Zorba hooks into 9.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I haven't read the report but if he rips into ex-player dullards like giggling Thurston and mumbling Lockyer then he is on the money.
I think Slater is very good, and I'm sure when a network wheels out Cronk he'll be equally impressive.

Yeah He said Thurston hasn't measured up as an analyst.
I think he has regarding the first syllable.
He has p*ssed me off with his sourness towards DCE.
But Zorba is right, Thurston doesn't communicate stuff as well as Slater and cronk, on fox, who I really didn't like either for obvious reasons but I found myself enjoying their summing up more as the season wore on...

Yeah He said Thurston hasn't measured up as an analyst.
I think he has regarding the first syllable.
He has p*ssed me off with his sourness towards DCE.
But Zorba is right, Thurston doesn't communicate stuff as well as Slater and cronk, on fox, who I really didn't like either for obvious reasons but I found myself enjoying their summing up more as the season wore on...

Thurston was a fabulous player BUT that doesn’t translate straight to being a great commentator.

The one that’s surprised me on Fox is Ennis, an absolute grub on the field but very polished on the commentary front.

But let’s face it both 9 & Fox have their lemons , Thurston & Hodges.

Thurston was a fabulous player BUT that doesn’t translate straight to being a great commentator.

The one that’s surprised me on Fox is Ennis, an absolute grub on the field but very polished on the commentary front.

Soward and Luke Lewis are great commentators plus relatively unbiased and don't yell when the action picks up :nerd:

Fox has to ditch Finch, Parker and Kevvie before they can be classed as professionals :cool:

The thing that annoys me about the electronic sporting media is that they opt for ex-players rather than proven journalists. Why should a good former footballer/cricketer get a direct route into a new profession? It discriminates against, and diminishes the importance of, professional broadcasters who have spent years cultivating their trade, which is communicating effectively and authoritatively with viewers/listeners.
Yes, I know, there is a widespread view on this Forum that there are very few decent journalists but I hope you take my point.

You're right they both have their lemons, same with everything.

I don't have Fox and only watch 9. Have to say, like him or hate him as a player, I really warmed to Gallen this year. He's quite articulate and talked from a player's perspective. Was also surprisingly pro-Manly. Imho I think he should hang up his boxing gloves and focus on media commentary. He makes a whole lot more sense than Thurston and Lockyer.

He's a bit slow off the mark, Ch9 has been absolute rubbish for years! I remember the old days they'd serve up a delayed telecast on Friday night and then another delayed game on a Sunday arvo, cut pieces of the game out to shove ads in etc. Been amateurs for years

Delayed telecast on Friday nights.....quite often in Adelaide the games were shown after midnight. And don't even bother when something like Wimbledon was on.

Sunday's were OK though. Sometimes we'd actually get a direct telecast. And we got the ABC game on Saturday's.

The thing that annoys me about the electronic sporting media is that they opt for ex-players rather than proven journalists. Why should a good former footballer/cricketer get a direct route into a new profession? It discriminates against, and diminishes the importance of, professional broadcasters who have spent years cultivating their trade, which is communicating effectively and authoritatively with viewers/listeners.
Yes, I know, there is a widespread view on this Forum that there are very few decent journalists but I hope you take my point.

I can tell you it happens in the AFL as well. There are a lot of ex-players who can barely string a coherent sentence together, yet they get cushy gigs as television and radio commentators once their careers are over simply because of who they are. Most are as useless as tits on a bull when it comes to being a commentator or even a sports show host.

The main reason is that their “contract guarantee” as a commentator is part of the package that allows certain teams to keep certain player methinks..

You're right they both have their lemons, same with everything.

I don't have Fox and only watch 9. Have to say, like him or hate him as a player, I really warmed to Gallen this year. He's quite articulate and talked from a player's perspective. Was also surprisingly pro-Manly. Imho I think he should hang up his boxing gloves and focus on media commentary. He makes a whole lot more sense than Thurston and Lockyer.
I have to agree with you. Gallen and Slated have nothing surprised me with how the talk during a game and in general. Both are articulate and give good insight with out being bias. I was actually very surprised but both of them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4