few years left to pick up a good amount of money before they retire.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8