Zorbs this morning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Zorba made some valid logical points for the best interest of our great club and most of all backed up by our one and only Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton .
Foran comes with not only past and present injury concerns but also attitude concerns
He left our club for the right price and now he wants to come back again only at the right price that suits him .
I believe our club is split in 2 for his signature and taking into account Forans issues , he is not worth the price to destabilise our club or the playing group.
We have a super star 5/8 in the making in Shuster and we should focus on building our future with him than with the past skeletons of the broken down Foran

I originally thought it was just media conjecture and rumours about Foran coming back. The fact that people in the club have actually discussed the possibility has me concerned. Sorry Biff! All and sundry can see that Schuster is ready now. I don't think he needs someone to hold his hand for a year or two, otherwise he WILL have other teams in his ear.

I don’t know how anyone cannot be concerned about the state of our club/squad/coaching.

There is something seriously wrong. And I’m just not sure if we have the coach/captain/squad/desire to fix it.

Anyone saying, we could come 9th!, or what about the injuries or it’s not des’s squad is not conceding just how poor, ineffectual and stagnant in below averageness we were this year. In my opinion there is no excuse good enough to warrant what we have dished up

I wish bozo didn’t move gutho on though
We cant keep them all with cap pressures and the Incomparable Immortal kept the best In Tom and Jake Turbo . If the cap was not around and Arko was still around we could have kept them all :)

Look. I'm going out on a limb here. As a Manly supporter since the mid 60s, I've never seen Manly so low. Even in the post Beagle days there was a light in the tunnel. There seems this push to, on emotional grounds and based on previous history, to bring back a player who is well passed his prime, is injury plagued and likely to take the role of 5/8 in the side thereby shutting the door on one of the most exciting young talents I've seen rise from the Manly ranks. DUMB, TRULY DUMB. Zorba hits the nail dead centre. If Manly brings back Foran and stifles this kids rise, thereby risking losing him, then Manly is cellar occupants for years to come. And I certainly wont be supporting DUMB decisions like that and a team that makes such decisions. Get real. Even as a no 14 its DUMB. They have some outstanding young talent coming through. Des has to stop living in the Triassic Period and get into todays world.

Said my piece. Its DUMB and yeh I'm bloody angry for the club that they are falling into this mire.
Agree. Basically may as well say goodbye to Schuster if we sign Foz. No doubt Roosters will snap him up for depth.

I don’t know how anyone cannot be concerned about the state of our club/squad/coaching.

There is something seriously wrong. And I’m just not sure if we have the coach/captain/squad/desire to fix it.

Anyone saying, we could come 9th!, or what about the injuries or it’s not des’s squad is not conceding just how poor, ineffectual and stagnant in below averageness we were this year. In my opinion there is no excuse good enough to warrant what we have dished up
this... time and again, this....

At the time i was keen to bring foran back but the longer this goes on the more I dont want it to happen. Firstly Foran is not a 9, especially in this new game, secondly he is the reason our bozo come under scrutiny and almost banned for life from the game. We don't need a snitch in the ranks especially now I realise ppl in the club are still hostile towards him. Its a recipe for disaster

The fact that he is willing to show his face at the club again after what he did tells me a lot about him as a person. Does he have any shame? If it was me, I would steer well clear...

Just as an aside, I was told that Rod Reddy is still not welcome back at St George in any capacity after Super League. I don't know how true this is though.

We cant keep them all with cap pressures and the Incomparable Immortal kept the best In Tom and Jake Turbo . If the cap was not around and Arko was still around we could have kept them all :)
yeah but he kept Jorge and Hiku instead @BOZO... and then we let Hiku go anyways... I know it is all easy in hindsight but jeez he is a good player and it does suck that he is not in our squad - I don't reckon any team with Gutho in the side would be dishing up what our beloved Sea Eagles have in recent times...

Weren't Zorba and his bestie in positions of influence at the club a few years ago when things started turning to ****e? Poor management of the exit of senior players. Leading to some lack of gruntledness? And then pulling the DCE offer, before locking the club into his current er ... 'generous' contract?
Yes Zorba knows footy and knows the club but that doesn't mean he knows what's good for us at any particular point in time!

Weren't Zorba and his bestie in positions of influence at the club a few years ago when things started turning to ****e? Poor management of the exit of senior players. Leading to some lack of gruntledness? And then pulling the DCE offer, before locking the club into his current er ... 'generous' contract?
Yes Zorba knows footy and knows the club but that doesn't mean he knows what's good for us at any particular point in time!
yes but even a broken clock is correct twice a day and, in this case, Zorba is on point...

The fact that he is willing to show his face at the club again after what he did tells me a lot about him as a person. Does he have any shame? If it was me, I would steer well clear...

Just as an aside, I was told that Rod Reddy is still not welcome back at St George in any capacity after Super League. I don't know how true this is though.
I hear you ...
Des must have standards and principles apply in this Foran decision and not accept him
Because if he does not stand up to any standards and principles then he wont be able to stand for nothing

I don't know if Foran would be a blessing or a curse.
But yesterday we really needed someone out there who could yell at the players, tell them where to stand, and make sure they stayed awake. DCE for all his skills and ability does not seem to have a loud enough voice.

Also the fact that we are looking at TPAs to get him here is an indicator that he isnt coming cheap.

Its been evident over the last 2 months how far behind in fitness levels we are compared to other teams. Since round 6 we have conceded an average of 28 points a game and that is the obvious reason we have only won 3 games since that round.

I want to see Manly start Schuster at 6 to start the season and give him time to build things. Going back to Foran is a potential divisive step, I remember what happened in 14 and 15 and the last thing we need is players who dont want to be at our club.

We do need experience and our biggest deficit is our number 9. This is where we need to invest ASAP. Our halves are pretty much smashed without a decent 9!

yeah but he kept Jorge and Hiku instead @BOZO... and then we let Hiku go anyways... I know it is all easy in hindsight but jeez he is a good player and it does suck that he is not in our squad - I don't reckon any team with Gutho in the side would be dishing up what our beloved Sea Eagles have in recent times...

At the time I think Gutho was on his second knee reconstruction and he was a gamble to sign him to match the bigger offer from the desperate eels that paid overs

I was going to say that myself but you beat me to it lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4