Youth signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Asofa Solomona
Josh kackson
Benko lee/Hardaker
Mead/Anderson

Thought Josh Jackson might have been a pretty good buy myself, unfortunately it was just announced that he is about to sign a 4 year extension with the dogs.

The talent to choose from is dwindling as we speak.

Last edited:
An oldie but a goodie. Can still pick up the dvd from Amazon if you're interested and think you've got a ghost of a chance..
I just watched episode 1 on YouTube earlier on tonight :)

Thinking outside Australia : 25 year old Kallum Watkins would be a perfect centre for Manly . At 6ft 2" and 101 kg , there are many in the Uk who say he is England's best ever centre . Massive statement ; but looks the goods and ticks all the boxes : physically big , fast and strong who has scored around 100 tries at a young age . Plays for Leeds.

I would take te maire martin from the panthers in a heartbeat. Talented kid with a benji step and Milford elusiveness plus pin point kicking.
Outside Backs, Josh ado Carr whose still unsigned for next year!
And Gutho back too! Technically he left under illegal circumstances on the eels part so bring him home.
Shannon Boyd yes please
That basketball tall winger/centre for Newcastle looks so promising too, their one shining knight besides white lightning.
Vunuvalu from storm, 'this games easy'
Or how about crusher picks our talent and donny trains our talent ;)

I would take te maire martin from the panthers in a heartbeat. Talented kid with a benji step and Milford elusiveness plus pin point kicking.
Outside Backs, Josh ado Carr whose still unsigned for next year!
And Gutho back too! Technically he left under illegal circumstances on the eels part so bring him home.
Shannon Boyd yes please
That basketball tall winger/centre for Newcastle looks so promising too, their one shining knight besides white lightning.
Vunuvalu from storm, 'this games easy'
Or how about crusher picks our talent and donny trains our talent ;)
Pretty sure Addo-Carr has signed with Melbourne.

Since this thread has mention of older players all through out, what do people think of Aku Uate rumours to Manly next year?
Haven't heard them but I hope not he wouldn't be cheap and he is horrible under the high ball worse than Jorge. And if we do sign him you can guarantee he will on more than 500k

Since this thread has mention of older players all through out, what do people think of Aku Uate rumours to Manly next year?
100K-200K. One year with one year option. If he plays ok I'd increase it to 250. Not much for an ex international but he's got politicians hands.
Can't trust em..

Haven't heard them but I hope not he wouldn't be cheap and he is horrible under the high ball worse than Jorge. And if we do sign him you can guarantee he will on more than 500k

He's currently on $500k which is why they want to move him on since he's the highest paid player for NSW Cup. Especially for a winger that must be a record!
But back in the day he was as feared as semi radrada, seems hilarious now!
But before he nested he sure was a gun. If it were more familiar times for the Manly Club I would of said 'sign him up' 'our team demand the best of eachother and our leader group will bring out the best in Aku!'
We need to stick solid and hopefully those days where we could pick up a player like Uate and get best of them aren't far away.. I hope

@HappilyManly It was an impartial question?

I never stated a desire to sign him personally. I don't think we would unlock his talent

Youth our cupboard looks a little light on.

The Penns did appear to inject some cash into the NSW cup team this year. We recruited more NRL experience, to that grade then the club has in recent years. Add players like Mateo and Burgess being made constants in reserves, We should have been a top 8 team.

But take out the three kids we are developing in Knight, Tommy T and Fonua-Blake and we just don't having any junior talent in waiting in reserves and our NYC are getting smashed..

We have invested in and are developing Nathan Green. He was a NSW residence origin player at centre last year, having just come out of the NYC. He's big but he looks so cumbersome moving.

The reserves needs to be a mix of NRL experience depth and kids. Personally I think we just don't have the mix right, we needed to keep and develop more kids from last years NYC team.

We all know Bozo wanted other top 25 players moved on, which may be part of the problem. I am still in disbelief both Hiku and Gutherson were released.

What we now need to do, is go buy the best up and coming kids from NYC.

Enough retirement packages. Give some kids a go.
Green is 24 so not just out of NYC; he wasn't an investment either because he had played 22 FG games at the Dragons over four seasons and couldn't establish himself (they also tried shifting him to the backrow). It was more a case of him being released by the Dragons and landing in Manly's lap as cheap cover for injuries. He was able to impress the coaching staff over the off season and got a start in the early rounds before being banished until the injury crisis hit...

He played a fine game last weekend and if he keeps it up then that's fantastic, but he is not a fresh faced star on the horizon that we wrestled away from other suitors, more a cast off getting another opportunity to try and make it in the big time.

Green is 24 so not just out of NYC; he wasn't an investment either because he had played 22 FG games at the Dragons over four seasons and couldn't establish himself (they also tried shifting him to the backrow). It was more a case of him being released by the Dragons and landing in Manly's lap as cheap cover for injuries. He was able to impress the coaching staff over the off season and got a start in the early rounds before being banished until the injury crisis hit...

He played a fine game last weekend and if he keeps it up then that's fantastic, but he is not a fresh faced star on the horizon that we wrestled away from other suitors, more a cast off getting another opportunity to try and make it in the big time.

I wish we kept Michael Chee Kam instead for the same experiment

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4