Worst case Scenario - Next weeks team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
manlyfan76 said:
I wouldn't mind Matai at full back for a week and Buhrer at centre.

No put LYON at fullback he would be great....whare and matai in the centres..
1.LYON
2.williams
3.oldfield
4.matai
5.whare/davey

Assuming that the media get their way in all this then I would anticipate next weeks team would be

1. Oldfield
2. T Rex
3. Whare
4. Matai
5. Davey
6. Lyon
7. DCE
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Galuvao
11. Watmough
12. Rodney
13. Buhrer

14. Rose
15. Mauro
16. Robinson
17. Harrison

1.LYON
2.TREX
3.OLDFIELD
4.MATAI
5.DAVEY
6.RICARDI
7.DCE
8.KITE
9.BALLIN
10.JOE
11.CHOC
12.RODNEY
13.BUHRER

14.ROSE
15.MAURO
16.ROBINSON
17.HARRISON

mickqld said:
Assuming that the media get their way in all this then I would anticipate next weeks team would be

1. Oldfield
2. T Rex
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Whare
6. L Foran
7. DCE
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Galuvao
11. Watmough
12. Rodney
13. Buhrer

14. Rose
15. Mauro
16. Robinson
17. Harrison

Actually I don't think we can used Davey he's not part of the squad. Liam Foran and Matt Cross are the other options.

mickqld said:
mickqld said:

1. Oldfield
2. T Rex
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Whare
6. L Foran
7. DCE
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Galuvao
11. Watmough
12. Rodney
13. Buhrer

14. Rose
15. Mauro
16. Robinson
17. Harrison

Actually I don't think we can used Davey he's not part of the squad. Liam Foran and Matt Cross are the other options.
So what would happen if all the guys do get several weeks and we continue to get injuries....what would happen in week 3 of finals if we only have 16 players....

We would have to get special dispensation to use players outside of the squad of 28 which I am REAL sure Gallop would approve....NOT.

mr seagles...I have to admit your post last week was amazingly prescient seeing as your predicted worst happened (along with an incredible win over comp leader Storm) and aliens have now bodily abducted Glenn, Brett, Lussick, maybe more... and Wolfie has a season ending injury. Hope you're happy with that mr seagles you potstirrer

Manly have shown they can beat the best in the competition, and although this is a setback Manly and Des Hasler will find a way to win!

Its no use speculating on what is out of our control. Wait until we know the firm details after the judiciary on Tuesday or whenever its held...and then wait until after appeals. News Ltd will be going overtime in next few days trying to whip up a crazy frenzy and sell loads of newspapers...most of those reporters are also sensationalist potstirrers as we know well...

Des will be Des and we know what is likely to happen next weekend based on what we know he has done in the past...we can count on that. I believe it will work out OK

I am hoping that the damage is restricted to a fine for the club, warnings for a few of the players and a two week suspension to Glenn. He should never have been sin-binned and did minutes in that game which should help his case. The league has to be seen to even and they aren't going to get the culpable Melbourne players except for Blair.

You can use players outside your squad, however whatever they would get paid can't take you over your second tier salary cap, which seems to be a lot more heavil scrutinised for some reason. At least thats my understanding.

I'm looking forward to seeing more game time for Buhrer. The more minutes he plays the better he gets.

As for us not getting beat by 43, I'd say its unlikely but who knows. A poor start and giving them a siff of it could be disastrous. The strange thing playing that extra game in week 2 of the finals could help us get players back who maybe suspended.

093035-dtevent-brookvale-brawl.jpg

1st of all id like to know what happened to Brett as ive been in the wilderness for a little while. 2nd of all...... have people gone nuts. From what i remember the 2nd brawl had Foran Robertson Brett and choc run over, Brett making slight contact, no punches were thrown by robbo foz and choc, so really if they are to get suspended its quite a joke. The players i see getting suspended for the brisbane game are. Glenn, Brett and Darcy, so that leaves us with a team of.

01.Robertson
02.Oldfield
03.Lyon
04.Matai
05.Whare
06.Foran
07.DCE
08.Rose
09.Ballin
10.Kite
11.Watmough
12.Rodney
13.Buhrer

14.Williams
15.Galuvou
16.Robinson
17.Mauro

I don't think for an a nd Robison will get anything, they did not start the melee by getting there first, the whole field started running at the same time they were just closer.

Copa Eagle said:
1st of all id like to know what happened to Brett as ive been in the wilderness for a little while. 2nd of all...... have people gone nuts. From what i remember the 2nd brawl had Foran Robertson Brett and choc run over, Brett making slight contact, no punches were thrown by robbo foz and choc, so really if they are to get suspended its quite a joke. The players i see getting suspended for the brisbane game are. Glenn, Brett and Darcy, so that leaves us with a team of.

01.Robertson
02.Oldfield
03.Lyon
04.Matai
05.Whare
06.Foran
07.DCE
08.Rose
09.Ballin
10.Kite
11.Watmough
12.Rodney
13.Buhrer

14.Williams
15.Galuvou
16.Robinson
17.Mauro

Which is a pretty good team indeed Copa!

Anyway we will know more this afternoon :angel:

torana355 said:
I like Robbo at the back, he is our best option without Snake and Hoppa.
If hoppa was fit I'd have him at fullback. Robbo is a winger and a great one but average as a fullback. Hoppa is a fullback playing as a winger.

I see our reserves had a big, belated, win on the weekend. So, there will be some talent with NRL experience in that team we can call up, if needed.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4