• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Dont know if anyone else is the same, but i enjoy tuning in every now and then for some light entertainment.

Now, they have come up with a controversial storyline that isnt sitting well with a lot of people

Basically, they blew up a limo, which is being portrayed as having Vince McMahon inside and he is 'presumed dead'. They are having memorial shows etc, which are being booed by fans, and to see how elaborate the scheme is check out this link www.wwe.com

Have they taken things 1 step too far this time ?

I enjoyed it when I was under the age of 10, wont give it a 2nd look now.

Surely there are better things on tv or to do in NZ Kiwi.

I watched it for a couple of years during my mid-teens, but gave up on it a couple of years back because it just got too stupid. The necrophilia angle? Ugh.

I still stay in touch with the occasional news though, and this isn't near the most stupid thing they've done, but it's up there. :p

Probably better things to do, but it is still good for a laugh. More of a comedy show these days, cracks me up seeing a midget painted up as an african eating worms called mini boogeyman fighting against a leprichaun :lol: :drunk:

Yeah Mata, it is a form of theatre, just unsure if the younger kids will understand whats going on with this one, and unsure if they have taken the sotryline a bit too far

Does anyone know why people pay $50 to watch this on Box Office?

I can understand paying $50 to watch a huge title fight in the boxing, but WWF?

Does anyone know why people pay $50 to watch this on Box Office?

Not when you can get plenty of the crap for free

I was thinking the other day that the WWF etc have taken the place that comic books held for us older chaps you have your goodies and baddies most of them have special moves (powers) and the kids/young adults don't even have to read.

never watched it never been interested in it, couldn't care less about it. Bloody yanks

By RENATO GANDIA and ANDREW HANON, SUN MEDIA

The former mayor who declared Chris Benoit Day in Edmonton three years ago was stunned to hear that the hometown wrestling hero, his wife and son are dead.
“It’s a terrible tragedy,” Bill Smith said tonight. “I couldn’t believe what I heard.”

WWE fans around the globe were reeling in grief yesterday as news that Benoit, 40, had been found dead in his suburban Atlanta home, along with his wife and son, began filtering out. The news was broken to the world on the WWE’s website.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department in suburban Atlanta said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

Pope said results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and seven-year-old son Daniel were expected Tuesday.

Some media reports say no guns were involved.

----------------------------------------

Well, there you go.. that's a shame.

it could be a murder suicide and they are already claiming him a memorial day. Let's wait for the autopsy and investigation results huh?

Dont know if anyone else is the same, but i enjoy tuning in every now and then for some light entertainment.

Now, they have come up with a controversial storyline that isnt sitting well with a lot of people

Basically, they blew up a limo, which is being portrayed as having Vince McMahon inside and he is 'presumed dead'. They are having memorial shows etc, which are being booed by fans, and to see how elaborate the scheme is check out this link www.wwe.com

Have they taken things 1 step too far this time ?

The storyline has now been dropped.

Yeah i heard that Nutz, McMahon must be feeling like a real wanker now

Was shocked to hear about Benoit, he was pretty good to watch back in the day

Looks like the police suspect it is a murder suicide.

Good old Steroids.. fill you up full of testosterone and then it doesn't take much to send you over the edge.

Wrestling superstar Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son over a three day period, before hanging himself with weightlifting equipment, according to police.

Police investigators announced the grisly findings at a press conference this morning (AEST).

"Mr Benoit had sometime, possibly Friday, murdered his wife by asphyxiation. Sometime shortly after that, the same for his son Daniel and sometime later ... committed suicide by hanging himself in the basement area," officials said in a statement from the Fayetteville Sheriff's Department.

Even more shocking, Benoit's son, Daniel, was apparently found with needle marks in his arm.

According to Atlanta District Attorney Scott Ballard, the boy was being given Human Growth Hormones because the family thought he was undersized.

In a bizarre twist, Ballard said it appeared the wrestler choked his seven-year-old son to death late Saturday or early Sunday morning, more than a day after killing his wife.

The bodies of the 40-year-old wrestler, his wife, Nancy Benoit, 43, and son, Daniel, were found in three separate rooms at their Atlanta home on Monday.

Mrs Benoit was bound at the wrists and feet, with a towel wrapped around her body and blood underneath her head, according to officials.

A Bible was reportedly found near each one of the bodies.

World Wrestling Entertainment staff asked police to check on Benoit after they were alerted to a series of "curious" text messages he had sent to friends, reportedly during Sunday's Vengeance TV wrestling program.

In one of the messages, Benoit said that his wife and son were sick.

In another message to a neighbor, Benoit said that the house door was open and the pets were outside.

"Our assumption is that that was an effort to try and get somebody to come find the bodies after the suicide," Ballard said.

However, police say they believe Benoit died on Saturday. Authorities understand he used a cord from one of his workout machines as a makeshift noose.

Toxicology tests will show whether steroids or prescription drugs, both found inside the Benoit home, could have been a factor in the deaths. Steroid abuse has been linked to angry outbursts known as "roid rage".

Mrs Benoit had filed for divorce and a restraining order against her husband in 2003, telling a judge she was "intimidated by threats of violence".

Yet when Benoit — nicknamed 'The Canadian Crippler' — won the world heavyweight championship in 2004, he hoisted the belt over his head and invited his wife and child into the ring to celebrate.

Asked by the Calgary Sun newspaper that same year to name his worst vice: Benoit replied: "Quality time with my family is a big vice. It's something I'll fight for and crave."

But as the investigation continues, it's Benoit's history of domestic abuse which has been brought into the spotlight.

In the papers, Nancy claimed that Benoit, "lost his temper and threatened to strike the petitioner and cause extensive damage to the home and personal belongings of the parties, including furniture."

She also said she was "in reasonable fear for petitioner's own safety and that of the minor child."

Three months later, she withdrew the divorce papers and a judge cancelled the proceedings.

Benoit met his wife on the wrestling circuit during the mid-1990s.

Then, she was the wife of fellow wrestler Kevin Sullivan. As part of the scripted show, Benoit and Nancy acted as if they were having an affair.

But a real life romance developed and Nancy left Sullivan for her new love.

Now, in the aftermath of the killings, some friends of Benoit have been unable to accept he would harm his family.

"He was very happy with his wife and he loved his son Daniel," Ross Hart, a friend of Benoit and member of the Hart wrestling family, told the Edmonton Journal.

"This would be very uncharacteristic of Chris to do anything self-destructive. I find it very hard to believe that he would end his life or his family's."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4