• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I don't think we want to go too dramatic.

I'd go

1.Hoppa
2.Garrick
3.Suli
4.Parker
5.Funa
6.Cust
7.DCE
8.Taupau
9.Levi
10.Paseka
11.Thompson
12.Sirronen
13.Jake

14.Shuster (cover Levi with Cust to dummy half 15min)
15.Olakau'Atu
16.Keppie
17.Boyle

I'd go

1.Hoppa
2.Garrick
3.Suli
4.Parker
5.Funa
6.Cust
7.DCE
8.Taupau
9.Levi
10.Paseka
11.Thompson
12.Sirronen
13.Jake

15.Olakau'Atu
16.Keppie
17.Boyle
I think changing our half combination every week is borderline crazy

I'd go

1.Hoppa
2.Garrick
3.Suli
4.Parker
5.Funa
6.Cust
7.DCE
8.Taupau
9.Levi
10.Paseka
11.Thompson
12.Sirronen
13.Jake

15.Olakau'Atu
16.Keppie
17.Boyle

that team would win games.

Agree

I haven’t read many of the topics on here and probably won’t

The reality is that in Tom, walker, Parker, AFB, Fainu, Taupau, Sironen and thompson, half our salary cap was on the sideline by the end of last nights match, any team in those circumstances would be struggling
If any team had an excuse to not turn up it's the Worriers. Living away from home and family, losing their coach/s, players going home, their ball-player deserting them during the week, playing at a 'Fortress'....
Na. We were pedestrian. The Worriers played with heart.

. Its the youth that will save this club from an also run role this season, not the slow and safe strategy, a left over the Barrett days.

And yet ... Barrett had all these kids in his teams ...

Parker 19
Tom 19
Jake 21
AFB 20
Suli 19
Fainu 19
Bainbridge 18
L Knight 20
Hastings 21
B Kelly 21
Paseka 20
T Wright 20

Cue @hozza ... I've got him on a string ....

PSS ... also a bit insulting to Dessie to suggest he is maintaining a policy left over by a former coach ... even if that policy didn't exist ...

Parker 19
Tom 19
Jake 21
AFB 20
Suli 19
Fainu 19
Bainbridge 18
L Knight 20
Hastings 21
B Kelly 21
Paseka 20
T Wright 20

PSS ... also a bit insulting to Dessie to suggest he is maintaining a policy left over by a former coach ... even if that policy didn't exist ...
Love ya work Woodsie.
You are an excellent fisherman. Sprinkle in some burley then it's hook, line and sinker.

Love ya work Woodsie.
You are an excellent fisherman. Sprinkle in some burley then it's hook, line and sinker.

Hahah .... yeah but .... in the fair dinkum stakes ... there were articles written that our 2016 and 17 teams were the youngest in the comp by an average of 2 years .... to now suggest that Barrett didn't give young blokes a go is re-inventing history ...

Love ya work Woodsie.

Yes I’m not the only fisherman on Silvertails but the main difference is I actually can catch a fish ( although very few last week due to the bloody weather).

Not sure if Woodsie actually ever wets a line or not but he’s good at fishing!

Agree

I haven’t read many of the topics on here and probably won’t

The reality is that in Tom, walker, Parker, AFB, Fainu, Taupau, Sironen and thompson, half our salary cap was on the sideline by the end of last nights match, any team in those circumstances would be struggling
Excluding the Roosters

There's probably a lot that we aren't privy to but we need to blood youngsters and piss off these reserve graders who are perpetual fixtures of the first grade side. Hoppa, Schuster, Metcalf and Burbo need to get some first grade time in preparation for an overhaul in 2020.

Elliot and Croker aren't going to get any better. Taufua has become a liability. And Parker is a backup quality player, not a starting centre.

It is crazy to me that we have some of the most exciting young prospects in the NRL sitting on the sidelines whilst the Panthers are debuting a player like Staines.

Parker 19
Tom 19
Jake 21
AFB 20
Suli 19
Fainu 19
Bainbridge 18
L Knight 20
Hastings 21
B Kelly 21
Paseka 20
T Wright 20

Oh Woodsie. Not quite as clear as you make it, but there are some good points

Firstly Tom T started first grade in 2015, Jake in 2013 before Barrett arrived. Suli was brought over from Wests after playing several games in first grade. Hastings from Sydney City even more games, and yet he only played 13 games, mostly off the bench...need I say what happened, and then released.

I'll acknowledge Barrett promoted Parker and Fonua Blake into his team in the first year and then Kelly, Paseka and Fainu in 2017

But what of the others. Knight played 1 game, then released, Bainbridge 3 games then released, Wright 5 games, only two full games then released.

