Worst Manly Player recent memory!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Well we've had plenty of discussion about our best players.

Who is the worst to ever play in our top grade?

My pick

Sam Murphy!

I hate to say it, but this is my honest opinion...

Jason King.

I have never seen a player with less mobility, and offer less fitness wise (minutes on the park).

As a forward goes, there is no surprise he makes less metres than any other forward in the NRL.

How he was picked for City / Country is beyond me.

My honest opinion, is that I'd rather Glenn Stewart as a mobile prop. He'd get more involved, play more minutes, and make more metres - regardless of size.

JK needs some serious body shape fitness, and I suggest a crap load of aerobic exercise.

I don't want this to be too slack or anything, but how we lost Sam Harris, who was diverse, could play a good number of minutes, made good metres, had the ability to offload, and create second phase play, and was probably on less money than King is now is beyond me over King.

I know he gave away a few silly penalties, and had a few shockers, but he also had a number of good games, and is injurred quite rarely. How many GOOD games did King have this year?

1 against the Broncos.

Somehow I think Sam was glad to leave. I think King wouldn't have been to keen to leave.

Anyhow he was injured so I blame, "over-achieved" DESSIE for the King debacle.

1 against the Broncos.

Somehow I think Sam was glad to leave. I think King wouldn't have been to keen to leave.

Anyhow he was injured so I blame, \"over-achieved\" DESSIE for the King debacle.

do you blame Dessie for your haircut?

By the way guys - that's not to say I don't want to see him kill it next year. If he added mobility to what he does, then he will be a fine player.

He has the passion for Manly - I can tell that.
He has the aggression at times, and that is good.

I'd love to see him come out & prove us all wrong. He's young, so he has that going for him.

What do you mean by recent?

The Squasher, Danny Costello, Adam Brown, Barry Reidy, Paul Beath, Michael Peachey, Andy Goodway and Bernard Dwyer all immediately spring to mind for me

The Squasher, Danny Costello, Adam Brown, Barry Reidy, Paul Beath, Michael Peachey, Andy Goodway and Bernard Dwyer all immediately spring to mind for me

How could you slam your ex-work college in Paul Beath wheel? he was never the same after he had his foot turned around the opposite direction. At least one of the eaqles angels thought that he was alright though.

You have forgotten Adam Hayden, Dragan Durdevic, Steve Crouch, Adam Peters and of course everyone's favourite - Scott Fulton.

Couldn't hold myself back from this post :
( I've included a few players from the "dark Northern Eagles days")

The Fulton Bros , The Zero Bros (Iro) , Adam Brown , Chris White , Hugh Waddell , Nigel Roy , Adam Muir , Adam Peters , Dragan Durdevic , Brett Kimmorley , Jason Taylor , Michael Buettner , Paul Stringer .

I'm sure there are many others.

although not manlys worst player ever,monaghan comes to mind as some of the worst consecutive errors & brain explosions.his lack of consistency is attrocious ,not to mention how he falls to pieces when there is pressure on him.
p.s ,king has been the biggest cat to don the marroon & whites for some time..

[quote author=byso]
lol......nope. But he shouldn't of played him \"injured\" so often.

I tend to agree but he also did not have to much else available in the front row dept.

[/quote]

He had Hecks playing PL for about 4 weeks!

[quote author=The Wheel]

How could you slam your ex-work college in Paul Beath wheel? he was never the same after he had his foot turned around the opposite direction. At least one of the eaqles angels thought that he was alright though.

You have forgotten Adam Hayden, Dragan Durdevic, Steve Crouch, Adam Peters and of course everyone's favourite - Scott Fulton.

[/quote]

Just threw Brutus in there for old time sake, great bloke though.

We could go back further and mention Ian Barkly, Ian Baker and Laurie Frier

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4