• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surely this is proof that Des has to pick these youngsters and stick with them. Cust gets an opportunity a few weeks back and is our man of the match and again looks dangerous tonight. Funa is close to our top try scorer and only played a handful of games and showed tonight he can also hit in defence. Now Olakau-atu finally gets 80 mins tonight and played better than Waddell and Gosiewski have combined all year. Ola was a beast tonight. Now for Hoppa to play next week, Elliott is just so ineffective, safe yes BUT absolutely nothing in attack. Or surely Hoppa atleast gets a gig on the left wing. Then that leaves us Schuster and Metcalfe to get a run, surely Metclafe can offer more than Croker off the bench and Schuster is arguably the best young talent out of all the teams in the comp. Yes, they'll make some mistakes, but we can do what Panthers have done and benefit greatly at seasons end and especially next year.

Surely this is proof that Des has to pick these youngsters and stick with them. Cust gets an opportunity a few weeks back and is our man of the match and again looks dangerous tonight. Funa is close to our top try scorer and only played a handful of games and showed tonight he can also hit in defence. Now Olakau-atu finally gets 80 mins tonight and played better than Waddell and Gosiewski have combined all year. Ola was a beast tonight. Now for Hoppa to play next week, Elliott is just so ineffective, safe yes BUT absolutely nothing in attack. Or surely Hoppa atleast gets a gig on the left wing. Then that leaves us Schuster and Metcalfe to get a run, surely Metclafe can offer more than Croker off the bench and Schuster is arguably the best young talent out of all the teams in the comp. Yes, they'll make some mistakes, but we can do what Panthers have done and benefit greatly at seasons end and especially next year.
Definitely needed, been like it for six weeks that’s the problem.

1.Albert
2. Garrick - needs to improve his game more, been disappointing how he hasn’t kicked in after last season.
3. Schuster
4. Suli
5. Funa
6. Cust
7. DCE
13. Jake only for 50-60 minutes.
12. Sirro - if fit, Titmus if not.
11. Guaca that’s his jumper!!
10. Tent
9. Levi
8. AFB

14. Metcalf - See what his got.
15. Keppie
16. Thompson if fit -Titmus if not.
17. Marty
18. Saddler
19. Boyle
20. Parker
21. Titmus Sipley if Titmus is in the 17.

Elliott (swap with Hopoate in attack)
Hopoate
Funa
Suli
Garrick
Cust
Dec
Marty
Guac
Sirro
Afb
Levi
Jake

Paseka
Boyle
Keppie
Shuster

Left right out Parker Jorge Croker and Elliot once Hammy boy returns.

After listening to tonight's press conference I doubt there will be any significant changes. Same old cliches hold on to the ball, efficiency, execution let us down, we had our chance to win the game. I just hope Olakau'atu keeps his spot and doesn't suffer the same fate that Cust did after his MOM performance. Very depressing to listen to and watch.

After listening to tonight's press conference I doubt there will be any significant changes. Same old cliches hold on to the ball, efficiency, execution let us down, we had our chance to win the game. I just hope Olakau'atu keeps his spot and doesn't suffer the same fate that Cust did after his MOM performance. Very depressing to listen to and watch.
In fairness to that the team did play dumb at times , but changes need to be done Funa holds his spot as does a Guac

It shows doesn't it. The youngsters did well. The risk was worth it. Why wasn't Hopa there, Des?. Why wasn't Schuster considered, Des?. Its the youth that will save this club from an also run role this season, not the slow and safe strategy, a left over the Barrett days.

It shows doesn't it. The youngsters did well. The risk was worth it. Why wasn't Hopa there, Des?. Why wasn't Schuster considered, Des?. Its the youth that will save this club from an also run role this season, not the slow and safe strategy, a left over the Barrett days.
The season is slipping away 2 of our best players tonight were Guac & Funa

We have nothing to lose blooding these young players. We need to see them tested against the best players. Tonight showed again that we have too many passengers.

Lets see if the coach is prepared to do what he did a decade ago when he unleased Foran DCE and Hoppa, ummm we won a comp!

And to add to that... I honestly could not care less whether we make the finals or not if Des just invested in the youth and gave them a run. Sure, it would be bonus cream on top if we make it, but it's actually a secondary concern for me at this point.

Exactly how I felt when I heard Des droning on about dropped ball. We actually completed at 82% -- higher than the Worriers -- especially in the wet.
This was not our problem. It is that we are slow and predictable. We can't score tries through kicks -- where other teams score 30% of theirs -- and we can't defend against kicks.
When will one of the so-called journalists ask Des why he is keeping our talented youngsters from gaining their chance? Just because Des has banked so many brownie points over 400 matches shouldn't quarantine him from scrutiny?

Elliott (swap with Hopoate in attack)
Hopoate
Funa
Suli
Garrick
Cust
Dec
Marty
Guac
Sirro
Afb
Levi
Jake

Paseka
Boyle
Keppie
Shuster

Left right out Parker Jorge Croker and Elliot once Hammy boy returns.
This is the 17 I’d have but if Joel is fit I’d have him on the edge and guac on the bench Boyle off. I’d also not swap Jake and Marty. Have not seen him but would like to see this schuster or metcalfe in the 14 jumper. Croker needs to go now. I’d actually be happier for Levi to play more minutes. Didn’t Croker give away a crusher penalty with a min to go in the 1st half and then they scored. I nearly threw my remote at my beautiful flat screen as my son says DAD!! When that happened I knew they would score and bridge too far and it was!

Wendell type players we only signed to fill in if top grade players got injured but unfortunately they have so many injuries they are all needed to fill in and are not up to 1st grade standard
That’s why I’m not as hard on some of these guys as others. Waddell, Elliot, jetski and co they ain’t first graders but players you have to have in the top 30 to balance the roster and add sone experience at the same time. You can win with them but not ongoing when u have so many starters out. These guys are like your good players in qld cup or reserve grade but don’t cut it at the elite level.

That’s why I’m not as hard on some of these guys as others. Waddell, Elliot, jetski and co they ain’t first graders but players you have to have in the top 30 to balance the roster and add sone experience at the same time. You can win with them but not ongoing when u have so many starters out. These guys are like your good players in qld cup or reserve grade but don’t cut it at the elite level.

Agree

I haven’t read many of the topics on here and probably won’t

The reality is that in Tom, walker, Parker, AFB, Fainu, Taupau, Sironen and thompson, half our salary cap was on the sideline by the end of last nights match, any team in those circumstances would be struggling

Problem is Dez not giving the other top 30 players a go. How long did it take to give Quac a run? What about Hoppa, Schuster, Sipley?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7