My issue with Barrett, and why I am likening his actions to Des, relates to play makers and a certain reluctance to promote them. I don't know the story about Hastings, but he was an attacking player who made things happen. So did Wright, yet Barrett drove both of them out of the club, when it was just that type of player that was needed in that disastrous year 2018.

What I'm getting at with Des is that he has two of the best junior attacking players in the game, and he seems like Barrett reluctant to play them, despite having lost 5 of the last 7 games. I know there are issues to do with injury but both are available. The team, like Barrett's 2018 team, is struggling without flair and we have two players sitting on the side line who would seem the very type of player the team needs. It needs spark and waiting for Turbo to return is just sitting on one's hands.

Now Hasler has promoted Cust, Funa and Olakau'atu, and good on him, but he's done it because he's run out of players through injury, not because they were being promoted by merit over others showing an inability to compete effectively now that Turbo and perhaps Walker are missing. Other teams like Penrith and Newcastle are getting their young future stars into the game.

That is the comparison I was making.

Bear, my point wasn't that he debuted them ... but that he had no issues with having young players in the team .. you don't have to sell me on giving the young blokes a shot .... I think Dessie has had at least 4 good opportunitise to put Schuster on the bench ... and I have been calling for Guacomole all season ... Hoppa I don't know ... injuries and lack of game time above Flegg puts enough doubt in my mind that slowly might be better ... #Desknowsbest

So did Wright, yet Barrett drove both of them .. (Hastings and Wright)... out of the club,

But it is the one sided comments like the one above that in my opinion take away from your point .. It was DCE .. a normally well controlled and focused team Captain ... whose late night fight with Hastings that forced the issue after 3 previous falling outs ... Hastings has admitted to being a goose .... and with Wright he did give him 5 chances and in my opinion with the exception of one try .. was pretty under whelming .... and rather than force him out, Wright requested a release to go back to Rugby, even though he knew that Barrett was not going to be coach next year ... hardly forcing them out of the club ...

it is the one sided comments like the one above that in my opinion take away from your point .. It was DCE .. a normally well controlled and focused team Captain ... whose late night fight with Hastings that forced the issue after 3 previous falling outs ... Hastings has admitted to being a goose .... and with Wright he did give him 5 chances and in my opinion with the exception of one try .. was pretty under whelming .... and rather than force him out, Wright requested a release to go back to Rugby, even though he knew that Barrett was not going to be coach next year ... hardly forcing them out of the club ...

A couple of point there Woodsie. Firstly Wright.

Wright was reportedly in five games but I referred back and could only find him listed in 4 games. Round 10 played off bench 6 minutes, Round 15 off the bench 56 minutes, Round 18 off the bench 65 minutes and Round 19 in original team but taken off after 38 minutes . Against St George, his performance was considered by most on this forum to be most promising. Against Melbourne he held his own off the bench. Against the Roosters, the premiers, he struggled and was taken off but he was not the worst on the field. Never played again and chose to leave two months before Hasler was signed. So he played 225 minutes, a little over two and a half games worth. That is hardly a fair assessment on a player don't you think. Meanwhile his talent is beginning to bloom with the Brumbies and is being talked up as a potential Wallaby

In respect of Hastings, maybe you have some inside info, but if that one incident led to his exile, that's hardly fair play. Its reported he had personality issues. So that hardly makes him Robinson Crusoe. Its suggested he had trouble in other clubs yet his Sydney City coach said he was fine and he left because they brought in someone else to take the position he was hoping to hold. The kid had talent, but I saw very little of Barrett giving him opportunities to develop in the side. In 2017 he was almost always off the bench and was listed in 11 matches but only played a total of 215 minutes. His only listing in the top side was Round 20 at five eighth for 65 minutes. He played four games in 2018 for a total of 97 minutes of play. Didnt play another first grade match after Round 5. Yet went to England, saved Salford from relegation in the relegation matches in 2018 and then assisted the side in the next year as one of their stars to the grand final. No problems suggested there.

Curious isnt it?. Wright came to Manly as a junior deciding not to accept an offer to play International Rugby 7s as well as other League offers, worked his way through the juniors and starred and left after 4 games of first grade. Hastings came to Manly for a chance to play in the top side, ended up playing the equivalent in field time of two and a half games in 2017 and just over one game in time in 2018. Little wonder he got frustrated. And yet I recall when he was on the field in most matches he sparked the attack.

I've nothing personal against Barrett but he was a novice who lost control at Manly when things got tough. Has some good skills and may do well. But at Manly, he was disappointing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8