Zorba's comments this morning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
No matter why you think of the bloke, he is absolutely spot on.

Key points out of his BSB interview.

+ Again the club hasn't been contacted by NSW police or NRL in regards to Salary cap issues

+ Nate Myles wouldn't have been cleared to go to Melbourne if money was still owed, and there are zero issues with Dylan Walker. The club don't have many third parties.

+ The Blacktown players come under the NSWRL and are paid by Blacktown. The notion of bringing the club into players looking to take their lives in a story on channel 7 was outrageous. He mentioned a reporter (I'm sure we know who he is talking about), is not allowed in NSW camp and will not be allowed in the Manly camp from now on.

+ Thanked the fans and sponsors for sticking solid and more so the players who put in one of the best defensive performances in recent history last night.

Last edited:
I saw Zorba at the game last night, actually really made me change my opinion of him, while me and dad got drinks Zorba was also down there he was interacting with people, a couple of old blokes chatted to him, it was good to see.

No matter why you think of the bloke, he is absolutely spot on.

Key points out of his BSB interview.

+ Again the club hasn't been contacted by NSW police or NRL in regards to Salary cap issues

+ Nate Myles wouldn't have been cleared to go to Melbourne if money was still owed, and there are zero issues with Dylan Walker. The club don't have many third parties.

+ The Blacktown players come under the NSWRL and are paid by Blacktown. The notion of bringing the club into players looking to take their lives in a story on channel 7 was outrageous. He mentioned a reporter (I'm sure we know who he is talking about), is not allowed in NSW camp and will not be allowed in the Manly camp from now on.

+ Thanked the fans and sponsors for sticking solid and more so the players who put in one of the best defensive performances in recent history last night.
And he alluded to some legal action but it got a bit glossed over.

Zorba a cops a lot of flack here but I always remember as a kid looking into his car and seeing a pile of RLWs. When he came back to his car one of us asked him if he had a spare one and he gave us all one. Very friendly. Interactions like this say more about someone than club politics.

Well said zorba, he's on a mission to change our opinion on him isn't he

It's his opinion of us, (i.e Sausage roll eating keyboard warriors that know nothing about the game) that is the issue, I don't believe he's addressed that.

Ned, go back and read some of the brilliant posts on this forum over the past 2 years, and tell me honestly .... if you don't reckon we have deadest got our share of irrelevant, sausage roll eating dribblers as members.

The only reason some of them will get into heaven is because at heart I suppose they are Manly supporters.

1973 Winning premiership team photo
Zorba teamed up with Bozo at Manly in 1969
2017 and **48*** years later the Zorba and Bozo team are still together amongst us
We all bleed Maroon blood and have white blood cells .
We may have different views and opinions
but ....
We are and we will always be connected and identified as one .
We are all proud Manly Sea eagle supporters
It is us against the rest of the league world that envies and despises us
BIRDS OF A FEATHER STICK TOGETHER
Manly%201973%20Grand%20Final.jpg

Ned, go back and read some of the brilliant posts on this forum over the past 2 years, and tell me honestly .... if you don't reckon we have deadest got our share of irrelevant, sausage roll eating dribblers as members.

The only reason some of them will get into heaven is because at heart I suppose they are Manly supporters.

We may some , but a board member of the club shouldn't be saying that , especially one that owes some of his income to the fees paid by those said members.

Never doubted Zorba's loyalty to Manly. He's as maroon and white as they come. And he's a good spokesperson for the club in the media.

The problem unfortunately came about with the rift in the club and the opposing sides taken by players and supporters alike. He was the main vocal supporter for one side and therefore became the main target when those on the other side were in the dispute. Blood was spilt, former stars fell. Unfortunately that's politics.

Its like members of a football side. Some of the stronger more vocal members are the leaders, but comes a time when their day is ending. Some want to hold on to those glory days. Then along comes someone like DCE. He represents a new vision, just as Zorba represents a new vision for the club as a whole. Good or bad, that's just the nature of things. But that change causes disruption, uncertainty, distrust. support fragments into two sides, loyal to the old and the new. DCE is one of those rising stars and voices who is intelligent and has his own mind and speaks it. He threatened the old stars at Manly and threatens the old stars of QLD. Supporters take sides. Blood is spilt. But the old inevitably gives way to the new. DCE won his battle at Manly and may well win his battle in Queensland. Zorba represents the new leadership at Manly. No prisoners are taken. There's still pain and some bitterness over the changing of the guard. Some pain will never be forgotten. But its important to remember that Zorba, DCE, the former stars and administrators all had one thing in common. The love of the club and the desire to continue to make it great

Last edited:
Sea Eagles subject of unfounded allegations
Peter Peters, Manly Daily
July 7, 2017 2:29pm
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/6883add5986d13f7b3555cf61b5f1cb4

How convenient. After years of unfounded allegations, screaming headlines and a smashing of the club’s reputation, the Sea Eagles are reportedly set to be cleared of match fixing by the Organised Crime Squad.

No apology and no explanation but the club then learns via the media it is now the subject of more unfounded allegations regarding salary cap breaches and other serious issues.

Suddenly, the Rugby League Players Association’s battle with the NRL which threatens to cripple the game is off the front and back pages. How timely.

Manly is a resilient club and since it was formed in 1947 it has been strongest in a crisis. That has been evident right through the match-fixing allegations that have now been confirmed as a beat-up despite years of investigation.

Players who played in the games mentioned as being part of the match fixing have been cleared but at what price? Do they have a class action case? Massive questions remain to be answered.

Manly have always adopted a put up or shut up attitude to allegations. If allegations are proved the necessary action will be taken against the people involved. That again is the club’s stance.

Oh I know, I read them. I just don't think the media manager of the club we all support should be making those comments about fellow supporters.

And the standards as to where someone is considered insightful verses a sausage roll eating keyboard warrior seem to be inversely proportional to the amount that comment is in agreement with Zorba. Mind you he's not alone in this method of assessment, it's extremely common on the internet unfortunately.

It is good that Zorba gets out there and defends the club over this mess. His downfall amongst many of us is that as a board member he needs to be there for everyone at the club and not just the people that back him, there are many people out there who have different ideas for the club and this should be welcomed rather than suppressed by the likes of Zorba.

So let's reassess .... Zorba wasn't necessarily wrong when he called us irrelevant and sausage roll eaters ... he was just naughty saying it.

So let's reassess .... Zorba wasn't necessarily wrong when he called us irrelevant and sausage roll eaters ... he was just naughty saying it.

Well I like sausage rolls and if I'm honest to myself I'm not particularly relevant when manly runs out on the field. But he dint have to say it.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8