Zac Lomax

If I were Manly, I would leave the backline as is. There are no weaknesses worth investing money in. We've also got two elite halves...I'd be looking at David Klemmer as the only player to bring in from outside.

The biggest weakness we have is in the prop rotation. They are doing enough to keep up at the moment but in big games, I think we could get rolled. Aloiai obviously helps a little but if we could have Klemmer and Paseka start with Taupau and Aloiai off the bench, it looks better than bring Sipley, Keppie, De Luis and co into the game.

Sipley and Keppie are genuine bench players and nothing more at this stage IMO. Paseka and Taupau can have off nights where they go missing. Klemmer is always consistent and super competitive. We probably don't have the coin unless we move someone on so I doubt it'll happen but even if we have to lose Taupau, I think Klemmer is a yonger and more consistent prop anyway.
Klemmer has been pretty average this season, while his meters are consistent his offload has disappeared. Alot of props under the new rules have gone backwards in form. He is a good prop though and i have been a fan of his for awhile so seeing him at Manly would please me, i can also see him getting back to top form with us. The price needs to be right and i dont think we could afford him. A change of scenery would do him the world of good though

Klemmer has plenty to offer, as does Kapow....not about to dog what Marty brings as has been very strong this season....in the flip side, Anyone who thinks Klemmer does not make a massive difference in the right side, simply has a different opinion - Klemmer can be a Monster
Agreed! This season he just looks uninterested. He knows his team wont win so he's just going through the motions. With us the way we play he would love it here and thrive. Imo would become a fan favourite rather quickly. Question is how much would he be?

Expensive centres are surplus to requirements in 2021 NRL.

Expensive centres are for **** teams trying to buy their way out of being a **** team.

Cap $$$ is much, much better spent elsewhere.

In summary, that's a no to Lomax.

Lomax is a great player and a good goal kicker. We have heaps of centers id rather chase tesi nui IF we are looking for an outside back. Guys a gun and wasted at the donkeys. Can play wing center and fb well
the Rabbids are apparantly after him (Tesi Niu) .I like him too he would look great in a Manly jersey and cover a few positions .I like our squad but you always have to look to the future i guess

Klemmer has been pretty average this season, while his meters are consistent his offload has disappeared. Alot of props under the new rules have gone backwards in form. He is a good prop though and i have been a fan of his for awhile so seeing him at Manly would please me, i can also see him getting back to top form with us. The price needs to be right and i dont think we could afford him. A change of scenery would do him the world of good though
He is a good defensive prop. The day we lost in Newcastle he suffocated our middle and slowed our ruck down which kept Tom out of the game. He also takes some putting on the ground so plenty of quick play-the-balls from a standing position. At 27, he still has those really good years ahead of him as a mature and experienced statesman.

Unfortunately your "speed above everything else" agenda does not address the need to have a balanced team that fits our available expenditure. You must live in Rooster-Land where endless monies buy whatever you need,
Our current recruitment/retention policy is punching miles above it's monetary weight, and we have an incredibly competitive squad considering the money we have to spend.

Your "point" is worthless because you do not understand what it takes to assemble a competitive NRL roster with whatever monies are available.

Your passion for MWSE is unquestionable but it would be far better directed to backing the coaching and playing squads than continually crapping on about how fast some, over-priced duds are coz it is so tedious.

Balance is key for MWSE.... get on that bandwagon.
I believe in the Balance of power

and that is

A team of Players that have no deficiencies and who are competent in both defence and attack creating a more powerful team

9ACEF08B-26CF-4F62-A17C-9A59EB631B25.jpeg

Lomax for Suli trade could be on the cards?

Lomax is a fantastic defender with attacking upside and a better fill in fullback than Garrick. As usual it all comes down to price, probably worth around $550-600k on the open market which puts him out of our price range, unless we can offload Suli at full freight.
Possibly a straight out swap!

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2