Your third test squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Given its played at Perth the fast bowlers should be at an advantage over the spinners but spinners have at times picked up a handful of useful wickets there with the extra bounce as well.

Ive been pondering the value of North and Doherty and think its worth swapping with Smith and Hauritz.

Adding to the complexity are the injuries. Katich is out for the series and Harris has a chest strain of some sort and is very doubtful at this stage.

My squad

Jacques - has the experience
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin - steps up one to take the pressure off Smith
Smith - Not there to tie down an end, there to get wickets & can bat
Hauritz - There to tie down an end and got 5 for at Perth last month & can bat
Johnson - 5 for at perth last month and no better pitch to get confidence back
Piddle - Different bowler to the lefties and a seamer
Bollinger - Should be better with a run under his belt

Gives us more spin options, shortens the tail a little and Smith/Hauritz should be good for as many runs as North/Doherty. Harris would play if fit.

maybe Watson not to open & have another bowling option as well allowing maybe Shaun Marsh to come in to the squad

Hughes is a given for Katich.

Hughes
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Christian
Johnson
Hilfenhaus
Siddle
Starc

You could throw any number of bowlers in, it wont make any difference I dont think. Our bowling stocks just arent good enough atm to take 20 wickets.

Hopefully a nice bouncy Perth wicket might prove me wrong.

i think Starc is injured.

Not sold on Christian myself but he shows promise. Peter George is another one who with his heaight must be in contention

I am amused at the way everyone thinks that preparing a greentop will help us.

Their quicks are taller and simply better than ours at the moment.

The only area we are better than them is facial stubble, and with Katich out we have lost that advantage as well

Hussey
Watson
Clarke
Kawajala ??
Ponting
Haddin
Smith
Johnson
Harris
Bollinger

Siddle

12-man squad: Ricky Ponting (c), Michael Clarke (vc), Michael Beer, Brad Haddin, Ryan Harris, Phillip Hughes, Ben Hilfenhaus, Mike Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Peter Siddle, Steven Smith, Shane Watson.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291956606[/time]

Fro link said:
I am amused at the way everyone thinks that preparing a greentop will help us.

Their quicks are taller and simply better than ours at the moment.

The only area we are better than them is facial stubble, and with Katich out we have lost that advantage as well

I didnt say it wouldnt help them, but its probably the only way we will take 20 wickets.

does anyone else think that Beer was only included because of his name?

lol obviously the selectors are certain the only way to get pieterson out is a left arm spinner.

Last sheffield shield he bowled 3/136 at Perth, Hauritz took 7/104 for the match and Steve Smith 0/22 off about 20.

Haha, is like watching NZ selections at the moment

Beer is just strange, he wasn't even anywhere near Australia A was he ?
Johnson, dropped for bowling a bag of ****, doesn't go and play a match anywhere, and straight back into the side ?

Volley link said:
I can't believe Beer got a start, I really can't.

It's beyond a joke now.
warnie pushed it  ..  lets hope he leaves egg on ya face..

I have loved the back page headlines. :D

Firstly - 'From Bollinger to Beer'

and now

'Critics turn as Beer left on ice'

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/critics-turn-as-michael-beer-left-on-ice/story-e6frg7rx-1225972373198

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7