Your Biggest ref blunders Ever !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Just watching a replay - Manly vs South's 2011 at Brookie...Manly dominant but Souths on last try a desperation grubber across field from 15m out....ugly bounce going dead...Merrit chases and does his best to bat the ball back in, his foot Clearly on the ground dead in goal and hits it back in goal for a Rabbit chaser to ground it....unbelievably a green light and Lyon usually very calm is blowing up delux.
Another was Manly leading Eels in the Hayne plane days and after making a break, the hooker/half Keating comes to Stewart and throws a pass from 12m out that his Eels mate catches 2m out and they play it on for a try....at least 7m forward and if it wasn't against Manly, absolutely comical
Any other CLANGERS....not just involving Manly, but any outrageous decisions is good @:)

Parramatta’s 5m forward pass back in the Hayne era.

Tom’s so called forward pass that would have won us the game.

The game that gets me the most apart from the 2013 GF is the 1995 GF: the Bulldogs had two tries off forward passes and another try given on the 7th tackle! Hello! McFly! Six tackles in rugby league!

Most decisions involving The Grasshopper Barry Gommersal in any Origin match.

Just watching a replay - Manly vs South's 2011 at Brookie...Manly dominant but Souths on last try a desperation grubber across field from 15m out....ugly bounce going dead...Merrit chases and does his best to bat the ball back in, his foot Clearly on the ground dead in goal and hits it back in goal for a Rabbit chaser to ground it....unbelievably a green light and Lyon usually very calm is blowing up delux.
Another was Manly leading Eels in the Hayne plane days and after making a break, the hooker/half Keating comes to Stewart and throws a pass from 12m out that his Eels mate catches 2m out and they play it on for a try....at least 7m forward and if it wasn't against Manly, absolutely comical
Any other CLANGERS....not just involving Manly, but any outrageous decisions is good @:)
The Vidiot that day was Tim Mander and I remember the Nein cameras focusing on him after he made that call and he was laughing at the crowd. It was a hideous decision by him and I remember it meant that the 16-4 lead we had was cut and they scored the next 2 tries to put us behind. I remember feeling rather annoyed that day till Kieran Foran grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck, scored 2 tries and we won well!

There was a knock on from slater that they classified as an attempted field goal, which was a grubber kick from 3 m out

Gasnier scored in the corner said bill harrogant in the box. It was clearly a dribble. Harrogant reckoned he didnt have the right screen. What made it worse is how he justified it for ever and probably still does

There is the howler that Sutton allowed a try to Peachey which decided our knock out final in 2017 and for good measure in 2019 he killed us again when he binned Jake when we were leading with 10 to go on a very dubious call and the vermin took full advantage!

There was a knock on from slater that they classified as an attempted field goal, which was a grubber kick from 3 m out

Gasnier scored in the corner said bill harrogant in the box. It was clearly a dribble. Harrogant reckoned he didnt have the right screen. What made it worse is how he justified it for ever and probably still does
Was that the play where Slater put a grubber kick into the in-goal to score but dropped the ball in front of his foot and actually kicked it on the bounce? You could see Slater walking back with his team mates shaking his head and - clear as day - saying "no, I dropped it" and then the video ref ruled it an intentional drop kick.

I remember a game against Gold Coast where P Campbell (I think) was chasing a kick. Ox dove to get the ball and Campbell tripped over him. The ref penalized Ox claiming that he had thrown himself in front of Campbell just to trip him, not in an attempt to get the ball. This was despite Ox coming up with the ball in his hands.

All part of the fun of being a Manly supporter.

Was that the play where Slater put a grubber kick into the in-goal to score but dropped the ball in front of his foot and actually kicked it on the bounce? You could see Slater walking back with his team mates shaking his head and - clear as day - saying "no, I dropped it" and then the video ref ruled it an intentional drop kick.

I remember a game against Gold Coast where P Campbell (I think) was chasing a kick. Ox dove to get the ball and Campbell tripped over him. The ref penalized Ox claiming that he had thrown himself in front of Campbell just to trip him, not in an attempt to get the ball. This was despite Ox coming up with the ball in his hands.

All part of the fun of being a Manly supporter.
Yeah that is the slater incident. Crazy decision

Oh and the Preston dive. That was a clanger

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4