Youth signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader
Youth our cupboard looks a little light on.

The Penns did appear to inject some cash into the NSW cup team this year. We recruited more NRL experience, to that grade then the club has in recent years. Add players like Mateo and Burgess being made constants in reserves, We should have been a top 8 team.

But take out the three kids we are developing in Knight, Tommy T and Fonua-Blake and we just don't having any junior talent in waiting in reserves and our NYC are getting smashed..

We have invested in and are developing Nathan Green. He was a NSW residence origin player at centre last year, having just come out of the NYC. He's big but he looks so cumbersome moving.

The reserves needs to be a mix of NRL experience depth and kids. Personally I think we just don't have the mix right, we needed to keep and develop more kids from last years NYC team.

We all know Bozo wanted other top 25 players moved on, which may be part of the problem. I am still in disbelief both Hiku and Gutherson were released.

What we now need to do, is go buy the best up and coming kids from NYC.

Enough retirement packages. Give some kids a go.

Re Nathan Green.
If you are as old as I am you'll remember that Terry Randal started as a centre but was not quick enough.
Just sayin......

I think they tried to do too much in one off season and got caught out in a no mans land which is why we are neither here nor there and most just neither or nor in all grades. We do still need more churn, Snake being the big one, but a lot of dead weight is off contract too which is good.

I am willing to give Green some time. He must have something good to offer to make that that residence team. His work rate wasn't where it needs to be for back row at the start of the year. He was bloody terrible. But will see what 13 weeks in reggies playing in the forwards has done for him against the boys.

Maybe. I still have a sneaky suspicion he will play in the outside backs in that game.

Here are the players I would look at:
Brenko Lee
Tautau Moga
Joseph Manu
Abraham Papalli
Taane Milne
Coen Hess
James Fischer Harris
Calyn Ponga
Nethaniel Roache
Bevan French
Lepato Mafi
Marcelo Montoya
Marata Nuikore
Kelepi tanginoa
Villiame Kikau
Drew Hutchinson
Irae Simone
Jai Arrow
Andrew Gee

Last edited:
Re Nathan Green.
If you are as old as I am you'll remember that Terry Randal started as a centre but was not quick enough.
Just sayin......
Nathan Green being compared to terry Randall? I have heard it all now

Difficult to sign young players as they don't see our coach as someone who will improve the as a player. In fact based on this years results the exact opposite would be true

Surely the riff can't sign this pom to player centre, and Hiku for centre as well as the rest of outside backs they have and keep both the younger Jennings boys!

Here are the players I would look at:
Brenko Lee
Tautau Moga
Joseph Manu
Abraham Papalli
Taane Milne
Coen Hess
James Fischer Harris
Calyn Ponga
Nethaniel Roache
Bevan French
Lepato Mafi
Marcelo Montoya
Marata Nuikore
Kelepi tanginoa
Villiame Kikau
Drew Hutchinson
Irae Simone
Jai Arrow
Andrew Gee
Andrew Gee is way too old and he wouldn't leave the donkeys anyway.

I know he's been injured, but maybe Dean Whare is on the way out at Penrith? They certainly seem to have plenty of other centre options.
Dean whare would be great a lot of people say he is injury prone but really he has only had a bad injury this year and a little hamstring problem. He would be great and would give us some pace

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4