[Resurrected] Zac Saddler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Just watched him play for Walgett in the Koori Cup against Waterloo Storm, which incidentally had Josh Ado-Carr playing fullback.
I'd only seen Zac play once before, in our Flegg team, and he was a standout. He is big, mean and tough.
This Koori match was as spiteful as the "good old days" - swinging arms, high tackles, brawls and even a Storm spectator/official getting involved in a melee.
I hope Zac is still in our system because this kid has all the attributes to be a top front rower. I'm not sure about his level of aggression. It may be too full on. The NRL will probably tame him as Shoddy doesn't like anything to scare the little kiddies.
Bottom line: Zac should be a development player for us in 2020.

Just watched him play for Walgett in the Koori Cup against Waterloo Storm, which incidentally had Josh Ado-Carr playing fullback.
I'd only seen Zac play once before, in our Flegg team, and he was a standout. He is big, mean and tough.
This Koori match was as spiteful as the "good old days" - swinging arms, high tackles, brawls and even a Storm spectator/official getting involved in a melee.
I hope Zac is still in our system because this kid has all the attributes to be a top front rower. I'm not sure about his level of aggression. It may be too full on. The NRL will probably tame him as Shoddy doesn't like anything to scare the little kiddies.
Bottom line: Zac should be a development player for us in 2020.
Hopefully he can curb his aggression, or at least better channel it, in the Sydney comp.
The knockout tends to get a bit willing and a bit more let go but even by knockout standard he went on a bit.
But he sure is a big, mean critter alright...

Sounds like a keeper.

Des will show him where the line is and how to stay the right side of it.

I'm surprised how many NRL stars are playing in the Koori Cup.
I've noticed the world's best winger, Ado-Carr, and Andrew Fifita, Jesse Ramien and Nicho Hynes.
It's surprising that the NRL clubs would let such players risk injury in this comp. I guess it's at the heart of the players' culture and is important to them. But boy, is it willing.
There are some very big boys in the various teams and restraint is not part of their game plan.

Seems a Klemmer type and once he curbed his aggro has made every level....could be a handy impact in 2020 ...

bloomin' eck. 201cm's tall!

Tackle him on the 10 mtr line and he'll fall over the tryline!

The Aboriginal boys love their knockout Comp , but you’re right, regular NRL rules on rough play don’t really exist.

Was in the bulldogs top 30 squad last year before swithching to manly mid season,to play flegg, must of been somewhat of a promise there
Yep, ordinarily in those circumstances you'd just add him to next year's top team list as young blood, that will be in the top squad.

In 2020 I am not so sure, my top 30 is looking more like a top 37.

I hope we keep everyone and Blacktown have a good 2020, long long time since ressies were up there

Last edited:
Yep, ordinarily in those circumstances you'd just add him to next year's top team list as young blood, that will be in the top squad.

In 2020 I am not so sure, my top 30 is looking more like a top 37.

I hope we keep everyone and Blacktown have a good 2020, long long time since ressies were up there

Isn’t that fantastic though, just 12 months ago we were struggling to even find a top 30.

I'm surprised how many NRL stars are playing in the Koori Cup.
I've noticed the world's best winger, Ado-Carr, and Andrew Fifita, Jesse Ramien and Nicho Hynes.
It's surprising that the NRL clubs would let such players risk injury in this comp. I guess it's at the heart of the players' culture and is important to them. But boy, is it willing.
There are some very big boys in the various teams and restraint is not part of their game plan.

World's best winger? Didn't think Jorge could play in that event

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4