Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
Maybe a bit hard to control or expect an individual to conduct themselves appropriately when they apparently have some form of personality disfunction or attention deprivation or whatever . Manly have made his future position and role in the club including no doubt ongoing support for him quite clear so i guess that is the most important consideration concerning the matter and regardless of any of Jackson 's or the media present B S antics . It will pass and all that Jackson seems to be doing now is just alienating himself further from the club and his other squad and team members .

And now on the Big Sports Breakfast, Massoud is kind of sticking up for Hastings and says its poor the way DCE has handled things and DCE should come out and speak to the media. WTF have we done so wrong that every media outlet is trying to kill us at the moment and DCE in particular.
About time to hear from Penn and make a stand against these sh1tbag reporters. Ban them all.
Every other club can tip out a player and it gets reported on once, we do it and its front page for a fortnight.
Maybe they can be flat mates

F*ck the media and their tiresime Manly hatefest.
As has been mentioned before, if particular "journalists" want to be intentionally harmful to the Manly brand by outting a rubbish spin on this, then courteously ask them to p*ss off at the next media event.

Contractually obliged as part of the NRL licence, same reason they have to do post match pressers. If they weren't forced to do it how many clubs do you think would volunteer ?
Tell them they are injured today and seeking treatment. Trot out number 28 and thats it.

TBH I don't see the big issue with going to a strip club.

OK, OK, I know how that sounds. But, not only are they grown men who were just blowing off steam after a loss, they did it without getting drunk and/or causing havoc like we have seen from so many in the NRL before (no one got so drunk that they defecated in a hallway did they.....). They were all well behaved and the incident with DCE and Hastings didn't happen until AFTER the players who had been out got back to the hotel.

The going to a strip club part really is making a mountain out of a molehill if you ask me.

Last edited:
F*ck the media and their tiresime Manly hatefest.
As has been mentioned before, if particular "journalists" want to be intentionally harmful to the Manly brand by outting a rubbish spin on this, then courteously ask them to p*ss off at the next media event.
I actually don't think it's Manly bias. I think they're just New Idea type make up gossip "journos".
What was all the stuff we read about Bulldogs problems, Tigers problems, etc.
it's just what they do.
The game would really benefit from actual journalists but they're quickly becoming extinct across the board.

OK, OK, I know how that sounds. But, not only are they grown men who were just blowing off steam after a loss, they did it without getting drunk and/or causing havoc like we have seen from so many in the NRL before (no one got so drunk that they defecated in a hallway did they.....). They were all well behaved and the incident with DCE and Hastings didn't happen until AFTER the players who had been out got back to the hotel.

The going to a strip club part really is making a mountain out of a molehill if you ask me.
I don't think it's a good look when they are going to a strip joint in a small town after a game. They are still representing the club. No discipline..reflects on their performances on the field.

Just looking at Nein news, it appears that the club might possibly sanction DCE for his part in this blue with Hastings. I think it is sad that the team is so split over this with so many of the players backing Hastings, come on guys , the big picture please, we are on our knees in player strength right now, this division is just ensuring further failure, time for everyone to come together for the common cause and some urgent leadership to move things forward!!

I do see your point @Spartan Eagle because to the public, especially a Manly hating one, its not the best look. But as I said, the report from the club owner is that the players were quite well behaved. They weren't getting drunk and harassing the girls or other patrons or causing property damage.

The DCE-Hastings incident had nothing to do with them going to a strip club. The Nudie bar is just the by-line that has grown legs.

I’m with you @HoldenV8 , I don’t see the issue. Gee who would think, 20 grown men going to a strip club? Noo, never happened before...

More worried about the no leadership and sh!t performances..

Just looking at Nein news, it appears that the club might possibly sanction DCE for his part in this blue with Hastings. I think it is sad that the team is so split over this with so many of the players backing Hastings, come on guys , the big picture please, we are on our knees in player strength right now, this division is just ensuring further failure, time for everyone to come together for the common cause and some urgent leadership to move things forward!!
And the idiots at nine back up with the story the eels are brawling at training and coming to blows but that’s viewed that they are showing passion . Same story line two different analyses Manly in turmoil eels showing passion.

Channel Nein.....with the sad death of Darrell Eastlake I am reminded of their hypocrisy and it goes back a fair way.

1993 State of Origin.....the fight between Paul Harragon and Marty Bella. Big Dazza got in the poo with Nein management for what they called on air promoting of the fight by Eastlake (they conveniently ignored Fatty's call of "Go Boys" during the fight). They didn't like it because they claimed that they didn't want to be seen promoting the violence in the game. It was all hypocritical because their own promotion of Origin both before and after usually had vision of Origin fights which later on would include Harragon vs Bella.

In a nutshell I don't trust a television network to ever go with the actual truth. Its the truth according to their own agenda.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14