Write the Cheque

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
We were woeful, Their Defence was awesome, but i hope we send Des in with 10k in his pocket and let him speak his mind tonight

Archer was ****en awful. We got done for holding down a couple of times in 1st half, yet they were all over us for a lot longer.
Everytime there was a swing and we got some momentum, he slowed it.
We get done for hands in the play the ball, yet all night they could do as they pleased to our man playing the ball, little shoves, hands on the pill.

5 times in a row on the wrong end of this little ****wits counts is not a coincedence

We play a pressure game Kiwi. If we have such a bad ref performance against us then it makes our game hard.

We didn't lose because of the dropped ball (it helped), we lost because the ref just kept stomping on the momentum we were trying so hard to build.

They're a ****ing dirty team though aren't they.

Reminded me exactly why I hate them so much.

Manly were ****en disgraceful. Jamie lyon is a joke. dunley is a pathetic wanker. monaghan and watmough are the only two who deserve to breathe after tonights effort.

My thoughts

The end

Lyon was the only one that looked dangerous at the end of the game.

I agree Flip, some filth in them, especially Catuia

How good was it to see Orford smack that ****en weasel (cleal) in the face.

Should have given him a second one just for me.

We got outplayed. Sure the ref didn't help, but we dropped a lot of ball and their first two tries were just woeful defence from us (King and Bell).

We really choke up in pressure games and tend to lose our way when we really need some direct attack, or someone at least directing the attack.

The Dogs turned up to play and their pack gave ours a bit of a lesson, no disgrace when you look at the quality of their starting 6. Watmough and Kite would be the only ones from Manly that would be an outside chance of breaking into that pack.

If we want to be serious premiership contenders we need to win games like that. Some good stuff tonight, but also some worrying stuff. The more I think about it the more I'm convinced we are missing Burns more than we like to admit.

Here, here C&C. I also thought (as much as I hate to agree with M Johns), that Beaver should have gone into the backrow around the middle of the ruck near Orford and Lyon.

I would have had Lyon / Bell in the centres.
Monaghan / Orford in the 1/2's.
Ballin in at Hooker.

cuthbo is earning his spot i think.

Hall goes missing

King has grown 2 balls and become a man but not enough to compete with mason

i think i will drink myself to sleep. damn you manly

When the **** is des going to learn that Beaver is not a centre. Never was and never will be.

We lose most games that he plays in the centre.

Yeh he tried that **** too much last year as well. Beaver can hold his own in the centres against teams like the Bunnies, but why not put a ready made centre like Lyon back in what is probably his strongest position. Ryan's got it right, would have rathered Monas at 5/8 and Ballin to hooker.

Oh well it's done and dusted now, lets hope we learn something from it.

yep we are definately weakening one position to strengthen another, get Lyon back to centres ASAP, he showed tonight he can run the ball and beat men consistantly. he isnt a creative passer.

When the **** is des going to learn that Beaver is not a centre. Never was and never will be.

We lose most games that he plays in the centre.
Beaver was not the problem tonight - he is filling in for Matai.

Stupid errors from your hero didn't help us, though generally we just looked flat and ran out of ideas in attack. Our normally strong defense was brittle and we weren't up against a committed team.

The ref was shocking and stopped our momentum but we haven't played well for quite a few weeks.

I've only listened to it over the radio but the first 2 tries sounded soft which pissed me off.

Our great playmaker Orford i think was mentioned about 4 times during the call. Must have had another mind blowing performance.

It is difficult to make an opinion of it when you've only listened to it.

It's dissapointing to lose but I guess both teams were due for what happened. A good win at Oki Doki oval next week could get us back on track. That was our first loss at Brookie in 357 days.

The first two tries were very soft and the mistakes that gave them field position were uncharacteristic. We did not look as safe on our line as we have. A few penalties did not help either and we spent most of the first half camped in our territory.

Orford is disappointing though I still think we have the wrong five-eighth.

The first two tries were very soft and the mistakes that gave them field position were uncharacteristic. We did not look as safe on our line as we have. A few penalties did not help either and we spent most of the first half camped in our territory.

Orford is disappointing though I still think we have the wrong five-eighth.

Well, we differ there.

I reckon you could throw Lockyer in the 6 at Manly and Orford will still be ****ing ****.... He's a ****ing joke and needs a big size 13 planted in his arse.

the icing on the cake was when the dogs player was about to play the ball, with no manly hands anywhere near the ball. He then decides to stand up and push kite away with the ball which goes flying out and we get done? A farken joke

After match Travis Burns said he was right for next week. But still cannot believe the crap being dished up at the aftermatch get together. The consensus from the players was that Des wasn't happy, they blew the game with the 3 errors before half time, and luck wasn't on their side in the 2nd half. Best of all they said there was nothing to worry about and everything is fine.

Fair dinkum what planet are they on?
1. We haven't scored a point in the 2nd half for the last 3 matches.
2. Lyon is doing nothing
3. Beaver should have been lock last night and brought a back in to replace Matai or Ballin should have started at hooker and Monas to 5/8.
4. Why do we pretend Lyon is a 5/8 which leaves the question why the F%$k did we let Burns go.
5. Some one needs to deal with the referees as we are getting canned in all 3 grades with penalty counts- and what do we do different from other teams - nothing!
6. We were flogged last night by a better team only Choc, Orford and Bell had any impact.

Can I say my sediments we common place at the after match, and even some of the Directors were in agreement.

Where to from here ? I hope not a slump.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2