• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did they change the rules and are you allowed to tackle people without the ball now???

I'd have answered no before tonight (dependent on who was refing 'Manly and who we were playing against) but a Roosters player just took out Ben Creagh without the ball, He's had to leave the field and no penalty??? WTF is with that.

I hate both teams but it's a refection on Ref's that things like that are let go.

I keep,saying it but the standard of reffing is going downhill continuously.

Its not all their falt though. the game needs to be simplified. The refs cannot cope. There are to many things to police and the complexities are too great for them.

The ref boss Finch is like a lazy minister in a safe seat.

I think the ruling was that Sa took Creagh 'on suspicion'. It's basically saying 'if you are going to run a decoy, then you might as well expect to be collected in a tackle'.

It looked very ordinary, but when it comes to decoys...sometimes it is just going to happen. All teams run decoys close to the line, and defences have to stop them somehow - sometimes you have to predict which player is going to get the ball. And when that happens, sometimes you get it wrong. But the rule is in place so to give the defensive team a chance when you've got four blokes hitting the line who could potentially come up with the ball.

I think the most blatant "let's get the roosters across the line" was perrit grounding the ball at around the 72nd minute in goals. He picked it up but red didn't want dragons to strip. Then in about the 77th minute the 1 on 1 strip against perrit

Sucked in to the Roosters losing big mouth for the season.  O'Meley on report (and playing like yesterday's hero).  Sa to come under scrutiny.  And the Roosters are so small on the edges, Orford will need to practise his cross field bombs if we're to play them.

The Dragqueens and Bongos also look to have injury concerns.

i saw at least a dozen efforts last night of players pushing into the marker yet not penalty against the marker. Guess its only josh perry who gets done for that.

Remember that call against Matai when we played the Dragons ???? Last night was far worse than that !!!

While we are on match officials, i must admit that while watching the Broncos match, that i penciled us in for 2nd place when i saw the touch judges wearing Storm jerseys !!! Quarterback Smith will get away with murder from dummy half

Kiwi, you'll be happy to hear that the touchie's in the Storm game will be in their normal gear I think, because it was going to clash with the Melbourne jerseys.

So while we know which side they're going for, they won't be allowed to show it haha.

Was there a special reason for those Purple things they were wearing mate ? Presumed it was for some charity, because if it isn't, then it is just odd

Yeah, there was a reason. It escapes me right now, something to do with bravehearts? It's some sort of kid protection group or something. A good cause even if I can't remember exactly what it is all about...

REFEREES SUPPORT BRAVEHEARTS

NRL

2008-09-04
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news_REFEREES%20SUPPORT%20BRAVEHEARTS_20080904094420

NRL Referees boss Robert Finch has warned it is not just clubs whose finals chances are on the line this weekend, saying officials had to show the courage to make tough decisions in a round of finals-deciding matches.

And they will have no better motivation than the purple jerseys each official will wear this round in support of Bravehearts, Australia’s largest child protection advocacy group.

“It might sound corny but quite frankly we couldn’t have picked a better week to be wearing a Bravehearts jumper,” Finch said.

“This shapes as one of the most tense season finishes possible with three teams fighting for the minor premiership and seven of the eight matches having a bearing on the top eight.

“All our officials are going to be under a lot of scrutiny, that’s part of the job this time of year, but they have to respond to that challenge and that’s what I will be looking at when deciding finals appointments.

“It is also a tribute to the blokes involved that they wanted to do something publicly for Bravehearts and that they have chosen such an important round to do it.”

The partnership between Bravehearts and NRL Match Officials hopes to encourage millions of Australians to display and carry Bravehearts White Balloons on White Balloon Day – Tuesday, September 9, 2008.

“We are so pleased that the NRL Referees have nominated Bravehearts as their charity of choice this year and for their proud display of Bravehearts’ signature colour (purple) throughout Child Protection Week,” said Hetty Johnston, Founder and Executive Director of Bravehearts.

“The purple jerseys the NRL Referees will be wearing during Child Protection Week are an important signal of support and encouragement to all victims and doubles as a strong message to perpetrators – communities working together can break the silence on child sexual assault.”

For more information, log on to www.bravehearts.org.au.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4