Your preferred 2024 side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How about this starting side for 2024:-

Coca Koula (Could easily be our Walsh)
Saab
Garrick
Trbo
Paulo
DCE
Brooks
Paseka
GKCT
Jrbo
Olakau'atu
Brbo
Schuster
Res: Croker, Sipley, Keppie, Bullemore, (Lodge when fit comes in for ????)

Depth: Aloiai, Tuilagi, Lawton, Sykes, Condon, Weekes, Arthur, Humphries, Tuipulotu, Vaega, Talau, Parker..........plus new signings > forwards, backs????

• Re-sign Lodge, Bullemor for bench, and Matterson, Woods for depth and Humphreys, Faulalo, Ferris, Sykes on development.
  • Release Talau, Condon, Fulton and don't re-sign Parker, Vaega, Harper, Boyle, Johns
  • Recruit established and proven Prop, Hooker, Centre, and Utility (Prop must be elite, pack leader type)

NRL (Reserves)
01 Trbojevic (Weekes)
02 Saab (Paulo)
03 ???* (Faulalo*)Dev.
04 Koula (Ferris*)Dev.
05 Garrick (Tuipulotu)
06 Brooks (Arthur)
07 Cherry-Evans (Humphreys*)Dev.
08 ???* (Aloiai)
09 ???* (Chan Kum Tong)
10 Trbojevic (Keppie)
11 Ola'akautu (Lawton)
12 Trbojevic (Tuilagi)
13 Schuster (Croker)
14 ???* (Matterson*)
15 Bullemor* (Sykes*)Dev.
16 Paseka (Sipley)
17 Lodge* (Woods*)

*Unsigned
Lot of thought went into this mate, and very well put together in all positions!

How about this starting side for 2024:-

Coca Koula (Could easily be our Walsh)
Saab
Garrick
Trbo
Paulo
DCE
Brooks
Paseka
GKCT
Jrbo
Olakau'atu
Brbo
Schuster
Res: Croker, Sipley, Keppie, Bullemore, (Lodge when fit comes in for ????)

Depth: Aloiai, Tuilagi, Lawton, Sykes, Condon, Weekes, Arthur, Humphries, Tuipulotu, Vaega, Talau, Parker..........plus new signings > forwards, backs????
I love the backline.

In terms of the forwards i can't see Schu playing in the middle at 13 (although his body shape would suggest he is ideal for it)

Realistically Croker will be the hooker until GCKT can take over - this might be at least another 12 months.

It's unfortunate that Latu & Samuela are not in the mix. If there are no new signings, this would be my preferred 2024 team.

1. Turbo
2. Paulo
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Saab
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Jake
9. Croker
10. Paseka
11. Olakau'atu
12. Burbo
13. Schuster
14. GCKT
15. Bullemore
16. Sipley
17. Lodge

Based on what we've got I would suggest this is close to what we need. Despite what others suggest having Olakau'atiu, Burbo and Schuster in the back row is a dangerous combination if they get their game together, Fast, creative, each with different qualities. I like it. I think Burbo is under rated. What I've seen suggests he's going to be a winner. GCKT is our next top No 9 in my opinion. Controls the game. Has leadership qualities. We dont need to look elswhere.

1. Turbo/Koula
2. Koula/Paulo
3. Talau/Turbo
4. Garrick
5. Saab
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Lodge
9. Croker
10. Paseka
11. Olakau'atu
12. Burbo
13. Jake
14. GCKT
15. Bullemore
16. Sipley
17. Aloiai

My 2024 YART

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Reuben Garrick
CE - Tolu Koula
WG - Jaxson Paulo
FE - Luke Brooks
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Jake Trbojevic
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Ben Trbojevic
LK - Josh Schuster*

Bench - Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Toff Sipley, Matt Lodge, Ethan Bullemor

The rest - Jake Arthur, Sean Keppie, Brad Parker, Kelma Tuilagi, Christian Tuipulotu, Tommy Talau, Morgan Harper, Ray Vaega

* If Schuster is a bust at lock we can always move Jake back there.

Last edited:
1. Koula
2. Saab.
3. Garrick
4. Turbo
5. Paulo/Tuipulotu
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. GCKT
10. Jake
11. Haumole
12. Burbo
13. Croker

Res
14. Aloiai
15. Bullemoor
16. Schuster
17. Keppie/Sipley/Lodge

Notes

• The 13 is a big problem and i would give Croker a go here to see if it could work. Otherwise, its back to Jake at 13, Croker 9, and GCKT to the bench. Schuster is not a 13. It would solve a lot of problems if he was, but he doesn't have the motor or work rate.
  • I get that others won't want Aloiai in the 17 but he was our best forward a year ago and seemed injured all this year. I'm prepared to give him a chance if injury-free.
  • I think Manly needs to shake up the backline and I would give Koula a go at fullback and Tom to the centres. If it doesn't work, then swap them.

Question.....

If Schuster is a bust at lock in 2024, I wonder if it would be worth playing Froggy at lock and Gordon as the permanent dummy half??

Lock can be played 3 ways really. As an extra prop, as a ball player, or as a combination of both (which Jake does). Lachlan Croker could be used as the ball playing type No.13 because his defensive role wouldn't be all that different to hooker.

Although most likely if Shoe doesn't measure up its probably Jake who'll move back there.

Question.....

If Schuster is a bust at lock in 2024, I wonder if it would be worth playing Froggy at lock and Gordon as the permanent dummy half??

Lock can be played 3 ways really. As an extra prop, as a ball player, or as a combination of both (which Jake does). Lachlan Croker could be used as the ball playing type No.13 because his defensive role wouldn't be all that different to hooker.

Although most likely if Shoe doesn't measure up its probably Jake who'll move back there.
Croker could play a Ruben Cotter type role. Both are the same size and height.

