You can't beat the Refs!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What annoys me is there is not consistency. I watched the cowboys game last week and the cows were disallowed 3 tries because of obstruction, and every one I thought was a try, the defender had no chance at all of ever stopping the player but the ball was caught on the inside shoulder of the defender so it was sent upstairs and disallowed. Last night looked like the same to me, but was awarded. I have no problem with that call, because Manly were never going to stop that try out wide, but were is the consistency? Next week against Panthers we could see Manly get penalised for the same rule?

Thought Elliot was was pushed off the ball when chasing for the other Titans try as well, just as long as the same leniency gets awarded to Manly when we are in that situation in another game. He likes to put the whistle away Chechin, which is fine - but we got done for a few off sides and ruck penalties, and we couldn't buy a penalty when they were slowing down our line breaks and they let go so many Titan forward passes it was killing me.

Manly made mistakes and the kicking game was off. But both of Manly's no trys were a load of shyte. if even one of those were awarded the momentum swing in our favour would have been very difficult for the titans to recover from. Manly certainly didn't do themselves any favours but the ref bias and rub of the green was once again over the top.

i

It has got to the point where any fool can see the games outcome is directly controlled by the refs.
There is no consistency.
One side is penalised for something which is let go ten minutes later for the other side.
Half the penalties awarded are not justified.
The refs are nit picking in order to move the game in the direction they want it to go.
Sometimes the bias is so evident it makes me cringe.

It has got to the point where any fool can see the games outcome is directly controlled by the refs.
There is no consistency.
One side is penalised for something which is let go ten minutes later for the other side.
Half the penalties awarded are not justified.
The refs are nit picking in order to move the game in the direction they want it to go.
Sometimes the bias is so evident it makes me cringe.

This is not new, remember a few years ago I did some stats over two weekends , all games.

The amount of penalties, when they are given, and where they are given directly affects most games.

Let’s not forget who owns the game now and where most of the sponsorship comes from.

Therein lies the reason why.

Walker and elliott had a shocker. I still believe elgeys try should of been allowed, walker can't disappear.

I thought that was weird as well. Walker doesn't touch the ball... the defender basically goes for Walker and the vidiot ref basically said:

"No try because walker made the other player flinch"

To say walker become involved in the play is wrong surely? If the titans player only had eyes for the ball, he would have regathered it.

It seems like we got a try disallowed for walker 'being on the field."

Maybe I missed something in the ruling.

My baseball bat came to me in a dream and said "We can beat these refs. It may not be legal, but we can beat them"

And so it was done and not a trace of violence was seen.....because they were all blind anyway :giggle:

Disclaimer: I do not advocate beating referees with a baseball bat. This is Australia, we use cricket bats.

I thought that was weird as well. Walker doesn't touch the ball... the defender basically goes for Walker and the vidiot ref basically said:

To say walker become involved in the play is wrong surely? If the titans player only had eyes for the ball, he would have regathered it.

The decision was made due to walker impeding the play in making brimson commit to a defensive read he wouldn't of had to if walker was onside... end of the day though, walker can't disappear and brimson chose the mistake to commit to walker in the moment, it wouldn't of changed if walker was onside we still score the exact same way. I know you must be 10 metres away from a play if your offside from a kick, but instances 10-15 metres out from the line is impossible. It should of been play on in my opinion. Brimson has himself to blame in not attacking the ball. What makes it worse is on the flipside the titans are awarded two trys when our players were impeded clearly in the process.

36 -18 at home after leading 12 nil. Sorry don’t buy it.

We were tired after weeks of grind. Simple as that
You can only go so far without your stars. We need them now urgently. .
I agree with you. Most of the young players that have been playing the last few weeks wouldn’t even make first grade with the other teams. We were expected to be in the bottom 4 all season yet here we are equal 4th. These players have been playing out of their skins all season and have done themselves and the coaching staff proud. However at some point all the effort was going to start to take its toll on the players and unfortunately it was last Friday night. I’m sure Dessie will freshen them up this week so that we can put on a better show later this week.

You are 100% correct - this is known as "Making a defensive decision" with Brimson going that way, Walker did not play the ball and certainly didn't take him out - simply misjudged the ball.
It is no different to the lead runner, running through and a defender decides to take the wrong man, which is play on in every other game this season.
There were a few clangers and ALL were against Manly which is frustrating....but the truth imo, Manly were flat from the outset and the 12-0 up was a false score.
Titans were there for the taking and started horribly till we allowed them to get back into it and take control.
The defence did not move up, contact was soft and they had the up tempo on the back of it....this is why Roberts looked so sharp - lucky that Taylor was average, besides that pass to Copeley which comes off 1 in 20 times.
If your defence is down on impact, the attack will always be lackluster and playing sideways and mistakes will appear.....and they did.

Agree 100 percent Maxta but Roberts looked sharp because he is sharp. Said it a few times. Most underrated half in the comp. would love to have him beside DCE on the money he’s on now. A steal.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8