5/8 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Turbo

Bencher
Well with legendary centre Lyon retiring walker is obviously going to go to centres surely. With him moving that means we are going to need a 5/8! Here's our options

NICHO HYNES
I can reveal nicho has resigned till 2018, he has been a shining light in our under 20s and recently had a great game against the Knights scoring a quality try. He reminds a lot of Corey Norman in his build. He IMO should be 5/8 he has been play great footy and deserves the spot.

APISAI KOROISAU
He is playing unreal footy and looks like a 5/8 and if he continues his good form could find himself our fulltime 5/8. But inconsistent performances have hurt his career so far. But he is such a good prospect and we are lucky to have him.

TOM WRIGHT
Can't say much about him haven't seen much but does look good prospect. Can also fill in at centre and fullback.

If we plan to go to the market there a plenty of options but not all cheap.
BLAKE GREEN
CODY WALKER
These 2 would be the cheaper options.

COREY NORMAN
LUKE KEARY

These 2 have an asking price of 800k and that's a bit for us. Al though Norman has been playing well I would rather spend 800k buying a winger and a prop.

There's the options IMO but my preference would be Hynes

Well with legendary centre Lyon retiring walker is obviously going to go to centres surely. With him moving that means we are going to need a 5/8! Here's our options

NICHO HYNES
I can reveal nicho has resigned till 2018, he has been a shining light in our under 20s and recently had a great game against the Knights scoring a quality try. He reminds a lot of Corey Norman in his build. He IMO should be 5/8 he has been play great footy and deserves the spot.

APISAI KOROISAU
He is playing unreal footy and looks like a 5/8 and if he continues his good form could find himself our fulltime 5/8. But inconsistent performances have hurt his career so far. But he is such a good prospect and we are lucky to have him.

TOM WRIGHT
Can't say much about him haven't seen much but does look good prospect. Can also fill in at centre and fullback.

If we plan to go to the market there a plenty of options but not all cheap.
BLAKE GREEN
CODY WALKER
These 2 would be the cheaper options.

COREY NORMAN
LUKE KEARY

These 2 have an asking price of 800k and that's a bit for us. Al though Norman has been playing well I would rather spend 800k buying a winger and a prop.

There's the options IMO but my preference would be Hynes

I'd like to see them go after Norman and Gordon who is a good goal kicker.

5/8 2016 might be same as 5/8 2017.
Maybe we will get a new centre to fill a centre vacancy?
Also maybe Ramien will be ready to step up?
We will have decent money to make a good signing, but whether its a 5/8, centre, or utility, all remains to be seen. Plenty to look forward to.

I'd like to see them go after Norman and Gordon who is a good goal kicker.
Gordon will be 33 in October this year, I wouldn't be going after him. Norman; however, would be a great buy.

The really fun thing is, that all manly has to do is talk to an off contract back and theire current club will pay overs to keep them. He He He.

It happened to us with Foran and DCE, let's give some back.

I would be talking to every off contract player just for fun. I would be leaking huge fiqures for Norman just to read One eyed.

IF Walker keeps improving he will be our long term 5/8
Barrett has continually said he see's Walker as a quality 5/8
I"d like see Manly try and get Whare back
Whare is always injured :(

Maybe Zoolander was being sensitive about replacing one of the two great Manly centres. :rolleyes:

I would put Walker at centre now and utilize Killer at 5/8 for the rest of the year@:cool:

My preference would be either put Hynes at 5/8 next year or sign Norman and walker to centre. Walker is wrecking our edge he just wants to run and for a 5/8 you need to be passing more often. And when Skivvi retires sign Holland or Whare.

Got a funny feeling luke keary . Dont shoot me but he is off contract and i cant image he will be on big coin . Im not fond of the cat , but could we change him from a cat to a LYON (lion).

My preference at this stage is to sign 1 marquee forward, 1 young forward and two young backs

Something like

1 of Tamou, Gillet, Jackson, Lowe, T Sims

1 of Asofa-Solomona, D Saifiti, J Saifiti, Meehan

2 of Brenko Lee, R Jennings, G Jennings, J Bowen, K Moss, Ado-Carr

Though haven't really factored goal kicking into the above

Last edited:
Well let's think about the money Jamie leaves behind.

Lyon 750,000
Mateo 550,000
That's just from 2 players imagine once the dead wood leaves. We will have at least 2 million to spend on players. We should put a bit on the side to upgrade the contracts of The Trbojevic bros also.

For 2017 we obviously need a 5/8 and Corey Norman can kick goals also and it would be to the script to take Parras star 5/8 wouldn't it.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6