Would you rather have been there?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
It could have easily been is in the Dogs shoes yesterday and to be honest I think it would have been a similar result.

Would you rather have been there and lost the GF to Souths or was it better going out the way we did?

I think you are right @torana355

The only thing that gets me is people thinking the Bulldogs had a better year than us...

MadMarcus said:

The only thing that gets me is people thinking the Bulldogs had a better year than us...

Nobody cares about the GF loser. The dogs are already forgotten lol.

Are you asking would we rather have been there...knowing we were going to lose...

Or would we rather be in a gf?

Ah but you believe we would've lost.

Sheesh

erm

I'd rather be there as anything can happen on gf day!!!

torana355 said:
MadMarcus said:

Nobody cares about the GF loser. The dogs are already forgotten lol.

They were already forgotten before the game...at least, that was the impression I got from the media's shamefully biased coverage of the GF. Channel 9 appeared to mention them only as an afterthought in the otherwise uninterrupted Souths love fest: "oh yeah, there's another team in this too...what were they called again?" :dodgy:

MadMarcus said:
It could have easily been is in the Dogs shoes yesterday and to be honest I think it would have been a similar result.

Would you rather have been there and lost the GF to Souths or was it better going out the way we did?

While quite a lot of our squad deserved to be there, the behavior of others told me they didn't deserve it, so no. At least the Bulldogs looked united off the field.

I think we would have also been belted if we had played.

The vermin stepped up against us in August and again in the finals where we were a distinct 2nd best.

We could not match their power game and that is something that we really need to improve in 2015

MadMarcus said:

Would I rather get to the Grand Final and lose? No.

Getting over a semi-final loss takes about 10 mins. Getting over a GF loss takes the whole off-season...

At full strength, in form, we beat them. I just think we are better across the park, even if our forwards are a little light on.

However... I'm struggling to think of a single game where we played 80 minutes with a full strength squad. I'm damn sure we didn't put in a single 80 minute performance this year?? A few great halves yes, but no truly strong 80 minute game.

Put Gift, Buhrer, Ballin and Watmough in our squad.. Heck add in Fa'aoso whom we lost before a whistle was blown and we are a strong squad, backed up with a classy backline..

Alas, it never happened. 2014, the season that "could have, should have, would have" been :(

Someone made the point that the Dogs will go into NRL history as the team Souths beat to break their GF drought.
No one wants that title.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6