your kidding des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hardly the rookies fault. Everyone was pretty ordinary tonight but we have the bye next week with Beaver back the week after and are currently 10 from 12, hardly time to panic like some seem to be.

Let's give Penrith a bit of credit for their first half effort. They exploited our compressed defence and scored two great tries. I doubt it would have mattered who was at centre, simple overlap. We only went down by one try and that was the one they scored in the second half which was a miracle ball and equally good pick up and then an inside ball to one of the fastest players on the field.

Having said that we had plenty of opportunity and Penrith copped a bath in the penalties which we should have converted. I'm convinced now that Orford is a choker, he doesn't want to get involved and grab the game by the scruff of the neck. When we needed direction he goes missing and then pops up on the 5th for a crappy kick option. He was poor in the second half and left it to concentric circles to weave his headless magic.

Good points were the defence in the second half and I thought Watmough and G Stewart had great games. Kite tried hard without a lot of support up front. Good to see Bell make a bit of impact for the first time this year, amazing what running straight does for you. I really think we are better with Burns at 5/8 and Lyon in the centres. Lyon just doesn't look likely at 5/8, he doesn't get involved enough.

Basically we got out played, it's not the end of the world, but there were some worrying signs.

[quote author=Pepi]

Monas was terrible tonight, he's just not tackling like he used to.

The smell of money is in the air and his mind must be in Warrington.
[/quote]

Ridiculous comment

Monas was mainly crap, with a few good moments thrown in though. Penrith wanted it more and we were a little flat.

Cant believe Brett dropped that ball, it was right on his chest and he was in the clear onnly Wesser to beat.

Its disappointing because this was a 4 point game.

Exactly how many chances did we blow?

Back it up matey. Most here are saying he was ordinary.

He was ordinary, some nice touches, but mostly average

However to say that it is just due to money is absolute rubbish. I hate that argument in whatever context it is used, arguments used such as "he knows he will get paid anyway so didnt commit to that tackle" etc

The comment implies that he has his bag of coin so couldnt give a stuff about Manly, which is bull****. He looked liked he cared after that 40/20 that Orford kicked.

All apart from Watmough & Stewart lloked flat. I take it as a Melbourne hangover. Hopefully same happens to them, and we remain on top.

Cuthbos play the ball infringement after Watmoughs try really hurt us, took whatever momentum we had away from us. I know he got it back with a solid tackle 30 seconds later but it was too late!!!

Agreed...and as much as I hate to say this.........I don't think he's 1st grade standard.

Ouch...that hurt.

Hmmm, im not prepared to write him of yet. Give him some time as he is only young and very raw. Big jump from PL.

I have just arrived home from the game. It was cold out there. I'm not responsible for Matai's non-attendance Flip and yes, the tries would have been scored with him on the park. It wasn't the fault necessarily of Neumann or Robbo but the compressed defense that Des insists we play. When we're all on song it works, when we're not, and they play expansive, we hurt. Lewis was the key to their win and he made the two overlaps. Just too clever, and at half time we failed to come up with a strategy to get across the line. The penalty count in the second half was 7:1 our way. We were down there but, as always, got ourselves mixed up. Orford didn't help in that department. And Cuthberstson again showed why he is a PL player and should stay there. I suggested Afsamanga to bulk up our forwards, ignored. Our big men hardly laid any sort of platform for us tonight. All in all, Riff wanted to win, we just sort of hoped we would. disappointing to say the least.

I don't know Garts. Is mobility and weight an issue for him do you reckon?

Yeah I think so but I wont write him off just yet. Will be good to see him when we are on top playing well in a game but his chances are running out fast I think.

I think he's a bit soft in the brains department. He's way to slow of the scrum and slap tackles. No grunt. He dropped the ball putting us under enormous pressure and gave away a 'flop' penalty. Ther surely are better options.

It's a pity about Neumann as from where I stood he could have passed when he got into the clear down the side from a kick from Lyon near the end of the game but died with the ball. Pity really, would have sent it into extra time.

****en orford is not worth a piece of toilet paper

Neumann didnt let in the try old mister half a million per year blew off the youngster when he called orford to come wider in defence. Trust me, it was all of 10m away.

Can someone tell Orford he isnt and never will play origin and to just give it up. He couldnt organise ****. Monas had to move to half back to give the team some structure in attack, far to late and we were playing catch up footy.

Cant believe guys are getting stuck into cuthbo for dropping the ball in a 3 man tackle then getting it back a minute later without even mentioning orford dropping it 5m out in a 1 man tackle when we were having one last dig last. One is a player in his 6th first grade game the other is being paid half a ****en million a year to dish up that ****e.

Watmough played well

Thanks for the reminder Fluffy, I was screaming at Orford then. But it was a ****ty pass from Bell I think!!!! Still farking frustrating either way.

However Cuthbos mistake was all his own doing, just sloppy stuff.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4