If available, Best would be a very positive purchase. As far as attacking no. 9s go, Ipape would be worth chasing. However, I think Flanagan is trying to secure him for the Dragons.

Whatever would we do with Tommy Talou and own Zip Zip Man, Brad Parker.

We still need to make a few tweaks for next year in my opinion. Just my idea of some options.

1.Trbojevic (weekes)
2.Saab (vaega)
3.Koula (talau)
4.Garrick (iro)
5.Paulo (tuipolotu)
6.Brooks (schuster)
7.Cherry Evans (arthur)
8.Trbojevic (woods)
9.Croker (humphreys)
10.Paseka (sipley)
11.Olakau'atu (condon)
12. ????? (Lawton?)
13. ????? (matterson)

14.GCKT
15.Lodge
16.Trbojevic
17.Bullemor

Development
Faulalo, Dias, Sykes, Uesele

OUTS
Keppie, Aloiai, Johns, Lawton, Parker, Harper, Tuilagi, Fulton, Boyle, Fainu Brothers.

INS
Iro..... (covers 1-5 no brainer in my opinion)

I feel like we need to add a backrower and a lock to really push for a premiership. My shortlist includes some players I feel like we have something to offer them given their current circumstances. And the type of player we need to balance the pack.

Josh Curran
Interchange player at the wahs, on a modest contract of 400k reportedly. Starting spot and a chance to come home to Sydney.

Heilum Luki
Another interchange player, leiluia and nanai ahead of him. A little injury prone, a fresh start and a promise of a start could be appealing.

Naufahu Whyte
Not sure where he fits at the roosters moving forward, however unlikely, should be worth looking at if we haven't already.

Kobe Hetherington
Behind Pat Carrigan, Broncos will need to make upgrades to keep their squad together with haas now signing a big deal. Could work in our favour.

Ryan Matterson
Interchange player at the eels. His brother at the club. Put him back on an edge and have a family reunion.

Zac Hosking
Manly DNA, penrith need to lock down luai and Edwards. Conveyor belt of talent in the reggies. Who knows, penrith may part with him.

Lachlan Fitzgibbon
Not my first choice, but think I read somewhere he is being squeezed out of the knights due to cap reasons. Runs a good line. Could get him on a budget deal perhaps ?

We still need to make a few tweaks for next year in my opinion. Just my idea of some options.

1.Trbojevic (weekes)
2.Saab (vaega)
3.Koula (talau)
4.Garrick (iro)
5.Paulo (tuipolotu)
6.Brooks (schuster)
7.Cherry Evans (arthur)
8.Trbojevic (woods)
9.Croker (humphreys)
10.Paseka (sipley)
11.Olakau'atu (condon)
12. ????? (Lawton?)
13. ????? (matterson)

14.GCKT
15.Lodge
16.Trbojevic
17.Bullemor

Development
Faulalo, Dias, Sykes, Uesele

OUTS
Keppie, Aloiai, Johns, Lawton, Parker, Harper, Tuilagi, Fulton, Boyle, Fainu Brothers.

INS
Iro..... (covers 1-5 no brainer in my opinion)

I feel like we need to add a backrower and a lock to really push for a premiership. My shortlist includes some players I feel like we have something to offer them given their current circumstances. And the type of player we need to balance the pack.

Josh Curran
Interchange player at the wahs, on a modest contract of 400k reportedly. Starting spot and a chance to come home to Sydney.

Heilum Luki
Another interchange player, leiluia and nanai ahead of him. A little injury prone, a fresh start and a promise of a start could be appealing.

Naufahu Whyte
Not sure where he fits at the roosters moving forward, however unlikely, should be worth looking at if we haven't already.

Kobe Hetherington
Behind Pat Carrigan, Broncos will need to make upgrades to keep their squad together with haas now signing a big deal. Could work in our favour.

Ryan Matterson
Interchange player at the eels. His brother at the club. Put him back on an edge and have a family reunion.

Zac Hosking
Manly DNA, penrith need to lock down luai and Edwards. Conveyor belt of talent in the reggies. Who knows, penrith may part with him.

Lachlan Fitzgibbon
Not my first choice, but think I read somewhere he is being squeezed out of the knights due to cap reasons. Runs a good line. Could get him on a budget deal perhaps ?
Who is this Iro fellow of which you speak?
I'm sure Kevin is not considering a comeback. Perhaps it's his son?

In the Rumoured Signings thread, we've apparently released Johns for next season, because "our caps filled up."

That means:
Croker at 9 (again)
No changes in the forwards (Lodge taking cap)

While our new backline players look great, while the engine room is sputtering, I see no improvement in the forwards (they've been the same for years now) - so what will just "magically" change?

2024 - 12th-15th. Sad really.

In the Rumoured Signings thread, we've apparently released Johns for next season, because "our caps filled up."

That means:
Croker at 9 (again)

While our new backline players look great, while the engine room is sputtering, I see no improvement in the forwards (they've been the same for years now) - so what will just "magically" change?

Disagree Ryan, with a fully fit side in 2024 we can easily make the 8, even push for a top 4 spot. Just got to get that cursed injury monkey of our backs tho..

1. Koula
  2. Saab
  3. Turbo
  4. Garrick
  5. Vaega / Paulo / fualauo
  6. Brooks
  7. Dce
  8. Paeska
  9. Crocker
  10. Lodge
  11. Olakauatu
  12. Schuster
  13. Jurbo
  14. GCKT
  15. Sipley
  16. Keppie
  17. Bullemore / aloli
  18. Burbo

That means:
Croker at 9 (again)

I think that’s just a nice way of saying he’s beyond our requirements with 5 other halves ahead of him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8