Young Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Ryan Hall is going - given his international status guessing that will free up AFB type money to target other Origin class players
If they manage to pull it off again this year by winning a third straight premiership-it may be the catalyst for the NRL to tapNick on the shoulder. They'd be smarter to let another team win... enter the Melbourne Storm.

Guesstimates and some reported
850k for AFB
400k for thommo
150k elliot
200k levi
Davey in for wadell
250k Taufua if retired
150k boyle
100k metcalf
100k Hopoate unsigned

Off the top of my head thats 2.2..
Take off 200- 400k for suli and cust upgrades ( possibly fainu )

It may be worth noting AFB may of been let go due to not having the space to pay him the 850k without being over the cap.

Id say a safe estimate would be 1.5.. best case 2ml
dont we also get cap credit for Fainu and Greenk&%ts stupid "no fault stand down BS rule ,,unless you play for Bronco's , Storm ,etc " ,also I think Fainu was on 400/450 but has extended at 300k so maybe a bit more in there as well

dont we also get cap credit for Fainu and Greenk&%ts stupid "no fault stand down BS rule ,,unless you play for Bronco's , Storm ,etc " ,also I think Fainu was on 400/450 but has extended at 300k so maybe a bit more in there as well
Yeah im not to sure.. but either way if he is available from July or whatever the remaining part of his salary will kick in from then.. plus.. the club might just keep the whole lot aside in case of a miracle with the policy post de belin case

We do get cap relief for Fainu being stood down but it has to come out of the club's pocket. Not sure the Penns would do that

$850k freed up by AFB if reports are correct, $600k from Thompson, plus a number of others being released. Even considering upgrades, Manly had factored that $850k into our cap for 21/22, so we have to have money for at least one quality player surely.

As long as we keep the good juniors, I have no problem with that.

We all have our own opinions here and that is what this wonderful forum is all about

Can this back line win us a grand final
Hopper harper Parker and funa ?
IMO..... No Way

I still contend that Brad Parker has turned into one of the best defensive centre's in the NRL. The problem is that he has no pace. He's got a great work ethic and isn't afraid to roll his sleeves up and do the hard work, but while he can sniff out the odd close range try, his lack of pace really does hurt his attacking game.

In this day and age in the NRL, centre's need to be both good attackers and good defenders (I hate to say it, but e.g. Michael Jennings). The problem with our first choice centre's (when all are fit and available) is that we have one who is a good defender and poor attacker (Parker) and one who is a good attacker but a poor defender (Suli). There is no balance there.

I still contend that Brad Parker has turned into one of the best defensive centre's in the NRL. The problem is that he has no pace. He's got a great work ethic and isn't afraid to roll his sleeves up and do the hard work, but while he can sniff out the odd close range try, his lack of pace really does hurt his attacking game.

In this day and age in the NRL, centre's need to be both good attackers and good defenders (I hate to say it, but e.g. Michael Jennings). The problem with our first choice centre's (when all are fit and available) is that we have one who is a good defender and poor attacker (Parker) and one who is a good attacker but a poor defender (Suli). There is no balance there.

I agree.

And what is successful 2020 NRL all about ?
Speed, speed, speed.

Great defensive centres do not win comps in the touch footy era, despite us dinosaurs still loving that 2019 style.

I am of the opposite opinion. Geez it needs to be damning evidence to be found guilty. Without going into detail I've seen how the court process works in these exact scenarios...I would highly doubt he will be found guilty.

You are merely supporting my position. By the way I was a parole officer working in the courts and gaols. Don't underestimate the legal system. Most people convicted are guilty, most dismissed are not. There are obviously exceptions both ways but they are the significant minority or there is insufficient evidence...and that doesn't automatically mean they are guilty but freed. Worked in and out of the courts and gaols for 34 years. I get annoyed with the radio and TV shock jocks and commercial rags who make the exception seem like the rule. The system works in the vast majority of cases

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2