Worst game of football I have ever seen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our defence was generally solid (until players got shuffled around because of injuries) but the attack was awful.
As niccipops says, given the draw and the injuries we've had, we've done okay so far. But it's hard to tell if we're good or bad. One more win and I'd be ecstatic about the start to the year, but one less win and I wouldn't be happy at all. Maybe we're the definition of average.

THREAD.:hammer:

Would love my fellow Silvertails to give their opinions on our season so far. Due to work i miss every game and very rarely get to watch the replay. We seem to go alright at times and some of our forwards seem to have stepped up.

You can watch all the replays using livestream, Dowdz. That's how I watch here in Japan.

Worst performance of the year? Can't agree with that. Thought we defended quite well today, with most of the Knights chances coming off broken play or kicks. With Matai gone for 10, we weathered the storm and continued that in the first half against a stiff breeze, and a big crowd.
Was good to see us kick away in the second half, probably due to the luxury of a decent break between games, remembering, we have had five five day turnarounds in the first nine rounds.

Pass marks from me.

Onwards and upwards.

Tokyo Out

For all of this.....

Yesterday's game was our best defensive effort and second best attacking game all season.

I'm happy we won & got the 2 pts - frustrating game to watch - We need to improve every aspect of our game starting with intensity ; enthusiasm ; lines speed and play more direct at the line . Especially DCE - needs to play direct at the line , squaring up the opposition defensive line . We are going sideways.....

Manly have lost 4 games so it's automatically better than 4 games this season....
If you want to be bored, watch Illawarra in action....

The quality of the game yesterday was NSW Cup standard. The number of dumb options, drop balls, stoppages, and weak tackles was damning. I am glad we escaped with the two points but there were little positives to take away other than that.

A team like Newcastle shouldn't be marching up the field the way they did yesterday so I fail to see how our defence was good. A good side put 50 on us yesterday.

I will say this though, I was embarrassed by that try from the kickoff.....WTF????

Otherwise, I saw it as pretty much business as usual as it has been all season, loads of potential unfulfilled sprinkled with opportunities wasted.

Man some of you guys on here are hard to please,I watched that game yesterday,and bar some small mistakes,and the fact the team got changed around with the injuries we copped,I thought we played well not excellent,but good enough to take the points away from a team remembering that they got flogged the week before,so let's all take a breather and just enjoy the fact we won.eagles 4 everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The quality of the game yesterday was NSW Cup standard. The number of dumb options, drop balls, stoppages, and weak tackles was damning. I am glad we escaped with the two points but there were little positives to take away other than that.

A team like Newcastle shouldn't be marching up the field the way they did yesterday so I fail to see how our defence was good. A good side put 50 on us yesterday.

Is the best way to judge defence not the number / way points are conceded?

1 try from an excellent kick and another from a freak play says that even if they were marching up the park the defence was not that bad

I recorded this game as I couldn't watch it live yesterday.

I'm really looking forward to watching it.
Well frank I think you will be pleased with the way we played once you break it down before and after those injuries,I enjoyed it hope you do as well.

Is the best way to judge defence not the number / way points are conceded?

1 try from an excellent kick and another from a freak play says that even if they were marching up the park the defence was not that bad
No it's not, because when the intensity is lacking and opposition march up the field as they did yesterday, the good sides will put points on you. It was only that we played a very poor Knights side that we even won yesterday. I am looking at the bigger picture and the Eagles were off the pace yesterday.

A good example of what I am saying is the selfish play from Jackson Hastings in the Roosters v Dragons game yesterday. The Roosters made a line break and the Dragons we shot out wide on the next ruck. Hastings had a five on two outside him and decided to selfishly take the line on himself. Now just because the Roosters did not score, does not mean the Dragons defended the play well, it's that the opposition failed to execute.

Beating the worst side in the competition in one of the more ordinary games of football I have ever seen is not something I am personally willing to accept as positive.

No it's not, because when the intensity is lacking and opposition march up the field as they did yesterday, the good sides will put points on you. It was only that we played a very poor Knights side that we even won yesterday. I am looking at the bigger picture and the Eagles were off the pace yesterday.

A good example of what I am saying is the selfish play from Jackson Hastings in the Roosters v Dragons game yesterday. The Roosters made a line break and the Dragons we shot out wide on the next ruck. Hastings had a five on two outside him and decided to selfishly take the line on himself. Now just because the Roosters did not score, does not mean the Dragons defended the play well, it's that the opposition failed to execute.

Beating the worst side in the competition in one of the more ordinary games of football I have ever seen is not something I am personally willing to accept as positive.

Will agree to disagree as, for me, apart for a 10 minute spell in the first half when they had a couple of tries disallowed (and one great kick) I did not feel that they were really a threat.

Will agree to disagree as, for me, apart for a 10 minute spell in the first half when they had a couple of tries disallowed (and one great kick) I did not feel that they were really a threat.
Yeah because they are the Newcastle Knights. The team with the worst points for and against in the competition with their nearest rival 80 points clear of them.

We missed 30 tackles to the Knights 25...the week before against the Eels we missed 13.

Yeah because they are the Newcastle Knights. The team with the worst points for and against in the competition with their nearest rival 80 points clear of them.

And they did what they had to do against the opposition they were playing. Newcastle scored two tries from kicks (both freakish) and did not really threaten apart from the spell I previously mentioned.

Was it like the game against Souths where they scored two goals from close range almost under the sticks? No we looked a heap tighter in close than previously.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7