5/8 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My preference at this stage is to sign 1 marquee forward, 1 young forward and two young backs

Something like

1 of Tamou, Gillet, Jackson, Lowe, T Sims

1 of Asofa-Solomona, D Saifiti, J Saifiti

2 of Brenko Lee, R Jennings, G Jennings, J Bowen, K Moss, Ado-Carr

Though haven't really factored goal kicking into the above
Who is your 5/8? If you pick api he is a goal kicker so there's your problems solved

Who is your 5/8? If you pick api he is a goal kicker so there's your problems solved
Too early to pick but we have Walker and Api and we have Hynes and Wright on long term deals

Plenty of options

Lyon, Mateo and Burgess definitely go imo with one of Starling and Lawrence likely maybe Leary too....all depends which forwards we sign

Plan should be-
-Move walker to centre

-Make DCE and Jake captains

-Re sign Tafua/Symonds/Fonua-Blake before anyone else (IMO these 3 are must re signings)

-Sign a 5/8 (preferably a goal kicker)/My preference is Norman

-Sign a rep forward/My preference is Tamou

-Sign a centre in 2017 to replace Skivvi/My preference is Whare or Brad Parker

-Sign a winger in 2017 to replace Tom when he moves to fullback/My preference is a young fast winger or Brad Parker

-Re sign Jake and Tom on 4 year deals

In 2017 we need to shift walker to centre, this is where he plays his best rugby with his pace and put either api or hynes at 5/8 until young gun cade cust is developed. I believe he is our future 5/8 and turns 18 this year.

In 2017 we need to shift walker to centre, this is where he plays his best rugby with his pace and put either api or hynes at 5/8 until young gun cade cust is developed. I believe he is our future 5/8 and turns 18 this year.
Welcome to the silvertails. And for your comment on Cade Cust I'm not sure about him yet but also I haven't seen much of him.

For me I think Walker is best to go back to Centre. But a year at 5/8 will have been really good for his development.

I would prefer we grab Blake Green as he has developed nicely under Storm, but I cant see them letting him go.

The sqeels are going to need to let norman go if this salary cap debacle is true, and he is a solid gaol kicker. Not keen paying him 800K, but he might be worth it.

Cant discount Hynes though and if he can goal kick, then he is a good option.

Welcome to the silvertails. And for your comment on Cade Cust I'm not sure about him yet but also I haven't seen much of him.
thanks and i watched our holden cup game against newcastle, Cust played at hooker but is a 5/8. His pace was outstanding and really lifted our team. We also had a really good second rower in Billy bainbridge. He run hard at the line and early on made a linebreak through Hynes short ball.

Plan should be-
-Move walker to centre

-Make DCE and Jake captains

-Re sign Tafua/Symonds/Fonua-Blake before anyone else (IMO these 3 are must re signings)

-Sign a 5/8 (preferably a goal kicker)/My preference is Norman

-Sign a rep forward/My preference is Tamou

-Sign a centre in 2017 to replace Skivvi/My preference is Whare or Brad Parker

-Sign a winger in 2017 to replace Tom when he moves to fullback/My preference is a young fast winger or Brad Parker

-Re sign Jake and Tom on 4 year deals

For all that to happen you will need the parra "accountants"

For all that to happen you will need the parra "accountants"
How so?

Lyon 750k
Mateo 550k
Burgess 250k

From this year plus dead wood so around 2 million then next year

Stewart 600k
Matai 600k

It's plausible but highly unlikely

How so?

Lyon 750k
Mateo 550k
Burgess 250k

From this year plus dead wood so around 2 million then next year

Stewart 600k
Matai 600k

It's plausible but highly unlikely
I'm pretty sure the two players we signed last year get upgrades in their second year contracts too. People like Taupau and walker. And who says Lyon is on 750k I might be wrong but I don't think his final contract was that steep

And if we don't sign AFB to a decent contract, 15 other clubs will.
I agree with you there afb is a must. Then add Meehan to that list when the nrl register him a contract with us. Then we should be fairly set in the forwards I think. Gillette would be a good signing but too expensive I'd wait another yr before signing another backrower as I don't feel there's too many fits off contract at the moment other than Elijah. Throw a lifeline to perhaps Tautau Moga or someone similar. Let Taufua go and sign Mansour. If Matai retires I don't feel we need a centre replacement asap as brown can slot in. Buhrer can play Browns role atm. Resign Leary and John as well let all others go. Go for Koroisau at five eighth if we can't snare Blake green for a Yr or two til Hynes or Tom wright are ready to take over

Last edited:
Plenty of people questioned Bennet and the raiders for playing milf a fb at 58. Cant hear them. Walker is nsw answer to the milf. Milford walked into an established side coach team and gameplan. Walks has had none of that and played with a different side every week in the role. He will silence the doubters by seasons end. We are looking for a new centre after we sign Ethan Lowe for mine.

Maybe something like this
1. Brett Stewart
2. Tom Trbojevic
3. Dylan Walker
4. Steve Matai / Lewis Brown
5. Josh Mansour
6. Apisai Koroisau / Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. Darcy Lussick
9. Matt Parcell
10. Nate Myles
11. Elijah Taylor
12. Marty Taupau
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Addin Fonua Blake
15. Willis Meehan
16. Jamie Buhrer
17. Brenton Lawrence

18. Matt Wright
19. Tautau Moga
20. Liam Knight
21. Isaac John
22. Willis Meehan / Brown
23. Nick Hynes
24. Tom Wright
25. Hugh Pratt
26. Blake Leary

I dont think theres a five eighth on the market thats worth the money atm. I highly rate norman but not at 800k + more, thats an absolute joke. keary will probably want a lot too, the only bloke id like to sign would be blake green but hes 30 next year. Would rather give the spot to koroisau or hynes, having api nico and wright all compete for that #6 jersey. Connor Watson from the roosters shows some promise as well wouldnt mind getting him on the cheap. We should look to sign a good lock/front rower and a quality winger.
Buy sausao sue or kenny edwards, quality players in the 350-450k region
Attempt to lure koroibete or mansour with fairly big money, if not pay overs for kerrod holland (can kick goals)

Plenty of people questioned Bennet and the raiders for playing milf a fb at 58. Cant hear them. Walker is nsw answer to the milf. Milford walked into an established side coach team and gameplan. Walks has had none of that and played with a different side every week in the role. He will silence the doubters by seasons end. We are looking for a new centre after we sign Ethan Lowe for mine.
This time last year the milf was starting to kill it haven't seen anything close from walker at the moment.. Hope he does but milf is a once in a lifetime player he is a freak

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8