You can't beat the Refs!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bencher
It's not possible... They control the game to a set agenda, and dish out the penalties to suit that agenda.

Last week, it was a miracle, the refs trying to get the Sharks back in the game, I think 12 penalties in a row. Tonight, the Titans got 8 in a row. It completly buggered any momentum we had, and left us with no hope.

That's not even considering the 50/50's, going to the bunker, and just the general mistakes and wrong calls that are made by the refs. A lot of Silvertails are bagging our players efforts, 5 day turnaround, rookie reserve graders, and such, but we were never going to win this game, we were on the wrong side of the ledger.

F**k the Referees, the Bunker, and the NRL... the game has lost its way for mine.

Last week and this week was a joke. You could clearly see the agenda. I'm a fair bloke, I get the rub of the green thing, but this direction is clearly cheating, giving an "unfair advantage" to a chosen side. I wore my home jersey loud and proud at Burleigh Bears, arguably the heartland of the Titans. I was the only Manly supporter there, and they were embarased by the blatent legups. I'm p1ssed, and it's not from the booze!

Last edited:
Last week was disgraceful and tonight was even worse. Why does every try we score go straight to the video and they find a reason to disallow it. Half the tries the titans scored tonight would have been disallowed if manly scored them

Then the penalties are just unbelievable.

When we got back to 26-18 and Jorge made they break - he was held down for a definite penalty but the refs wouldn’t blow it. We had momentum - the titans were out on their feet and we looked like going over. However they’d blow anything against us.

What about marty’s Incredible tackle on the line and refs tried to find a way to penalise it but couldn’t.

We didn’t play well tonight but the refs decide games more than ever in the history of this code imo.

The try they scored when kelly was in the line and hit siro is what pissed me the most. So many manly tries disallowed over the years for the same thing. But tnite the vid refs use logic.
200 percent agree. We get tries like that disallowed every second week.

I think last weeks straight 10 penalties against away from home, yet overcome the refs with Attitude, is a clear indication tonight we were not switched on....
Had Manly performed against the Sharks like they did tonight, Sharks would have won by 50.
Agree the calls were crap....but unfortunately an off, flat night...

36 -18 at home after leading 12 nil. Sorry don’t buy it.

We were tired after weeks of grind. Simple as that
You can only go so far without your stars. We need them now urgently. .

I hate refs as much as anyone but they didn't cost us the game tonight. We were poor and they got lucky with some kicks....end of story

I agree we were poor, flat after our recent efforts, and didn't deserve the points, but momentum is critical to how the mindset of the players toil. When things go against you 12 or 8 times in a row, while you are on top during a match, it shatters your confidence, and tires you out more. I know that you both understand this. I'm not even blaming the refs, its the agenda that is obviously directed to the referees tip sheet. It is changing the game I love to something I don't enjoy so much anymore.

And it's not just Manly. It's blatent cheating from the top to control the results, to suit the betterment of the game... Lol lol lol
End of rant.

Last edited:
I highly doubt refs are agreeing to ref to suit nrl agendas. Just one roll over and the game would be finished.

Far too much to lose.

Bill Harrigan came out a few years ago and told us about the Refs pre-match cheat sheet. It still goes on today. Todays referees are not accountable to anybody, and if a coach says one peep, it costs him $10K, and the wrath of the rest of these muppets.

Yep. It's a clean sport just like horse racing.
This opinion brought to you by Lottotland and Points Bet Stadium.

it wasn't in response to any ref taking a kick from a punter, my response was in relation to refs following NRL orders on teams that need to win/need to lose so to meet NRL;s agenda to supposedly support teams when the NRL deem it is needed.

Well we have already beat the refs a few times this year, but unfortunately tonight our halves were woefull and our handling was atrocious. Refs killed us, Titans murdered us, and we phucked ourselves big time.

I'm don't want to blame the refs for last night other than to say that how can the 3rd most penalised team going into the round only concede 3 penalties until the 70th minute while we got hammered?

I can't fault Perenara in the bunker either because he performed exactly as we all expected him to. As he always does when he's the video ref, he found any excuse to no-try Manly when called upon while at the same time ignoring even basic obstructions when our opposition, in this case the Tits, score. For example, he ignored that Brimson made a defensive decision to go for Walker when Walks jumped over the ball to avoid it in LG's try (Brimson had actually overran the ball, he misjudged it completely and was never going to stop LG because he'd run himself out of position), yet had no problems in saying that Thommo made a defensive decision to go for Kelly when Copley scored one of his.

But a good team can overcome that. Last night we didn't play like a good team. We lost because we simply didn't show up. We thought it was only the Gold Coast so all we had to do was turn up to Brookvale Oval and the points were ours. On the other hand, the Tits did show up, they were desperate and had a point to prove, and they won.

The reality is that we were as flat as a board last night and in all honesty, of the 17 I thought only 6 got a pass mark (Jake, Kapow, Scorpio, AFB, Elliot and Api). Walker and Garrick look to be a very good attacking combo and their speed is going to cause opposition teams a lot of headaches.....but their defensive efforts on the right were shocking to say the least.

Last edited:
Walker and elliott had a shocker. I still believe elgeys try should of been allowed, walker can't disappear. If walker doesn't throw the ball forward and takes the tackle we probably score later in that set. Elliot caught out of position allows brimson try. Walker rushing out of line allows try out wide. Elliot having a brain snap on last tackle. That's 5 plays at vital times of the game. I dare say, if all 5 were eradicated we win the game easily considering 2 titans tries were scored from kicks and the whole team was flat.

Also Parker clearly knocks the ball back from the restart on to his head which projects the ball forward. We got robbed with that call. But no excuses, it never should of gotten to that point. We beat ourselves

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2