Your Travel Highlights !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ChuckWood

Reserve Grader
" For discussion "

In your travels , Australia and/or Overseas , what are the most spectacular sights , experiences you have encountered ??

For me :

Australia :
1/ Great Ocean Road
2/ Whitsunday Islands ( in particular , Whitehaven Beach )

Overseas :
1/ Iguazu Falls ( Brazil / Argentina border )
2/ Corcovado - statue of Christ ( overlooking Rio De Janeiro )
3/ Monument Valley ( Utah )

thats a tough one and how do you separate one from another.

I would have to say the vegas strip is amazing and hard to go past

but I also thought the left over tanksand bunkers along the roads in guam and saipan were also amazing.

I can go past a castle either hastings (site of the battle fo hastings 1066) castle always sticks out in my mind.

but then things like the glaciers in Norway and their fjords wereunforgettable as well.

I was one of those lucky kids who got to go all over the word, so I have too many to really say.

In australia, the best site i have seen is a nice cold beer in a schooner glass with condensation dripping down the side on a hot day!!!!!

I also loved all of broome

The great Ocean road is fantastic for a ncie trip away around Aus.

OS I think everyone should goto Hellfire pass in Thailand fantastic museum, with a retired colenal running it who knows the lot. You can see where Sir Edward Weerie Dunlop sat when he came up with the idea of the salene drip.

Also langkawai islands and penang in malaysia are great places.

The artic circle is a must - both summer and winter. In winter you must see the northern lights.

Mont Blanc in France is worth a look.

From my recent trip the most amazing place i saw was central park covered in snow. Just beautiful and to see if from one day without the snow to one day with was fantastic **** to slick.

I am one of the lucky ones on this planet who has done a fair bit of travel. Faves are:
No 1 - Sailing down the Nile/Karnak/Pyramids/Abu Simbel - hell, anything to do with Egypt
No 2 Rome - you can't turn a corner without seeing something that is deep in history

Then in no particular order
Countryside of Wales - stunning / Brienz Switzerland / Santorini, Greek Islands / Petra Jordan / Marrakesh / heaps in Turkey / Jerusalem / Lobsters in Maine / Potala Palace Tibet / Entombed Warriors Xian China / Provence and anywhere in the Champagne region for a drink.

My brother-in-law has been to every State in the US and has travelled for the last 20 years straight. Extra lucky dog has seen places I can only dream of.

Victoria Fall in Zimbabwe. One of the 7 natural wonders of the world.
Lake KAriba and surrounds.
Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe.
Eillen Donan Castle just down the road from Loch Ness
Ayers Rock
Great Barrier Reef
Flying into the old Hong Kong Airport
Cape Town - the world's most beautiful city.
Ropongi District in Tokyo
Okovongo Swamps in Botswana

Great stuff Mata. Never been to southern Africa which is a great shame. Met lots of folks who have told me about the beauty and splendour. One day when the big red ball drops...

Roppongi? You dog! Woof.

<!--QuoteBegin-Zaphod+Feb 1 2005, 02:55 PM</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b:c81bd46325]QUOTE[/b:c81bd46325] (Zaphod @ Feb 1 2005, 02:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBeginFrom my recent trip the most amazing place i saw was central park covered in snow. Just beautiful and to see if from one day without the snow to one day with was fantastic **** to slick.[/blockquote]

wheres the pics Zap ???

lol, didnt think anyone would be interested

Southern Africa is a wild, wonderful place full of contrasts! I miss it often.

Ropongi in the middle of the karioke craze. Spare me!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6