You want "Guac" with that?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gauc is certainly not on the nose at Manly. He is nothing like a troublemaker and is a really good kid.

He was training really well but picked up a calf injury.

Expect him to push for a bench spot if/when injuries occur.

He is not a first pick for rd.1.

Jetski has won Thompson's spot. Davey on bench.

Gauc is certainly not on the nose at Manly. He is nothing like a troublemaker and is a really good kid.

He was training really well but picked up a calf injury.

Expect him to push for a bench spot if/when injuries occur.

He is not a first pick for rd.1.

Jetski has won Thompson's spot. Davey on bench.

Thank you @Snake :thumbsup:

For the record ... I think Jetski won Thommo's old spot late last year when he showed much better form starting in the back row than he did playing the forced utility off the bench. I'm not expecting him to become a contender for something like Origin, but I am expecting good things from Jack in 2021. I think he's set for a breakout season if he can stay healthy and play most of it in his preferred back row. Its when he gets thrown around into the centres or front row that he struggles. But in the back row he's more comfortable and more consistent.

Personally, as said above I wouldn't mind seeing Jake moved into the prop rotation, even if it meant both Paseka and Aloiai come off the bench, with Siro moved to lock where he could use his ball skills and kicking game more. It probably won't happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing how that goes.

Thank you @Snake :thumbsup:

For the record ... I think Jetski won Thommo's old spot late last year when he showed much better form starting in the back row than he did playing the forced utility off the bench. I'm not expecting him to become a contender for something like Origin, but I am expecting good things from Jack in 2021. I think he's set for a breakout season if he can stay healthy and play most of it in his preferred back row. Its when he gets thrown around into the centres or front row that he struggles. But in the back row he's more comfortable and more consistent.

Personally, as said above I wouldn't mind seeing Jake moved into the prop rotation, even if it meant both Paseka and Aloiai come off the bench, with Siro moved to lock where he could use his ball skills and kicking game more. It probably won't happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing how that goes.
Its only a small change but one that could have huge benefits. I like it! Probably start the year in normal positions but if we are 1 from 4 then we really need to experiment a couple things and this is definitely worth looking at.

the reason it won’t happen is because of defence. In attack, it would be nice to move Jake to prop, have Him run a bit more and also have a breather but with no established 9, we need him defending in the middle for 80 minutes.
He copped a fair bit of stick for an average season last year but he was the only thing standing between us and the wooden spoon because his defence was rock solid and had to be. No one else was helping.

the reason it won’t happen is because of defence. In attack, it would be nice to move Jake to prop, have Him run a bit more and also have a breather but with no established 9, we need him defending in the middle for 80 minutes.
He copped a fair bit of stick for an average season last year but he was the only thing standing between us and the wooden spoon because his defence was rock solid and had to be. No one else was helping.
and he may have been killing us with penalties but 9 times out of 10 (maybe 7/10) our defensive line was shot when he gave one anyways... I got the feeling that it was a task given to him by the coach...

and he may have been killing us with penalties but 9 times out of 10 (maybe 7/10) our defensive line was shot when he gave one anyways... I got the feeling that it was a task given to him by the coach...
Often we evaluate a players ability based on what they do with the ball but the true value of Jake is his rock solid d in the middle third of the field. Our ruck defence (along with injuries) will be our biggest Achilles Heel this season. Jake is our best hope of stemming the leak up the guts. No Api, no Manase, means Jake is more important than ever.

Often we evaluate a players ability based on what they do with the ball but the true value of Jake is his rock solid d in the middle third of the field. Our ruck defence (along with injuries) will be our biggest Achilles Heel this season. Jake is our best hope of stemming the leak up the guts. No Api, no Manase, means Jake is more important than ever.
as pointed out by @Ryan in the 'trials' thread, our defence is what has been absolutely killing us... sure we have demonstrated limited attack in recent times (especially sans-Turbo) but our defence has been damn embarrassing...

unfortunately Jake is like a solo rower trying to power a Viking langskip.... :sweating::sweating:

as pointed out by @Ryan in the 'trials' thread, our defence is what has been absolutely killing us... sure we have demonstrated limited attack in recent times (especially sans-Turbo) but our defence has been damn embarrassing...

unfortunately Jake is like a solo rower trying to power a Viking langskip.... :sweating::sweating:
100%
Attack with a fully fit team should fine. Tom, DCE, Foz, Walks and even Saab as an aerial threat...we have points in us.
But...

no recognised 9 means d is gonna be the big question mark...Croker is willing, we just have to hope his body holds up

Very true.

I honestly cant believe the trajectory this kid is on. 6 months ago he "had potential", now he is one of the most damaging players in the game full stop. He can be an enforcer or show amazing skill for a man of his size.

Looking forward to what the future holds.

I honestly cant believe the trajectory this kid is on. 6 months ago he "had potential", now he is one of the most damaging players in the game full stop. He can be an enforcer or show amazing skill for a man of his size.

Looking forward to what the future holds.
He will play origin next year. NSW has no better backrower. He is a really important part of our team. He has it all! Defence, attack, skill, aggression! And still so young. I hope he is at Manly his whole career!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4