Ashes Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is the time! Batsmen to stand up and fight fight fight!!!!

Annnnnd

failures to watson, cowan and clarke.

sigh

edit: thought the ball that got clarke was an absolute cracker.

As I type this....Rodgers goes. Sometimes I hate the referral in the lbw decisions.

Unlucky for Clarke but yeah a pearler from Jimmy.

Smith providing value so far getting half our runs, if the clouds clear tomorrow then the swing will reduce and hopefully we can make hay while the sun shines.

Surely Warner only needs a 20 or 30 to replace Cowan the bloke is just getting worse. When he started he would be very watchful and didn't worry about scoring runs and waited for the bad ball, now he just looks for ways to get out.

It was a crap shot that cowan played to get out. I suppose hayden did a couple in his early career too.

But as I read elsewhere, I too was excited to see cowan come on board as a 'real' opener....but now he seems to be an albatross collecting ducks.

Maybe he'll get better.

I would not have picked siddle....goes to show what I know.

After the day they were interviewing siddle with video replays asking him all about his tactics! I was trying to send thoughts of 'shut uuuup!" and 'don't tell them a thing!' but to no avail.

Annoying it's not on tv over here and the differeing time zones means fishing is just too late for me. Might start getting up earlier to get the last couple of hours in.

Just flicking through the final 2 sessions of day 1 now. Was shocked to wake up and see the scores this morning after watching til lunch

Gonna be a big 2 hours this morning, need a big knock to come from somewhere but nearly at the bowlers

David Lloyd is 1 of my favourite commentators of all time, they should let him do the entire day

I am enjoying Lloyd as well and surprisingly finding Strauss to be quite good. He is open about his bias but giving good insight on the current goings on in cricket unlike Tubby and Slats who had a few years off in between.

Yeah Strauss had slotted in nicely. Lloyd cracks me up with some of his stuff

1 thing that really needs fixing up with test cricket at the moment is the over rates, it is an absolute disgrace. Not sure which team was more at fault yesterday but 9 overs of play lost is completely unacceptable for a crowd paying to watch 90 overs of play

14 wickets fell so theres a few of them and given it was a swinging day it was going to be pace all day basically.

On the commentary thing Vaughen is rubbish. Was talking yesterday how some of the young aussies would never be any good as they were in a losing series then went on to talk about how good some of the England batsmen were including Cook and Bell, whom both looked like crap in their first ashes, especially Bell.

globaleagle said:
It was a crap shot that cowan played to get out. I suppose hayden did a couple in his early career too.

But as I read elsewhere, I too was excited to see cowan come on board as a 'real' opener....but now he seems to be an albatross collecting ducks.

Maybe he'll get better.

I would not have picked siddle....goes to show what I know.

After the day they were interviewing siddle with video replays asking him all about his tactics! I was trying to send thoughts of 'shut uuuup!" and 'don't tell them a thing!' but to no avail.

Annoying it's not on tv over here and the differeing time zones means fishing is just too late for me. Might start getting up earlier to get the last couple of hours in.

Will excuse this innings for Cowan, Ashes is like asking a guy with 6 first grade league games under his belt to not get nervous playing in the GF

Smith still has a way to go - but this innings could start to change my opinion of him

Fluffy said:
14 wickets fell so theres a few of them and given it was a swinging day it was going to be pace all day basically.

On the commentary thing Vaughen is rubbish. Was talking yesterday how some of the young aussies would never be any good as they were in a losing series then went on to talk about how good some of the England batsmen were including Cook and Bell, whom both looked like crap in their first ashes, especially Bell.

Should still be able to get through an over every 4mins though or at least get close to it, I presume they used the extra half hour as well ? 9 is a long way to miss by

Vaughan is fairly average and I'm not a fan of Bob Willis at all either. Botham loves getting stuck into the Pommy side which is always a laugh. Hussain goes surprisingly well as a commentator, always came across as a grumpy bastard as a player

Solid start to the day from your guys so far. Have never rated Steve Smith at all but he is looking better than I have seen him play

This is a fair collapse going on here !! It's a good spell from Anderson but not as devastating as it is being made to look. Remember watching him debut at the MCG and thinking he had something about him, had a really nice action, but went around the park a fair bit. The past 4-5 years though he has really fulfilled his potential and will go on and break the England bowling records

And back to Smith, it's fine to be positive but his dismissal was fairly reckless. Something about his stroke play looks really weird at times ! Different technique

Anyone remember Border and Thommo almost snatching a victory for the last wicket in the early eighties? That was a tough result but exciting all the same.

150 up - getting a lot closer and gives hope in the second innings. Agar is smacking a few.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8