Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
We have this scenario at our club ....
*Short on players due to injuries and Salary cap
* A massive 5/8 issue
* A losing streak that may end our season
Do we play along side a player that we don't get on with
or
Do we get on with it and put our ego behind us and do what is best for the club and focus on winning games.
As a supporter I don't see any issues on the field when Hasting comes on off the bench and battles against the opposition along side his team ( not mates )

I disagree

Team culture and harmony is hugely important, look at the Tigers, not the most talented team but working together and working for each other

The Panthers are another example, Moylan and Cartwright, both hugely talented players shipped out as it is rumoured they were a bad influence on the playing group.....Panthers are now flying

If you have a cancer in the squad, cut it out and heal

Hasting would not be the first member of any real workforce to be moved on for having a negative effect on the group .. happens all the time in sales forces and offices everywhere ...

And I agree that Hastings does bring energy and positives to the field ... but that just makes we think that whatever the issues are ... they must be pretty severe to garnish the response they are getting ...

This is not an over-night or knee jerk response .... it has been a while in the making ...

And Karin, I am disappointed, I believed Hastings had plenty to offer ...

I am also disappointed and I am finding it hard to believe all this attitude talk.

We see Hastings a lot after he has played -he always comes over to us for a chat even at away/interstate games we always have a joke. He always seems to be trying.

Even at his last game at Brookie against Canberra we watched him help carrying the padding for the goal posts off the field- how many players have you seen do that?

I disagree

Team culture and harmony is hugely important, look at the Tigers, not the most talented team but working together and working for each other

The Panthers are another example, Moylan and Cartwright, both hugely talented players shipped out as it is rumoured they were a bad influence on the playing group.....Panthers are now flying

If you have a cancer in the squad, cut it out and heal
To the detriment of the loyal paying fans and the sponsors??? Jacko is contracted to the end of the year. If he's going to increase our performances on the paddock ffs play him. Plenty of careers and reputations are on the line and the only thing that can remedy the situation is to WIN footy games. You may think this is punishing one player if we banish/sell him but if we have a God awful season in 2018 then more people than just Jacko will be worse off. We need to consider the big picture here and just get on with it.

Call me a bit old school... but give them a pair of gloves each and sort it out like men! Christ some of my best mates are blokes I’ve punched in with!

Take it a step further... make it a fundraiser event as well, maybe even an annual event to raise some money for charity or whatever. Done properly, it could be the sort of thing that benefits the club, players and supporters enormously...

We got pumped in a fever, flogged in a Tigers rout,
We've been talkin' 'bout Jackson, ever since the rumour came out.
I'm known as Jackson, I'm not gonna mess around,
Yeah, I'm known as Jackson,
Look out Jackson's in town.

Well, go on down Jackson; go ahead and wreck your health.
Go play your hand you big-talkin' man, make a big fool of yourself,
Yeah, go on Jackson; go comb your hair!
Cherry, I'm gonna banish Jackson.
See if I care.

When I breeze into that team, people gonna stoop and bow. (Hah!)
All them players gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how,
I'm known as Jackson, don't need a photo of a goat.
'Cause I'm known as Jackson.
"Goodbye, " that's all Baz wrote.

Well now, we got everyone in a fever, hotter than a pepper Sprout,
We've been talkin' 'bout Jackson, ever since the rumour came out
I'm gone said Jackson, and that's a fact.
Yeah, your're goin' Jackson, ain't never comin' back.

Last edited:
It's not rocket surgery if you're one of 17 blokes in a team and the other 16 don't want to know you then you need to take a good hard look at yourself. People can usually forgive the occasional fark up if they can see you're trying but no one wants to hang around someone who won't help themself.

In your sheer unadulterated genius .... you have made another brilliant point ...

I am no bush lawyer ... but there appears to me to be enough evidence for Manly to claim a medical retirement for Hastings ... but not for broken legs .... surely (and I am not being humorous) there is a case for a mental health retirement.

existing?!

We got pumped in a fever, flogged in a Tigers rout,
We've been talkin' 'bout Jackson, ever since the rumour came out.
I'm known as Jackson, I'm not gonna mess around,
Yeah, I'm known as Jackson,
Look out Jackson's in town.

Well, go on down Jackson; go ahead and wreck your health.
Go play your hand you big-talkin' man, make a big fool of yourself,
Yeah, go on Jackson; go comb your hair!
Cherry, I'm gonna banish Jackson.
See if I care.

When I breeze into that team, people gonna stoop and bow. (Hah!)
All them players gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how,
I'm known as Jackson, don't need a photo of a goat.
'Cause I'm known as Jackson.
"Goodbye, " that's all Baz wrote.

Well now, we got everyone in a fever, hotter than a pepper Sprout,
We've been talkin' 'bout Jackson, ever since the rumour came out
I'm gone said Jackson, and that's a fact.
Yeah, your're goin' Jackson, ain't never comin' back.

Brilliant cover words CC. I would however prefer to see Nancy sing it.

Bye Jacko. Thanks for your time and effort, and for trying to engage into the fan base.
Good luck in the Super league, but we Silvertails need to move on.

Team list Tuesday here we come.

I am also disappointed and I am finding it hard to believe all this attitude talk.

We see Hastings a lot after he has played -he always comes over to us for a chat even at away/interstate games we always have a joke. He always seems to be trying.

Even at his last game at Brookie against Canberra we watched him help carrying the padding for the goal posts off the field- how many players have you seen do that?

I have not heard in any of this .. that Hastings isn't a good person ..

Without inside knowledge, I don't know how his problems manifest themselves, as you say attitude to playing obviously isn't one, ... is it more of a personality disorder? I don't know.

But both Baz and DCE have always impressed me with being level headed and decent blokes .. when they, after numerous incidents and 18months say enough, and that seems to be backed up by the team ... then I can only think that whatever the issues .. they are pretty special ...

To the detriment of the loyal paying fans and the sponsors??? Jacko is contracted to the end of the year. If he's going to increase our performances on the paddock ffs play him. Plenty of careers and reputations are on the line and the only thing that can remedy the situation is to WIN footy games. You may think this is punishing one player if we banish/sell him but if we have a God awful season in 2018 then more people than just Jacko will be worse off. We need to consider the big picture here and just get on with it.

Umm no my point is having a player that creates disharmony effects team performance

I believe keeping him is detriment to the loyal paying fans, sponsors and most importantly our on field performance

IMO we win more games this season with Hastings away from the squad than we do with him in it.....17 players working as a team, rowing in the same direction

Did anyone else see the interview that Hastings gave I think after the Parra game? It was just the usual round of players at the club talking to the media but he mentioned how his attitude had changed and he finally started taking advice about it and how it had improved.

Seems it only improved for a week or 2.

It's a shame as I really wanted him in the team but sounds like the players just don't like him.

It would be hard to keep him around in a situation like that. Not good for him either.

I know nothing of Hastings other that what is written here and in the Media. So my comments may be quite misguided. But it amazes me that someone with such fine talent as Jackson, can allow his personality flaws to interfere with what could be an outstanding career. I mean he must know about discipline, because to reach the level he has achieved would require an awful lot of sacrifice and commitment. If I had that talent I wouldnt be allowing anything to get in my way to get to the top. Obviously Jackson has not treasured his ability enough and its sad to see him probably leaving the Eagle Nest. I hope he learns finally that he has a flaw in his nature and learn to control it, because it would be a tragedy to see such talent go to waste. Good luck to you Jackson. And thanks for the entertainment you gave us.

Update 4.00pm - NRL Side named - Jackson not in 21 man squad.

Last seen wearing a red and white striped skivvy. Where's Jackson ??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12