Zorba dumped

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Media and sales - not really positions of power. He continues to write a column for the Daily that no one takes seriously and he shakes some sponsors hands. Away from decision making is the main aspect of this...
Manly touted Wayne Cousins as the Mefia Manager last year - what happens to him?
Also 2 others came on board with actual recent experience.@:rolleyes:

Having ZtH meddle in their department would be a backward step :cool:

Manly touted Wayne Cousins as the Mefia Manager last year - what happens to him?
Also 2 others came on board with actual recent experience.@:rolleyes:

Having ZtH meddle in their department would be a backward step :cool:

Hopefully he'll just be used as a 'consultant', only used when we need a fluff piece from Dean Ritchie.

News keeps getting better...Hoppa and Zorba in one day...
A crazy scientist (Dr Frank N. Stein) conducted a fusion experiment recently and now they are one and the same, nicknamed Horba. Or if you like - Zorba the Hoppa.

Media and sales, have they learnt nothing? Still I hold off on renewing my season tickets...

Last edited:
I hear the club refused to put Zorba in charge of game day catering. Apparently he wanted all the pies to be delivered to his house first before he would then 'transport' them to the ground himself.

Citing the possible loss of revenue, fears were held that the pies would not make it to Brookvale Oval.

While I've been unhappy with a lot of the Penn's dealings, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here. I'm assuming (hoping) they got sick of all Zorba's 'leaks' and agenda-driven dribble he spouted in the MD and passed on to his DT mates. As result, they've told him to pull his head in, removed him from any position of power, and given him a token job to shut him up.

One wonders if he is tech savvy enough to do this role.

I doubt he can.

Why can't we employ a younger person who is all over the twitter, instagram and facebook accounts?

A media manager would surely need to be expert in all of those applications.

Very disappointing that we were supposed to have a cleanout and yet we go back to someone who has been so disruptive in our club.

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!!! @:mad:
The buffet is as close as he gets to social media

While I've been unhappy with a lot of the Penn's dealings, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here. I'm assuming (hoping) they got sick of all Zorba's 'leaks' and agenda-driven dribble he spouted in the MD and passed on to his DT mates. As result, they've told him to pull his head in, removed him from any position of power, and given him a token job to shut him up.
How does making him media manager lessen his ability to utilise the media for his own purposes ?? LOL ..that's really punished him.

Things have come full circle now, Zorba was sacked as media manager over the "good sort" controversy. Four years down the track anyone who had anything to do with that decision have been shafted and he has his old job back. Things have really moved on.

Yesterday they wore (Zorba the Elephant) arm bands. Today , He is fired .
Coincidence ?

Controlling the public image and profile of the club is most certainly a position of power. A position that he has held before to disastrous effect.
If he wants to leak information, he's now the primary point of contact. If he wants to block certain avenues of communication for whatever reason, he is the one who can do so.

How is this in any way a token position for a move forward? It's putting him in control of the very thing that most people are upset with him about his dealings with.
When the media want a quote it will be he who gives it to them and his story that gets told as the official position of the club.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/about/seaeagles-staff.html

Marketing, Communications & Membership

General Manager, Marketing & Consumer - Paul Grzanka
Media & Digital Manager - Wayne Cousins
Digital Media Coordinator - Tom Logan (Hoppa anyone :giggle: )
Manager of Membership, Ticketing & Operations - Tom Jamsek
Membership Administrator - Blake Stone

Membership Servicing Coordinator - Matthew Bell

Graphic Designer - Daniel Abacum
=============================
ZtH - surplus to requirements

How does making him media manager lessen his ability to utilise the media for his own purposes ?? LOL ..that's really punished him.

Things have come full circle now, Zorba was sacked as media manager over the "good sort" controversy. Four years down the track anyone who had anything to do with that decision have been shafted and he has his old job back. Things have really moved on.
Yep and MWSE have lost some really good people & players along the way...

Been travelling all day, pulled up for the night and checked this thread out.

FMD for 1 1/2 pages I was delirious , then the rot set in!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6