Zorbs this morning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think I'm swayed by Sgt B here.

I could never trust Zorb. Always white anting Toovs. How dare he coach a team to finish 9th.

Zorbo might have some very valid points, but don't let the old fellas realistic concerns fool you.

Let's build a bridge. It's no Foran or DCEs fault this club couldn't manage a root in a brothel.

The club just must get better at 3rd party deals and players sign for less.

It can start with Foran returning for way unders on 1 year deal.

But divided again and we fall.

At the time I think Gutho was on his second knee reconstruction and he was a gamble to sign him to match the bigger offer from the desperate eels that paid overs

Someone can correct me if I am wrong here, but didn't we sign Turbo to his current contract after he had done his pec? I know pec's and ACL's are different injuries, but the reality is that Gutherson has rarely been injured since going to the Worms, and if he has been its never been a long term one. Turbo on the other hand seems to be turning into the new Foran in that can't get through more than a game or 3 without getting a major injury.

I dare say that Gutho isn't on the same amount of money as Turbo, but look at the value the Worms are getting out of him compared to the value we're getting out of Tom.

Edit: don't get me wrong here, this isn't meant to be a bash on Tom. What he's had is just a horrible run with injuries and he'd probably be even more gutted and frustrated over it than any of us. But unfortunately the reality is that those constant injuries are badly hurting the value for money we are getting out of him. When fit I argue that Tom Trbojevic is the best player in the game. Not just the best fullback, but the best player bar none. The problem is becoming keeping him fit.

Last edited:
My concerns ...

Team not fit ... That is on the coach and coaching staff
Defence out of the Ark .. (appropriate, because the Ark was a myth too) .. that's on the coach .
Team capitulation ... that's a big one ... after 2 years, that's also on the coaching staff ..
Even rumours about signing Foran ... Coaching madness ....

I hear you ...
Des must have standards and principles apply in this Foran decision and not accept him
Because if he does not stand up to any standards and principles then he wont be able to stand for nothing
Is this the same Des that walked out on a Premiership winning team? Who does that? Didn't he bleed Manly? Good standards and principles there.

Could easily have won more comps if he didn't **** that up.

My concerns ...

Defence out of the Ark .. (appropriate, because the Ark was a myth too) .. that's on the coach .
Team capitulation ... that's a big one ... after 2 years, that's also on the coaching staff ..
The team is fit, obviously the new guys haven't had a chance to get match fitness, no fault of the coach
Defence seemed to work fine early in the year, I suggest changes in the playing personnel are more to blame than a change in the coaching of the defence
Team capitulation - yes that's how it looks when you make fundamentel errors, you get pumped. (errors by players, not coach)
Rumours about Foran - haha yes I'm sure Des is busy spreading rumours.
However Trent certainly has the Panthers firing, I'll give you that. they will regret letting him go, no doubt.

It was Des that signed Foran to the Bulldogs for a million a year for I think for 4 years .... and that with the full knowledge of his injury nightmares at both Parra and Warriors ...

He also took T-Rex to Bulldogs on a motza ... and then signed him back to Manly ... for exactly no games ...

So I am not surprised he is likely to sign Foran again ...

If he does then fingers crossed it pays off. We do seem to have something of a leadership vacuum with the departures of Joel and Addin

The team is fit, obviously the new guys haven't had a chance to get match fitness, no fault of the coach
Defence seemed to work fine early in the year, I suggest changes in the playing personnel are more to blame than a change in the coaching of the defence
Team capitulation - yes that's how it looks when you make fundamentel errors, you get pumped. (errors by players, not coach)
Rumours about Foran - haha yes I'm sure Des is busy spreading rumours.
However Trent certainly has the Panthers firing, I'll give you that. they will regret letting him go, no doubt.

Your eggs are always sunny side up ... I'll give you that

Someone can correct me if I am wrong here, but didn't we sign Turbo to his current contract after he had done his pec? I know pec's and ACL's are different injuries, but the reality is that Gutherson has rarely been injured since going to the Worms, and if he has been its never been a long term one. Turbo on the other hand seems to be turning into the new Foran in that can't get through more than a game or 3 without getting a major injury.

I dare say that Gutho isn't on the same amount of money as Turbo, but look at the value the Worms are getting out of him compared to the value we're getting out of Tom.
I cant remember Tom being signed after doing his pec but I remember Gutho having two ACLs

Yes I'm just fed up at the moment. Looks like

Yeah im fed up. At the right price yes but he just wants more money
You can say that again!

if a work colleague pissed off your boss....and came back grovelling for his job back 5 yrs later and it resulted in you or your mate losing your job how would you feel And how secure would all the other loyal employees feel ....... it’s not about the money.

Is this the same Des that walked out on a Premiership winning team? Who does that? Didn't he bleed Manly? Good standards and principles there.

he saw the holes in the boat, donned a dress and jumped aboard the first life-raft...

My concerns ...

I said something in the game day thread yesterday that Zorba even said this morning. I much prefer a sliding defence than our style of up and in. All our up and in defence does is leave big gaps out wide, which has often not been helped by someone sprinting out of the line trying to make a hero tackle and either missing their target completely, or just not getting there quick enough to stop the ball being passed.

That and the teams lack of fitness is what worries me the most right now. Donny is supposed to be the messiah of trainers, the fitness guru ... yet yesterday we were blown away for fitness by the Titans. The Titans who have Dan Ferris in charge of their fitness. And TBH, its not the first time in the past 3 months that we have been blown away on fitness. And the capitulations like yesterday's come off the back of not being fit enough to compete.

Like I said earlier, what is going on? Why is it that really only Jake and DCE are the only ones who seem to not be gassed after 20 minutes?

More informed sources may correct me ... but I believe Dessie's contract renewal was delayed several times ... I believe the issue was that Penn was concerned about how much Des was spending and wanted to rein in the outgoings ... and Des said good luck, see you later ...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2